Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #61

I agree !! 😛
hittheroadgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #62
Bene Gesserit Rule

So now that we have vented our endearing love for electronic devices (while away from the real world) let us be practical. I suggest a handful of seltzer tablets, or maybe that famous combo of Mentos and soda. Just remember to keep the lid clamped shut.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #63
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I'd say the Amazon Fire 7". It constantly drops network to the point I keep getting kicked out of Poker Stars hands. Amazon has exchanged the unit 3 times and it's the same issue. I have several other laptops and tablets and the Amazon Fire is the only one that does this. Though it's small enough I could probably get it into the toilet I think I'll just ask for a refund.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #64

Oxyclean

Our houseboat black tank vent was designed by a moron It had two 90 degree elbows and a 4 foot section just above the tank level. It clogged and never worked. We used oxyclean to control the smell. It worked, but ate through the aluminum black tank eventually. Most travel trailers have plastic tanks, so Oxyclean will work. The smell is caused by anaerobic (without oxygen) digestion. The Oxyclean adds oxygen which controls the smell. When we replaced the tank, we fixed the vent. We now use TST from Walmart with good success. Run a hose down your vent pipe to make sure it is working.

On our travel trailer, I use the GEO method exclusively. It is cheap and effective. I live on a cut-de-sac, so I dump at home. I pop the manhole cover with a pick, and dump directly in. I use a wand to clean the sides. I believe the ride home with a full tank sloshes enough to help clean the tank.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #65

^^^^^^^
Good info.

I'm drawing a blank on TST,
Transdimensional Senso-Therapy?
Oh, found it. TST by Camco: probe cleaner.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #66

I am using Finish Quantum Max gel packs. I fill the toilet with about a gallon of water and let a gel pack start to dissolve in the toilet, then I flush with about 2 to 4 gallons of water. The gel packs seem to work quite well and they dissolve quickly. Before I depart on a trip, I place 1 pack into a gallon of water, let it dissolve, then add 2 measured gallons of water. Road trips produce a good mixing effect which seems to really break up any hardened deposits, if there are any to begin with. It also allows you to use the toilet in an "emergency" or if you are in a rest area with dubious sanitary conditions without worrying about undissolved solids or odor.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #67

Try snow fresh it works good for me
Waldo5461 is offline   Reply With Quote