Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #21
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

@Oakman - Great story! Thanks for sharing

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #22

That has got to be the best story I have ever heard. Im sitting here in a snow storm having a bad day and after reading that made my day sooooo much beter
joelandmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
and stumbled onto a half-naked pervert dancing in the dark in the bathroom.
Oakman, I have let all my guys up here at the shop read your account.

We may start referring to you as Mr. Pervis.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post

Oakman, I have let all my guys up here at the shop read your account.

We may start referring to you as Mr. Pervis.
Perfect!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's why I never go to bathroom without my phone. I have a light, entertainment, GPS, google (in case things start going wrong), and contact with the outside world. No naked perv dances for me.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

OK this is the story I have and theres a few ............

two years ago we went to a campground we had been to before.
the sites are not level front to back but level side to side .
I backed in >>>> this site ran down hill towards the back.
I proceded to give my then 15 yr old son the tire locks and crank handle(which he's done many times) whilst I grabbed a cold one to enjoy with the group of fellow campers .... 7 groups to be exact !
And they had been there for a day already set up and were all shootin the breeze as I unlatch the hitch and and safety chains and proceeding to jack up the trailer .
As it got to the top of the ball It suddenly popped off and the trailer started to roll backwards towards a 40 ' ravine !!!!!!! I naturally grabbed the jack and handle with both hands and tried to hold it back as both feet are sliding through the gravel ....... ONE smart friend of mine grabbed a split piece of wood and tossed it behind the camper before it rolled endlessly down the hill but not before the jack was completely folded up under my hitch which is now completely on the ground and me still trying to hold the camper from rolling by holding the jack !
we ended up digging a hole in the ground and using a small bottle jack to right the poor flagstaff .

lessens learned
1) let the boy pee before giving him the tire locks !
2) check to see if said boy has pee'd and installed tire locks !
3) dont unhook safety chains until tongue has cleared hitch !
4) drink more before you watch your tt roll 40 ' down a ravine !

we traded for our for our 5er 2 weeks later ...........

IT wasn't funny then but we've grown to laugh about it now !

TURBS
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

When I cleaned out my camper for the last time, I saw a couple spots of red on the ceiling of the bathroom. I left them.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #28
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
When I cleaned out my camper for the last time, I saw a couple spots of red on the ceiling of the bathroom. I left them.
Which is why when you see your old RV being backed into your neighbor's driveway as their "new to them" camper - you just smile and nod.

"mmmhmmm, red spots you say? I bet thats a new designer upgrade, You got a good deal!"
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
Which is why when you see your old RV being backed into your neighbor's driveway as their "new to them" camper - you just smile and nod.

"mmmhmmm, red spots you say? I bet thats a new designer upgrade, You got a good deal!"
LMAO That's why I never buy used. You never REALLY know what's happened inside them........

Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #30
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post
LMAO That's why I never buy used. You never REALLY know what's happened inside them........
I can beat that - we bought a used, one owner class C. Specifically told the dealership NO rental units.

Get it home and several weeks later the sun hits the back just right - and you can see the faded outline of ART'S RENTAL RVS, and their 800 number to call...

DW convinced me not to return it and not to sue.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #31
Camper Less Camping

Hilarious stories...Thanks Guys ))

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
Explorer

My laugh

Still get a good chuckle out of this one: It was Thanksgiving in Big Sur, drizzly and cold(42-ish, no laughing from you back east folk) and the heater suddenly wont light. Heater would try to start and then turn off, stove is working great so I start thinking igniter, TC or pressure switch. No big deal, I get my tools and go to work pulling it apart and looking for issues. Everything seams fine and is working properly but still won’t stay lit. So I decide to take a break, have a glass of Crown, sit by the fire and do a little deep thinking. That didn’t work but I did feel better so back in I go to take another look and there it was, my lovely wife had hung her umbrella over the heater exhaust. I have a chuckle, move the umbrella and squawk for the wife and as she comes over I open the umbrella to show a big hole “but its dry” I tell her.
Live and learn; always fun
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #33
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
Still get a good chuckle out of this one: It was Thanksgiving in Big Sur, drizzly and cold(42-ish, no laughing from you back east folk) and the heater suddenly wont light. Heater would try to start and then turn off, stove is working great so I start thinking igniter, TC or pressure switch. No big deal, I get my tools and go to work pulling it apart and looking for issues. Everything seams fine and is working properly but still won’t stay lit. So I decide to take a break, have a glass of Crown, sit by the fire and do a little deep thinking. That didn’t work but I did feel better so back in I go to take another look and there it was, my lovely wife had hung her umbrella over the heater exhaust. I have a chuckle, move the umbrella and squawk for the wife and as she comes over I open the umbrella to show a big hole “but its dry” I tell her.
Live and learn; always fun
John
Great story! It had 2 of my favorite elements...Big Sur & Crown

Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You know............
Its been known that a funny story always seems to happen when im around ........

Like the time "2 years ago" we pushed a couch better than 3 miles down a gravel road with golf carts to our camp site.....
A dead cat was involved.
A sermon was attempted.
Alcohol was involved.
I witnessed a golf cart in the air so high I could read the vin number on the bottom frame.

All in the same 2 hours

Turbs
That my friend was the CHEMICAL IMBALANCE I was talking about. You need to get that checked out, don't ya think?
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
Always Learning

Mine wasn't my first trip- but it was about a calculated risk giving me the business. My pop-up only had 1 propane tank. I knew I'd run out eventually, but didn't figure on it happening the one October night that:
A) it was colder than normal by 15-20 degrees
B) it would die at 9:30pm
C) my daughter would take a friend for the first time
D) out electric space heater would die AT THE SAME TIME

Needless to say- we bundled up and slept with extra blankets and sleeping bags!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
That my friend was the CHEMICAL IMBALANCE I was talking about. You need to get that checked out, don't ya think?
Its sad but zero percent of that was made up !

Ill make an appointment !
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
Haulin' Camp

How about seeing a tire roll down the freeway, and then realizing it belongs to your TT?!
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #38

I have a couple of little storys, each of which are the first time out with each particular camper.

The first must have been 2000 or 2001, a couple of buddies and I decided that going to a country music festival (Country Fest in Codatt WI) sounded like a fun time. So I talked my parents into letting me use the pickup camper they had at the time and we used my 94 F150 to haul it. We get to the campground and end up finding out that we were across the "road" and 4 sites down from my parents, not exactly what we were hoping for. After the first night my 2 buddies are passed out outside the camper, 1 under my truck and the other in a broken chair. Next night we my turn passed out at the bottom of the steps to the camper. 3rd night it started raining so we kinda behaved ourselves, and it rained all night, we wake up the next morning to literally mud everywhere. There is trucks with campers, cars, motorhomes stuck all over. My dad had a F350 dually 4X4 towing a 34' 5th wheel, he could only move 2-3 ft. Luckily my 94 is fully locked in both diffs and running M/T tires, I get out of the site we were in and end up working for 30-40 minutes and finally pulled dad out leaving my truck and camper covered in mud and tearing the crap out of the gravel/mud road with 8-10" ruts all over it.

The next was the first time that my girlfriend at the time (now wife) decided that we were going to take my "new" 1977 Mapleleaf camping with some friends. About 3 weeks before this I had replaced the thermostat in my truck (94 F150). I hadn't towed anything in that time period, just driving the truck for work, but I thought it may have been running a little warmer than normal. Once I had the camper in tow it was running HOT, I had to drive with the heat on high just to keep the gauge out of the red. So we get to the campground and into our site, and all around us are 750,000-1.5M coaches then our friends truck/camper (which was only 2-3 years old) and our old camper. Since the truck was over heating on the way to the campground there was no way that I was going back home with it that way, so I find a parts store in the area and proceed to change the thermostat again in the camp ground. I wish I knew what the coach owners were thinking watching me wrenching on my truck, my guess "what a redneck".
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I don't understand...what is the deal with the red spots? On the other hand - seeming that I'm the only one clueless would it be better if I didn't ask?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
I don't understand...what is the deal with the red spots? On the other hand - seeming that I'm the only one clueless would it be better if I didn't ask?
It's from post #19. Remember what color strawberry is.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote