Old 06-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Where SHOULD the A/C drain?

We don’t often need the air conditioner and this weekend was the first time I’ve really used mine. Is “anywhere but inside” the rule? At first, it was just coming out the the little railing downspout, but then I closed the awning and it was dripping down the awning side of the trailer, through the LED strip lights, through the LED Amber light and then down the side. Can it damage either of those fixtures? The awning?
Old 06-03-2018, 11:38 PM   #2

If I set up perfectly level, my AC will drain down my awning. So I set up slightly nose high so that it will drain off the rear down spout.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 AM   #3

Make sure the rain gutters or railings are clear. Sometimes tree twigs and whatever land there causing them to overflow and run down the sides of the RV. I also like a slight nose high attitude.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBCamper View Post
We don’t often need the air conditioner and this weekend was the first time I’ve really used mine. Is “anywhere but inside” the rule? At first, it was just coming out the the little railing downspout, but then I closed the awning and it was dripping down the awning side of the trailer, through the LED strip lights, through the LED Amber light and then down the side. Can it damage either of those fixtures? The awning?
That's pretty much it. Where it drains is up to you. It drains onto the roof. Lean your trailer away from your awning. Problem solved. Raise the nose a bit and it will run off the back.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #5

I use the LevelMate Pro to help me set up my trailer. I set zero (level) where the nose is slightly up and the A/C drains off the driver's side of the camper, opposite of the door.
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #6

I saw someone put down a string under a layer of durabond tape to form a channel to catch the drain water and send it into the side drain.
Seems like a lot of work, though.
1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #7
...far N Georgia!

we all have this issue, almost no matter what type or size of rv or coach...ours drips anywhere and everywhere, no only by how we are parked, whether we are 'exactly' level', and even sometimes different places during the same day!

yes, the only real way to change it is to level you coach slightly higher on the side you don't want it to drip down, which I would assume is your awning side.

and, no, it's just water and won't hurt a thing...except your feelings, of course!

The Turners...
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 compact diesel 100k+miles since '14... US, Alaska, Canada...
AND a '14 Gulfstream Amerlite
AND a '07 ForestRIver Rockwood : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Your asking a LOT of questions Here at one time! I will take the Water Issue 1st! When it Rains water is also going to run down the Side,through the LED strip lights,through the amber light,and down the side! So forget about the AC you need to clean your "Roof rail/Gutter" and Properly Repair/Fix the "Butt Joint where the Gutter/Roof Rail meet! Remove anything that the installer has used as a SEAL=Caulking/RTV/Chewing Gum/,now clean inside the rail Butt Joint area with Acetone,now cut a piece of "Externabond Tape" 2"x2" and wrap it around a pencil,with equal ends pointing upward! Now place into Gutter "Over the Butt Joint Area"! Smooth out to fit the inside profile using the pencil,Trim off excess! You are done and no more "Caulk Dam and a 100% seal to prevent water from going all the places you talked about! Youroo!!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #9

I just got a 4”x50’ roll of eternabond tape so, Hi Ho Hi Ho!

Thanks to all. It sounds like my light fixtures are probably OK.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #10

Quote:
I just got a 4”x50’ roll of eternabond tape so, Hi Ho Hi Ho!

Thanks to all. It sounds like my light fixtures are probably OK.
Yes you should have enough E Tape for "Several" attempts! Your lights we made for "Out Door Use"! Youroo!!
Old 06-04-2018, 03:03 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
It should NOT be draining "in" or "through" a light if you meant the water is getting inside either.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPINGADDICT View Post
If I set up perfectly level, my AC will drain down my awning. So I set up slightly nose high so that it will drain off the rear down spout.
x2
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain