Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #1

Where to buy a bathroom door?

I'm needing to replace the door to the bathroom on my 2012 Wildwood DLX TT. The old door is 24 1/2" x 74" but doesn't go all the way to the floor so I guess could be longer than 74".
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
Always Learning

Maybe contact Wildwood's part people. They might be willing to sell you a door or can point you in the direction of their door vendor.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Wayne O,

We would be happy to assist you with this. Please contact Miranda Blackburn in our service department by visiting this personalized link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

Please use this link to outline your question and Miranda will respond within 24 hours.

Thank you,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #4

The gap is for air flow. if you are handy buy a door slab at any home improvement store of your choice cut to size and drill the knob hole to match and prep the hinges to match.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
The gap is for air flow. if you are handy buy a door slab at any home improvement store of your choice cut to size and drill the knob hole to match and prep the hinges to match.
X2. I've rebuilt several RV doors. There is nothing to the oem ones. Some square furring and styrofoam covered with some thin paneling and textured tape. If you buy a real door blank, make sure it's light as the door frames aren't much better
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #6

I just bought an off the shelf door at Lowes for $50 then cut it to length. If you are somewhat skilled, you can clear some of the core out of the bottom, then glue and nail in the missing wooden frame piece. I then finished the door with an aniline dye walnut stain that simply wipes on and off. Finally, a shot of some polyurethane or lacquer in satin will givve it that sealed finish. Overall cost was less than $80 DIY in materials

If you order a door pre-cut to the right length from Lowes, they basically triple the cost of the door because someone has to actually custom cut it. I think they quoted me somewhere around $150 for a door cut to my exact dimensions. Not sure what actual OEM parts would run, but I don't think it would be less than $100 with shipping or a shop installation.
DNA Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, door, roo