Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #41

Well after a six week wait for minor problems and the only way I got a responses was after calling FR. I picked up our unit and only to find out after being told yes by three employees of RVW that there was a water filter on the unit there wasn’t. I asked if they would throw in a filter kit the owner said no but I could buy one for $37. I basically felt like I was told to go screw myself it was not their problem and they could care less. They will never see me on their lot again and if ask I will tell prospective buyers to not go there! If it was not for Forest ‘s customer service I would probably still be waiting. And if RVW reads this, yes I am the one who bought the 305V10.
Firepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #42

camper problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepup View Post
Well after a six week wait for minor problems and the only way I got a responses was after calling FR. I picked up our unit and only to find out after being told yes by three employees of RVW that there was a water filter on the unit there wasn’t. I asked if they would throw in a filter kit the owner said no but I could buy one for $37. I basically felt like I was told to go screw myself it was not their problem and they could care less. They will never see me on their lot again and if ask I will tell prospective buyers to not go there! If it was not for Forest ‘s customer service I would probably still be waiting. And if RVW reads this, yes I am the one who bought the 305V10.
Firepup, Did you go up there and buy a unit only to find it had problems when you got home or was the problems discovered up at RVW? Who was your salesperson? What was the issues with the camper? I looked up RVW on the BBB and they have had 41 negatives in 3 years. The BBB said they handled all of the issues to their approval. At first I thought that 41 negatives was alot but compare that to how many units they have sold in the last 3 years it didn't seem to bad. It didn't elaborate but most of them was sales and service issues. (Which I thought that would be it since its a dealership.) I know one thing you mention their name to another dealer that your trying to work a deal on and that dealer gets very offensive! Did that a little while ago on the 365 SAQ we looked at over in N.C. The dealer called and wanted to know what we were going to do and I told him I had his price beat by nearly $5000 by RVW and he didn't like it at all! He does not negotiate on price and has over $700 in PDI and admin fees and he got mad at me for looking for a better deal. I cant pay him $41,000 for a 365 SAQ and have to take it back to N.C. for service! If any dealers are reading this and want to sale a 365 SAQ SAndpiper and not rape me then PM me YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR! Its not a stupid thing thing to shop around.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #43

It was on their lot and found the problems when we did our PDI. I went from sales to finance to service tech. The sales person bent over backwards to show us several units only to find out that since we had received an email from one of the other sales persons a week earlier that they get the commission, not the one who spent 4 hrs. with us. And we never meet the guy till after we had put down a deposit. Not right in my book. Then we went back a week later since we only live 30 minutes from dealer to do out final inspection and found the minor problems so we left the unit there. Service tech said no problem should only take a week to get parts and fix. Yea right! Just felt like once the owner had our money the owner could care less and just wants you to get the unit off the lot. I do feel sorry for some of the staff as I think they tried to do what was right.
Firepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #44
Site Team

just my two cents.

when i was shopping for a HTT, back in '06, i read every RVW post i could find. i was very close to buying from them and wanted to read every review of them.
the vast majority of RVW posts in the 6 years i've been on various RV forums, were positive.
there have been negative posts/experiences, but not any more than any other well known RV dealer, such as RVDirect.
by the way, there are no RV "wholesalers", that's just a marketing name.
RVW and RVDirect sell cheap because of volume, plain and simple.

i was willing to drive from Calif. to Ohio just to buy from them. but i found a better price a little closer, than RVW. i still ended up driving 4000 miles round-trip from House of Camping in Chicago.

but i knew that buying non-local could be an issue.
but FR found numerous local RV dealers more than willing to do the warranty work. i accepted that i wouldn't be their first in line but i just left it during the winter for the work to be done. one of them didn't even sell any FR products.

bottom line, most RVW posts have been positive. if you want more feedback, i suggest searching on RV.net on RVW. lots more info there than here.
by the way, RVDirect also sells FR products.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #45

purchasing

The salesperson I'm working with had an issue with someone else contacting me also. I figured they worked on commision. Every time I go to their website someone tries to start a chat. The deal we have ( I hope) or should I say the way we have agread to do business is we have told our salesman EXACTLY what options,colors,features,pachages,etc, that we want. He came back with the BOTTOM DOLLAR PTICE. Which was $2,865.38 cheaper than the next guy(my local dealer). I filled out credit ap and am approved for whatever way I want to finance it. I have another non camper deal I'm waiting to hear from and when that deal goes through I call and give him a deposit and he orders the unit. Supposedly 5-6 weeks the unit arrives. He contacts me and we go up to see unit and do a VERY DETAILED PDI on the unit. ONLY and ONLY after we are 100% satisfied with the unit we go to financing department and close the deal. We are planning on staying a few days and camping in our unit.If the unit is not what we ordered or has alot of issues we walk away. No hidden fees. I told him I was paying what he quoted me and not a penny more. He said thats what it would take to take unit home. Now I have heard that sometimes things don't go as planned. I reassured him that this is the way it must go and he agreed 100 %. They are the only dealer wanting to work with us really. I would buy from local dealer if he would budge a little on price but he won't. Dealer I talked to in Danville don't beleive me and one in N.C. wants $41,000 and got mad at me for shopping his price.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #46

RV direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
just my two cents.

when i was shopping for a HTT, back in '06, i read every RVW post i could find. i was very close to buying from them and wanted to read every review of them.
the vast majority of RVW posts in the 6 years i've been on various RV forums, were positive.
there have been negative posts/experiences, but not any more than any other well known RV dealer, such as RVDirect.
by the way, there are no RV "wholesalers", that's just a marketing name.
RVW and RVDirect sell cheap because of volume, plain and simple.

i was willing to drive from Calif. to Ohio just to buy from them. but i found a better price a little closer, than RVW. i still ended up driving 4000 miles round-trip from House of Camping in Chicago.

but i knew that buying non-local could be an issue.
but FR found numerous local RV dealers more than willing to do the warranty work. i accepted that i wouldn't be their first in line but i just left it during the winter for the work to be done. one of them didn't even sell any FR products.

bottom line, most RVW posts have been positive. if you want more feedback, i suggest searching on RV.net on RVW. lots more info there than here.
by the way, RVDirect also sells FR products.
Just looked at RV directs website and couldn't find the Sandpipers. Did I overlook them???
Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #47
Site Team

they may not sell Sandpipers but FR usually makes twin brands, so they might sell the twin brand. not sure if Sandpiper has a FR twin.

if not, there are other dealers similar to RVW and RVDirect that may sell them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #48

Sierra 365 SAQ

Quote:
they may not sell Sandpipers but FR usually makes twin brands, so they might sell the twin brand. not sure if Sandpiper has a FR twin.

I believe there is a Sierra 365 SAQ . But when talking to other dealers they have told me that they are made in the same factory side by side but the Sandpiper has a few extras and has alot better resale value?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #49

Other similiar dealers

Quote:

Other similar dealers? Sounds interesting. WHo would this be? I will definatley look them up. So far I'm on my 7th dealer that I have tried to work a deal with and noone comes close to RVW.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
Site Team

i found Jeff Couch's RV Nation has a couple of the 365 SAQs for under $38k.
i don't believe that there's much difference between the two brands.
sounds like salesmens' BS to me, cause FR tends to make the two brands exactly the same, except for decals and decor.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #51

sierra vs sandpiper

Quote:
i found Jeff Couch's RV Nation has a couple of the 365 SAQs for under $38k.
i don't believe that there's much difference between the two brands.
sounds like salesmens' BS to me, cause FR tends to make the two brands exactly the same, except for decals and decor.
Yes have been looking at the differences of the two. Personally the Sandpiper has the better looks. Thats just my opinion. I like the colors of the sandpiper ALOT beter than the Sierra. The color combos are the deal breaker. The graphics and color have alot to do with it. We were first looking at the Open RANges because of the color of the siding. Then we found out that there were other companies making the same floor plan. Open range don't offer an outside kitchen or half the options the Sandpiper does and cost more. Plus their frames have been cracking due to being "very light built".
Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #52
Site Team

yep, should only be cosmetic differences between the two brands.
the color combos can be odd sometimes.
the DW liked the solid color fabric on the '06 Roo line, but when we were ready to buy an '07, they came out with a floral fabric pattern in both options.
she hated both.
i was lucky to fine a early-season '07 that had the fabric from the '06 line but everything else was '07 stuff.
as far as the twin Flagstaff Shamrock line, she hated the two odd color choices also.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonizik3 View Post
Dealer I talked to in Danville don't beleive me and one in N.C. wants $41,000 and got mad at me for shopping his price.
If the Danville dealer is the same one that advertises on the internet the following "Lowest Prices For All Types of RV's Bottom Line We Will Beat Any Price" then isn't this false advertising?

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #54

dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad View Post
If the Danville dealer is the same one that advertises on the internet the following "Lowest Prices For All Types of RV's Bottom Line We Will Beat Any Price" then isn't this false advertising?
You would think it would be false advertising. To tell you the truth when I mentioned RVW to him and told him his price was alot higher he got a little peed-off so I didn't want to rock the boat and ask about the price gaurantee! He pretty much told me there was no way I was buying that camper for that price. At that price he would buy his units from RVW. His cost was more than that! Call them up and tell him you got a deal from RVW on a new 2012 camper and ask if he will match it and see what they say.I gaurantee you it won't be pretty.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonizik3 View Post
You would think it would be false advertising. To tell you the truth when I mentioned RVW to him and told him his price was alot higher he got a little peed-off so I didn't want to rock the boat and ask about the price gaurantee! He pretty much told me there was no way I was buying that camper for that price. At that price he would buy his units from RVW. His cost was more than that! Call them up and tell him you got a deal from RVW on a new 2012 camper and ask if he will match it and see what they say.I gaurantee you it won't be pretty.
i got the same thing with a couple local Roo dealers. they said that the price i got from House of Camping, couldn't be for real. they said the same B.S. until i showed them a copy of the invoice.
that shut them up quick. then it turned into, "well, if you want that price, then go ahead and drive to Chicago". they didn't think i would.
so, i did and save over $4k on a HTT with a MSRP of only $22k, so it was substantial. and that's including the trip costs to get it.