Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #21

We looked at one for a minute. It was a " durango gold " ? i think..

More so, we just wanted to see what it looked like. Might be good for couples, but didnt think it would work for us..
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:55 PM   #22

While in tampa last week we looked at an open range at lazydays. Two things come to mind, will it be more difficult to cool the lower head room? And I wonder if you would tire of going up steps so frequently. I go to the frig about five times as freq as the head, and only once a day to bed....

On the macro side we are afraid we will miss the in transit access, currently waiting to see the new dyna ram.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #23

We saw the Montana with the big window. I could see hitting a big bird,done that already and took a big chunk of the front decal off,and breaking the window. The chance of the window leaking didn't appeal to me.The 370FL has the entertainment center in front.All of the replies have been helpful too.We will look at it first hand before we decide to go with it or the 336TSIK.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #24

We deliberately set out to find a front LR model because DW wanted one. Her rationale was, for those few times the grandkids visited, the two sofas make into one giant bed. We just placed an order for a 2016 Montana 3710FL. I'm okay with it. My recommendation is to spend several hours in a variety of floorplans before making a decision.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #25

I like the front window of the new Montana, I think on Montana website it said something about the window being a windshield type. Don't get me wrong the next camper I plan on buying is a Cedar Creek 36CKTS but the Montana's do look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #26

I would really love to have an XLR FL, but by putting the murphy bed in the garage it takes up space for the trike and dyna glide. Would be so much better for me to have a nice bed come down from the ceiling.
2008 Vrod Trike, 2010 DynaGlide
2 non-traveling Standard Poodles, Ralph & Smokey
dawn52627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #27

Smile

We have a CC 38 FL with 5 slides. I do not care for the steps and there is a severe loss of space down below. We had a horrible time getting 30+ defects fixed which eventually ended up with a trip back to the factory to correct the major items. They did a nice job and extended our warranty for another year. The front sofas (2) make into air beds for our grand children. We got residential refrigerator with ice maker which works nice. We got a king sized bed put in and added a W/D in a bedroom closet. We pull it with a F-450 diesel with dually and that TV moves it with ease. We love the looks, the comfort, one of the slides has the eating area (with 2 chairs- the other 2 chairs fit under the bed) , when the table is extended, there is no problem getting beyond it to use the bathroom. Space is an issue for storage, but we find that camping in Michigan in the summer and being on FL for the winter means less clothes are needed. So far, we love it and would buy one again. Just next time, we would buy used and let someone else deal with ironing out the mfg. Kinks that FR CC has in their mfg operation. Because of high ceilings, heating costs are a little higher than I like, but no where do we have to stoop to stand. It truly is a beautiful rig!

Bill and Michelle Brickey
Rockford, MI
2014 CC 38FL more than 75 days in 2015
2008 Ford F-450 Crew Cab Lariat diesel dually
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote

« Linens | Awning mod »