Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #1

Who's thinking about going Seasonal?

With the gas prices nearing 4.00( here in MA anyway) and next summer I bet we will see $6-$7 at the pump..is anyone considering going seasonal?
Prodigy Brake Control
Reese 800lb Weight Dist Bars
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #2

What is seasonal?

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #3

Park your RV or TT at the same campsite for the summer...May - October. They you can go when ever you want, and only have to tow the trailer 2 times. To and from...and just bring food and BEER.
Prodigy Brake Control
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA
Old 04-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #4

The wife and I are going into our 3rd year as sesonals at the same campground Its GREAT lots of new family and a nice place to get away
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #5

We have put our camper in storage for the first time this year, so we don't have to tow everytime due to the price of gas. All I have to do is pull it out of storage and put it on a site or call ahead and they will put it on a site for me for a small fee.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #6

We store at beach and they deliver to the site. we have to pay normal site rental charges each day and an annual storage fee. we decided to do this since we didnt have a big tow vehcle and it did save gas.

sometime we may look into leaving at a site, it would like to know more about how that works. I guess they let the trailer actually stay on the site seasonally or year round, i would like to know some places in VA, TN, and SC.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #7

I guess we are seasonal. We have ours parked on some property we own. I haven't moved it since I got it delivered this past fall.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
I have been a seasonal for over 21 years now. Just got my own and this is the first season on my own. I love it......everyone is like a HUGE family and we still get away from home every weekend, which is fine by me!
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #9

I thought about it,but do you really think you are saving money as far as gas goes? I would guess the average seasonal price is around 250-300 a month. at 6 months you'd be looking at $1800. I just dont know if i'm gonna spend that much on gas towing my trailer even if i went on a trip every month for that same 6 month period.
Just a thought.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Nope.............won't even consider it.

If I can't afford to travel like I want to, the truck and camper will go, and I will buy a cabin somewhere.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #11

I looked into it and the place I wanted is 350.00 per month so 350 at one place or 350 in fuel is the way I looked at it.

So I will spend my change on fuel and go local a couple times per month.

If times get toooo bad I will park it at the family place on the TN river.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #12

We can't afford it either - we're lucky in that we there are spots here in LR by the river. However, they fill up quickly. We've found storage space near Lake Ouachita for our boat, so at least we won't have to kepp towing that back and forth to the lake......
CubFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #13

We are fortunate to have two Blue Ridge Parkway campgrounds within 30 minutes of home. Very close but a whole world away. One is halfway up a mountain and the other is in a valley by a nice stream. We can load up and head to one of them on a Thursday night, spend the night and still get to work the next morning, and return for the weekend. No hook ups but we manage.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #14

We just got a seasonal for $1250 per year and can camp 12 months of the year. Yes we have to keep our lot up but for what they want for trucks and now the gas to put in them I think I will enjoy this. Of course water will be off for the winter camping but it could be fun.
timbuckone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #15

Ya,
we considered it but we realy injoy trying differnt places from time to time.
But with the current gas prices we will look for shorter trips this year.

2007 Salem LA 272BHSS
2006 Silverado LT2 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 5.3L/3.23
2003 Yukon XL SLT AWD 5.3L/3.73
Reese Dual Cam WD Hitch
Big Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #16
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
This is our second year as seasonal.
I gotta tell you...we love it. We didn't go seasonal to save money. We did it because it's less work for us...and we wanted to use the trailer more often. Our kids are grown, and most times it was just the two of us wondering the campgrounds. I really do miss going to all sorts of different locations! I told my wife I want another small trailer so we can still take off for some other location once in awhile. I miss the whole 'nomad' experience.

Going seasonal is a real change...as it is much more like having a 'cabin' at the lake rather than RVing. The older I get, the less I like all the chores that come along with RVing..like hitching, leveling, backing, packing, dumping, filling...
you get the picture. When your kids leave the nest...you take on their chores..and get to do all the driving. I needed a break! I'm a firefighter by trade and work goofy schedules as well. We didn't get out camping near enough. That all changed last year, as we slept in the camper a record number of days! The other thing I like about it? It draws my children & grandaughter back to spend time with us!!!! (You young parents will understand someday...trust me!)

In a nutshell, I love the seasonal space. I do find it to be more cabin-like and much less like RVing. I do love both methods...

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #17

We would like to have a seasonal as well, but the money tree is bare. Between College for my daughter and Tech school for our son and the mortgage and everything in between that, it is on hold for right now..... I need to play the Lotto, but first I have to check down in the sofa cushions for a dollar!!!
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #18

I am in the same boat as most of you. Short on $$....like to go different places....college will be here before you know it. But, when I was a kid, we were seasonal for 16 years....in Wareham MA...it was so much fun, but back then, things were alot different. We have picked a seasonal campground we want to go to, but the chances of getting in may be slim. Also, I guess I wont spend 3200.00 this year in gas, but next year...well..its just to early to tell. What kills me is the thought of gas going up .10 - .20 cents in a matter of 2 days...when will there be relief....food is on the rise...gas is sky high....and everyone talks about going green, and hybrid cars....my Suburban takes e85 fuel....but do you think there are filling stations near me....not 1....so what good is it? why bother taking the time to come up with cost saving, energy efficient cars, if you cant use the resource....
Prodigy Brake Control
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA