Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #21

X2 Wana RV - great to work with.
DRiveWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #22

There are only a few FR repair centers in the Tampa Bay area as it is now. I am going to Sarasota for my work as the next closest besides CW is in Brooksville and has few good reviews. Either way it is over an hour drive to get service since I purchased near Orlando and that is even further away. Had I realized all this before, I might have made a different purchase decision, now I'm stuck.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi26 View Post
More on the Federal fines paid by FR for not issuing recalls and warranty problems..........In one of the recalls, Forest River sent a service bulletin in November 2014 to owners of 726 Rockwood and Flagstaff travel trailers regarding a defect in which loose wiring could come in contact with a heating element and start a fire. The NHTSA wasn’t notified of the problem until February 2015 and then told Forest River to issue a recall. The company was required to report the problem within five days of issuing the service bulletin.

In the second recall, the company issued a service bulletin on March 3 regarding 200 Palomino trailers that were built without an exhaust vent near the furnace, which could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning or fire. The NHTSA wasn’t notified until March 17.
If you read the complete report, the reason for the fine was for not notifying the government agency even though they did notify their dealers.
dbryan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #24

But did the dealers notify their customers?

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #25

I had warranty work done at my local repair shop. After they completed the list. THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL NEVER NEVER DO ANY MORE WARRANTY WORK FOR THEM EITHER. WITH THAT IT HAS TO BE FOREST RIVER
efgsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #26

I was told that CW would not do warranty work on brands that particular CW dealer does not carry. Not all CWs carry FR do they?
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #27

My dealers is NOT a CW dealer BUT they have had way to much trouble trying to have my warranty work done. than FR wants them to work for free and or FIGHT to monies owed. I just hope I don't need any additional work done
efgsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #28

efgsr47 is saying the same thing I heard before I ever bought but I bought anyway so I could get what I wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len01 View Post
We took our Forester to our local Camping World today and learned that they are no longer doing warranty work for forest River. Does anyone have any information on this change?
Maybe because of their lousy customer service. Went in one day led lite burnt out after 8 hrs they finally got it in even though it was warranty work they still tried to charge me $ 138.00 labor for hooking two wires together I had already had taken the lite down.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgsr47 View Post
I had warranty work done at my local repair shop. After they completed the list. THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL NEVER NEVER DO ANY MORE WARRANTY WORK FOR THEM EITHER. WITH THAT IT HAS TO BE FOREST RIVER
Found a local dealer they do it service guy told me it is money in the bank.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #31

FR either way needs to straighten up and follow their own company statement and they wouldn't have so many issues with their products. Quality control and run testing of there RV's.
Recalls: They may notify the dealers but they also need to notify the owners because the dealers don't have to service the RV's weather bought from them or not.
RV dealers aren't car dealerships and most don't care because they don't have to care. They need to be made to care by some means. Then things would be different and they would be hiring quality technicians instead of cheep uneducated labor.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #32

Excellent information, I appreciate it..I got my 2015 Forest River, Wildwood, Heritage Glen from CW and have take it back couple of times for warranty repairs, no problem, however, last week I took again for a repair that qualify under the warranty and Friday, as I stop by to check on progress, thee service tech mentioned that even though the repairs were done, they are waiting on the confirmation from Forest River, I hope there is no issues. I believe that even if they divorce, on my purchase contract with CW, it stipulates that they honor every defect on the unit that is under warranty at any CW nationally. This particular CW knows me pretty well (I live only 5 minutes from it) and they know that I'm fully aware of the warranty, specially when you spend that amount of money in a unit. I will stop by this afternoon to check on this rumor.
Again, thank you guys for all your information!!
FreddyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #33

The local dealer (who I like very much) where I take my unit now for repairs, said that they 'would' do FR warranty work, but do not like to, as it is like pulling teeth for FR to pay up. I was told that my unit could be fixed in less than a week for cash or two month wait for FR approval and reimbursement. It costs the dealers in work time and paper work for the techs and front desk people that the cost does end up being twice as much as it should, than if the unit was fixed the first time and not taken back out to the 'lot' and them 'wait' for a yes/no from FR. Forest River also, seems to have a policy of pushing out the timelines in order say that the 'warranty' is up and there by not 'covered', when the 'problems' should be covered.

I speak from first hand experience with Dealers/FR. FR can be trusted as any used car lot salesman.....NOT.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #34

Reading all of this, one can come to several conclusions. FR is dishonest and very hard to work with. CW is dishonest and very hard to work with. How about BOTH? I've been very vocal about the piss-poor quality of RV build quality in general. As I read this forum and several others, this problem is getting worse, not better. CW's reputation is just as bad as the RV manufacturers, if not worse. Perhaps they deserve each other... like a bad marriage where both parties plot the demise of the other... These big companies like FR and CW seem to be gobbling up the industry... FR on the building side... and CW on the dealer side. The upper management of these larger firms are only looking at numbers. They don't give a flip about your vacation time that's wasted or your long-awaited trip that's ruined. Granted... businesses exist to make money... but there has to be some incentive to buy their product. My enthusiasm for this whole thing is waning because I just can't find a brand that will give me the floor plan I like with the quality I demand and all the things I want.

FR did contact me directly when I had a recall. Rather than have them send the part to a dealer I had them send it to me. I repaired it, correctly, and went on about my business. That's a shame. My one experience with a dealer's "techs" was to have a power tongue jack installed as part of the sale. I towed it home, looked at how they had wired it, and rewired it immediately... I have read so much about how poor the quality of workmanship is at dealers, I'll pass on ever taking a trailer back to them, unless it's something that has to go back to the factory. Even at that point... I have no faith whatsoever in the industry or it's dealers. What a shame that it is this way.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #35

Wow ..... lots of new info here, as I have taken my unit to CW for all warranty work..
Except a couple of time FR sent me the parts directly as was something I could do...there has been nothing major so far and my unit is 3.5 yrs old...and it has been a while since have had unit in for work....both companies have always been fine, along with my dealership....course nothing stays the same = I hope it will improve for those who are having trouble, but I feel to a lot is the way the RV owner do business.....I will continue to manage my rving like I have been, but will keep the info of this post in the back of my mind....and if ever have trouble will advise.....to sum it up I can only say I am very satisfied with all companies to date......good luck

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #36

Has anyone gotten any facts on the divorce yet or is it just rumors I would think rumors or a spat because they need each other
Old 08-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #37

I've communicated with a Forest River Factory Rep. He told me that Forest River & Camping World are still working together on warranty issues. His comment to me was: "At this time I have no info that they are not. I would use caution when listening to things on the forum."

I'm still working with my local CW dealer to get my warranty work done. I checked with Forest River directly and they assured me that my parts and work have been approved and parts have been shipped. However, I'm not sure how much longer it will take to get everything completed. That's another story...
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #38

I talked to CW service manager today everything on my sunseeker is moving along no problems that I could sense
Old 08-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #39

Contrary to most posters here, I have had very good warranty service from CW of Winter Garden, Florida and the FR warranty people. Both parties have worked diligently to take care of issues. I do believe that sometimes the customer's attitude has something to do with getting poor customer service.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #40

That may be true but in the CW location I go to you don't talk to a tech you talk to a Service Advisor that gives it to a Service Manager that assigns a tech to work on it hard to pi-- off people you don't come in contact with just another perspective

Tags
camping, forest river