Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #61

Boy shabby, I am sure glad we don't have many inconsiderate campers like you in Manitoba. I sure wouldn't like to have my 'fingures' broken either, whatever fingures are.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #62

I can't speak for the rest of you but my grey water either smells like Old Spice body wash or Crest toothpaste. We rarely cook so there is no dish debris. It smells clean and the neighbors appreciate it especially after I have dumped my black water!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #63
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Boy shabby, I am sure glad we don't have many inconsiderate campers like you in Manitoba. I sure wouldn't like to have my 'fingures' broken either, whatever fingures are.
I believe those are them one deals that sit on old grandmas shelves cause they think they are worth a million dollars ..... fingures right ?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #64

Hay ya'll cute Shabby sum slak. Heez frum upair n Kaynuduh an u no whut goz down heel! IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, READ SLOWER.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby View Post
Sorry to say it but if I ever caught anyone and I meen anyone touching my trailer for any reason I would break their fingures!! So next time you think you are going to be a hero, maybe take a few steps back and reconsider the consiquences!! Please don't take this as directed straight at you but how would you like it if you caught someone touching your trailer and do you really think that soapy water is that bad!!!!
FYI mister shabby !

It smelled like rotten A## and the breeze was coming my way . If You think I was going to sit there and smell it all night YOUR sadly mistaken.

Btw I dont have any "fingures" so I don't know what you breaking ?

I guess if I was dumping rotten A## smelly grey water that smelled like it was in the tank for 3 weeks and it was blowing into someone else's camping spot I guess he could shut mine off to .
But then again I wouldn't have let it run out anyway !
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #66

I wonder if shabby was the guy at the London, Ontario NHL game with bananas for a snack?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #67

Alberta Campers

Crocus, we are sorry that you had such a bad experience in Alberta. Please be assured that all Alberta campers are not the same. We have traveled all over Alberta, BC and into the US and found bad campers but they are far from the norm. Most of the campers we have met in our 30 years of camping have been really wonder people who were kind, caring and more than willing to help, share or just visit. I hope too many people weren't influenced by your bad experience and we also hope, in time, you will give us another chance.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #68

follow-the-road, you are 100% correct that the vast majority of campers are awesome people. We have camped throughout western Canada and wetsern US, and have only run into a handful of ringers. That is what was so shocking in the Alberta Cypress Hills, as they were ALL rude! We simply had to leave because we felt so uncomfortable. I have never had that experience before, and intend to never have it happen again. I don't need to camp in Alberta, so why would I?
Banff isn't bad, but most of the campers are NOT from Alberta, and the aholes are quickly dealt with.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #69
mbo

The main thing I thought about while reading 7 pages on this subject, is how we have been educated and things we have learned in the past 50 or 60 years. Growing up on a working farm during the 1950's we were not aware of all these potential problems we were living with. We did not have a pressure water system or sanitary sewer till 1958. One bath a week, necesary or not. Probably didn't notice body odors because we all smelled the same. The outhouse was moved every couple of years on to a new pit lined with 1x12 rough cut boards. Our fresh-water well was next to the cattle yards. That way the windmill could pump directly into the cattle tank, where we would swim on hot summer days, until Dad or Mom caught us. The hogs ate our garbage with the skim milk we had seperated from the cream. The tin cans and garbage, that the hogs wouldn't eat, was buried in a big hand-dug hole. In 1973 we were certified for Grade A milk production. (Had to move livestock yard farther away from the well) My family including my children drank raw milk from our own dairy cows. Well water was tested and was fine. My siblings and me did not have all the colds and ear infections that my Grandkids suffer through now. It is amazing how we have all survived. And no I do not dump my grey or black tanks at our campsite.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #70

You are no different than people who tent and wash their stuff out and pour it on the ground. The water really has no ill affects on nature. Do you wash your car or truck outside? How about that soap, road oil, grease, wheel cleaner. That stuff has much worse chemical affects than the soap you use to wash your dishes, clothes, hair etc.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:04 AM   #71

That being said, it does smaell sometimes and you really need to think about the people around you.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #72
(Kim)

I am wondrous at how, in this day and age of environmental awareness, it is the content of MY replies that are being criticized.

Why can't we start an open, educated, rational discussion on this topic and try to learn something from it?

We are all CAMPERS ; who better than us is there, to discuss 'being green'?
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #73

"I am wondrous at how, in this day and age of environmental awareness, it is the content of MY replies that are being criticized"
=====================================
Labzy, there are lots and lots of people who simply think they can do whatever they please, and if anyone dares to challenge their stupidity, you get abused.
I always consider the source. The dumber people appear, the dumber they probably are. Best just to cross the street and avoid the smell.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #74

Did you start this? Well darn! To keep from dumping my grey water on the ground, I'll just take the tank out and let it all drain right out of the pipe.
Just joking, I think. I'm sure there are some that will dump their grey water on the ground when they feel it's absolutely necessary. But for more than the majority of us, we have the Blue Boys or the like to take care of our responsibilities.

You also have to keep in mind that even though we know it is against the law in most places, so is not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, or exceeding the speed limit. These cause accidents and increase those naughty greenhouse gasses!
LET'S GO CAMPING! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Kim, Crocus has it right - Consider the source behind those criticisms.

Honestly, its beyond me why people want to dump and its surprising the level of justification they will give to prove that they are right - in their own minds.

In camping, as with the environment as whole, there are people who take a little time and effort to clean up after themselves and those who do not.

All you can do is to do what you did, which is to ask others to monitor their own adherence to legal, ethical, or safety principles. Fortunately, our society is still mostly self-policing and its up to them to want to change.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #76

Yikes, we don't do that, EVER! Must be mistaking us for someone else. Never in 30 or so years of camping have we ever emptied grey or black water on to ground or in bush, even when tenting.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #77

Don't know where my reply went to but I am repeating, we have never in 30+ years of camping, ever emptied grey or black water onto the ground or into the bush, and I mean NOT EVER. Must have mistaken us for someone else.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #78
MrT

I've been searching for the pertinent laws in Michigan. So far, I have nothing more than an encouragement from the DNR.

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #79
Site Team - Lou

While a disgusting practice, here is the EPA's definition of Gray Water and applicable federal regulations. While the article specifically addresses ship discharges, the definition and logic is presented.

Regulation of ship pollution in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #80

None of these posts have changed how I feel about grey dumping. I never dump a complete grey tank anywhere except a dump site. If I need to dump 5 gallons in a bucket and dump that bucket off in the woods somewhere to get me through to the next day when I leave I will continue to do so without a 2nd thought.
Closed Thread