Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #141

Would you dump your gray water tank on your from lawn? Every time you go camping go home and dump your gray tank in your yard. I bet before long you will not be able to stand the smell.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Would you dump your gray water tank on your from lawn? Every time you go camping go home and dump your gray tank in your yard. I bet before long you will not be able to stand the smell.
I have several times if the line to the dump station is long when we leave the CG. I really have never noticed a smell. What little food is left is gone the next day. I guess little critters eat it up.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #143

We made it to 15!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman06 View Post
I have several times if the line to the dump station is long when we leave the CG. I really have never noticed a smell. What little food is left is gone the next day. I guess little critters eat it up.

Yup, Ants,Birds, stray cats, etc all eat that crap before the day is even over.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #145

I suddenly have the urge to watch The Beverly Hillbillies.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #146

Wow way to go Timex you called it but upset now i have to back and read how we made it here
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
We made it to 15!!!!!!
Only 10 pages if you are on the IPAD app.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #148
Jack of All Trades

All the hype from the government and the soap manufacturers has made us a nation of germophobes!

Are parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. all seamed to manage to survive without all the antibacterial soaps ans hand sanitizers.

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #149
RV Newbie

Rick, you talking about those good old days? Those days when most people died before the hit 60? Those days where they did not understand where most diseases came from? Back when they cut limbs off because of what would be minor infections today? Yeap, those good old days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser
All the hype from the government and the soap manufacturers has made us a nation of germophobes!

Are parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. all seamed to manage to survive without all the antibacterial soaps ans hand sanitizers.

Rick
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #150

All of this germ talk has turned this tread from the practice of literally dumping on your neighbor to what the effects are of that is. As a global expantion happened is where all the awareness came of germs and infections. This opened the market to be ripe with the fear of diseases. People in the "good old days" didnt get as sick as we do now because the lack of mobility and when people did travel there was the acute bout of sickness because of the local bacteria in the area. if there is dout in that, any one who brews their own beer or wine will tell you that local water and bacteria effects everything. IMHO that is why i dont want to step in my own waste water gray or black or any combanation there of and should not have to be subject to the practice. I travel a sales route of about 400 miles and contact many people who contact many people that is the spreader of the flu and common cold that get passed on. i apoligized for the tone in this but the talk that it is just soapy water does effect the quaitiy of more than just a small TT sight. Sorry for the soap box pulpit talk.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #151

Guys who would dump grey water on the ground are most likely the same guys who would get up in the middle of the night and leave the trailer to take a leak in the tree line so they won't fill their Black water tank.
Putting out the camp fire with grey water... hmmmmmm now thats a grand idea. Not!

and how do I get me some of them their "fingures" things. There are days I could use a couple extra to do the nasty deeds in the AM like scratch my A@@ and pick my nose.

I hope they are not a central Canada only item.
Why isn't there a SPELL check feature on "teh" forum site
Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #152
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Why isn't there a SPELL check feature on "teh" forum site
Off topic I know but you did ask and this subject already has been beat to
death!

My web browser of choice is Mozilla Firefox which has a spell check feature.
Any time I'm typing text it spell checks as I type turning any iffy words red.
Right click on the red word get a list of suggested corrections.

Now back to your regular program!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #153

KYDAN - it was meant to be joke noting "teh" in my closing.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #154

Quote:
Guys who would dump grey water on the ground are most likely the same guys who would get up in the middle of the night and leave the trailer to take a leak in the tree line so they won't fill their Black water tank.
Yep, and I also:

Tow over my TV's max limit
Leave cigarette butts all over my camp site.
Throw my empty beer bottles in the bushes.
Stay past my checkout time.
Speed
Text while driving
Cheat on my taxes
Pour my used engine oil down the street drains
Smoke in non-designated areas

Is that wrong???

Great assumption there buddy
Old 09-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #155

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
Yep, and I also:

Tow over my TV's max limit
Leave cigarette butts all over my camp site.
Throw my empty beer bottles in the bushes.
Stay past my checkout time.
Speed
Text while driving
Cheat on my taxes
Pour my used engine oil down the street drains
Smoke in non-designated areas

Is that wrong???

Great assumption there buddy
Ah but you also drive a FORD (as do I). and I speed as well but with lights and siren on....
Point is I wouldn't dump it on my own yard so why would I think its acceptable to do it where my own family would be staying for even another day or worse evacuating 10 minutes after dumping it on the ground. One of the last things I want is my kids being in contct with someone elses grey water. The other is walking through Black water. Might be great for some to think they can pull the pin and no one cares but I sort of like the fact that I really don't want the last guy to dump his mess on the site so that my family is setting up on. Step in a pile of s@#$ and drag it into your TT or truck and see how the smell is an enjoyment.
Or how about getting a 400+ lb bear knocking on your trailer door at 3am isn't much fun when they are looking for bits of Grey water food scraps left last week by Rebel C and Smoothie S.
I get that not everyone is concerned about their fellow campers and that ome people were born withthe mark on the forehead granting them the supreme right to do whatever they feel.

Its why we serve our country in the jobs we do - so that everyone has the right to speak their mind on issues - be they right or wrong everyone still has the right. Not through legislation but through bloodshed and wars was that right to be negative or positive was born.

Sarcasm?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #156
Site Team

Quote:
And getting a 400 lb bear knocking on your trailer door at 3am isn't much fun when they are looking for bits of Grey water food scraps left last week by -others-
X2. If you dump anything on the ground in bear country you are asking
for trouble. Maybe not you but what about the next family to stay there
Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #157

My point exactly. Why do Manufactures not have an option for a lock hub. I've always thought about someone walking by in a Walmart lot or at a truck stop and opening the lines - what sort of mess you would have legally.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #158

Quote:
Ah but you also drive a FORD (as do I). and I speed as well but with lights and siren on....
Point is I wouldn't dump it on my own yard so why would I think its acceptable to do it where my own family would be staying for even another day or worse evacuating 10 minutes after dumping it on the ground. One of the last things I want is my kids being in contct with someone elses grey water. The other is walking through Black water. Might be great for some to think they can pull the pin and no one cares but I sort of like the fact that I really don't want the last guy to dump his mess on the site so that my family is setting up on. Step in a pile of s@#$ and drag it into your TT or truck and see how the smell is an enjoyment.
Or how about getting a 400+ lb bear knocking on your trailer door at 3am isn't much fun when they are looking for bits of Grey water food scraps left last week by Rebel C and Smoothie S.
I get that not everyone is concerned about their fellow campers and that ome people were born withthe mark on the forehead granting them the supreme right to do whatever they feel.

Its why we serve our country in the jobs we do - so that everyone has the right to speak their mind on issues - be they right or wrong everyone still has the right. Not through legislation but through bloodshed and wars was that right to be negative or positive was born.

Sarcasm?
Point is you're making assumptions. I don't do any of those things I listed, except speed sometimes, but your earlier statement does nothing but attempt to make it look like the people who do that must do everything else wrong too. So if someone speeds, does that mean they must tow over their limit too? Or if they text while driving then they must cheat on their taxes too?

If you read my original statement I never condoned dumping grey, black or any other color water on the camp sites.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #159

Quote:
Are you saying that peeing outside while camping is taboo as well? I agree- since getting my trailer I usually won't go outside in the middle of the night. But I have to say I don't know of any male tenter who doesn't take a leak outside.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman06

Only 10 pages if you are on the IPAD app.
Come on people we have some typing to do!!
Closed Thread