Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #1

Wife wont listen to me about tires

So since the day we purchased our dually TV, I've known that the tires were going to need replaced, but at $1500 for 6 I have been waiting to buy them on sale. (I replaced 2 already and still need 4)
Yesterday my DW calls me while getting 2 of her mom's tires replaced and says "Hey they have a special on tires 'Buy 2 and get a $60 Visa card'". I told her that I was not ready to buy any tires. She then asked what tire size I needed, this got me a bit annoyed as I had already told her I wasn't ready to buy them and even a buy 3 get 1 free wasn't going to get me in the mood, but in order to prevent a future "discussion" I told her what size they were.
She texts me back to say they have a set of 4 used Bridgestone tires for $160. She now had my attention. I double checked that they had 4 for $160 and not $160/ea. Plus told her to send me pictures of them. I am just not a fan of used tires and am afraid of getting a bad deal on something that will be used to tow or 5er.
Yup, $160 for all 4. 2 of the tires were like brand new and the 2 had some slight wear on them. The guy had got rid of them because he wanted a more aggressive tread pattern.
So I changed my attitude and told her to tell the guy that I'd be there to get them when I get off work this morning. She said she beat me to it and already told him. So for less than the cost of 1, I am now getting the 4 I need.
That woman impresses me sometimes.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Censored Member

Two things I'd check on those tires are the date of manufacturer and the weight rating of the tires.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #3

$190 all said and done. They even found 2 better looking tires than the 2 used ones. Wife saved me 80%. Guess I can treat her to a camping vacation this next weekend.

Tags
tire, tires