Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2023, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
What's to install?
Assemble the dish to the mount, connect it to the router and use the app to get you going. This assumes you are setting the dish on the ground and not wanting it mounted to your home roof or other structure.

Since you are on a R/V forum, mounting to a flagpole or ladder is pretty simple if you go that route.

Here's a video that might help...
5 picker is correct, if you are setting it on the ground, the included stand will work. However, if the antenna needs to be higher to avoid obstructions (like your camper), you will need a different mount.

The Starlink app for your phone allows you to survey for obstructions.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:51 AM   #22

Hotspot info

Sir,
If you are still looking at hotspot info, one product I found through this website was a hotspot by travlFi. Look at there website, they have allot of different option. I believe they have pay only when you use. I have this product and very satisfied with it. Good luck Rick
Trainaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:36 PM   #23

WE live too far from the county road to get hardwired internet, so my wife & I each have a hotspot on our cell phones for both home & RVing. For unlimited talk, text & phone data plus 50Gb of hotspot data per line, we used to pay AT&T about $150/monthly for 2 lines. We switched to T-Mobile's Magenta Plan with 40Gb of hotspot data for $90/month. We don't stream movies but have never exceeded the hotspot data cap. Signal has been improving most places we travel. Not perfect, but works for us where service is available.
Summer Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:05 PM   #24

We don’t use hot spots or Wi-Fi. Assigned a phone number to our I pad. Verizon 25$ per month. Toggle cable to the tv for streaming. Six years we have used this method. Anywhere you get a Verizon signal it’s unlimited streaming. All cellular all the time.
We do have Starlink at home. Husband installed in one day. This is the fastest most reliable service experienced in rural area. High speeds with many devices at the same time. More satellites are being launched on a regular basis.

Safe travels.
okie dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 01:02 PM   #25

Do you have Spectrum in your area? If so, I get 30 gigs 5g data slowed down after I use 30 gigs unlimited calls and text for 39.99 a month taxes included if they are in your area check them out, they use Verizon towers. My wife and I have the same plans, so we get 60 gigs of data for 80 dollars a month. And if you add a second line they have a special that you get free service for 12 months second line only gets 20 gigs then slowed down.
doanshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 12:55 PM   #26

Are you settled at one location or moving a lot. We just got Xfinity internet. No cable TV just the internet $35 a month plus $100 installation. He got all 3 tv's up and running before he left. I have fire sticks plus use Hulu live.
dinah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi