Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 12:27 AM   #1

WiFi ranger 3 empty box from brand new...

Not sure if anyone had happened to read my post from when I first started in here but....ok so here’s o Enid the complaints/questions of my flagstaff 26fksb. Don’t get me wrong this is my/our second one from them and the first one was magnificent to say the least. This one however has been polar opposite on its hidden insides. Outside and normal areas are amazing to say the least. For last 16 years it’s been pipeline life until last two. My father and I worked together so we always had trailer together. Well up until 2018 we always bought used cheaper trailers. Then in 19 him and I had both good paying jobs so we decided to buy new and the one we had before it was a flagstaff that we both loved very much. It was the best of the 7 we had over the life of out careers. We bought it brand new this one I have now. Had it just few months then he passed away. Anyways I have now. I had to make few repairs minor stuff. I have found multiple things that are embarrassing to say the least. We paid the higher money to get the better quality trailer. Anyways I won’t go to far into detail but this one has me stumped. We never could get the WiFi ranger 3 to work and always said bah we will mess with it later and never did so a few weeks ago I moved the trailer and stayed in it a few days. And thought I would use it. And still nothing. So I thought id check it out up top. Get up there and it’s just a clear and gray box with a hole in top of it. So hmm I look round and there 2 wires in there and that’s it....so I look it up on website. Yea I’m pretty sure it got sent to us without the unit installed. Which is no surprise giving the other things we have found along the way...for example my front ac unit...it’s completely covered in spray foam. The fins the wires all that is like spattered in throughout everywhere. Not to mention the screws wheee they mounted it in were tightened so tight it cracked on all four of them. I’ve tried to clean up best I can but that crap is hard to get off the aluminum fins. 🤷*♂️ The back unit looks great. Front must have been close to end of day and there was beer waiting ?? Do these trailers go through Quality Check before leaving the manufacture? I would assume cause the price sticker is not the same as what you would pay for one to expect things like that to be on. I guess it’s just hard for me because I wasn’t raised that way. I couldn’t do that and expect someone else to just gave yo deal with it. Now I know we should have checked it better when we picked it up but it was literally brand new they had it supposedly completed for less than a week when we got it. We picked up the day they delivered it to our dealership. SMH. Just wondering what to do about the missing Ranger3 cause can’t seem to register on their site apparently they sold out or something I read....anyone know is it possinle to upgrade to the 4 with the POE or is it even worth it? What’s the best one to get to have for me if I’m around WiFi all time? Thank you for reading and sorry for whining.
Blswinford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Not to be too critical, but if you'll break that wall of text up into paragraphs a lot more people will read and respond to it.

A lot of people (myself included) open a thread and when they see that much unbroken text, just gloss over it and close it.

Anyway, Welcome to FRF. People here are very good at answering specific questions.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #3

Oh it’s cool I was just extremely frustrated. Lots money in a trailer that I hate very much now.

Wish they could trace who put together so I could personally thank them.

Maybe show them how clean up after themselves.

I’m gonna stop rite there. Thanks have great day
Old 06-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #4

On Flagstaff A-frames, the WiFi Ranger is a dealer installed item. The trailer comes from the factory with the WiFi Ranger and parts in a box. My dealer asked me if I wanted it installed. I said no, and the box sits down in my basement. Wiring from the roof pad to a switch is in place, but of course the switch does nothing.

Our dealer went to a lot of trouble to fix, repair, and clean a not very good unit from the factory. It's been relatively trouble-free thanks to his work. A good dealer makes all the difference.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Not to be too critical, but if you'll break that wall of text up into paragraphs a lot more people will read and respond to it.

A lot of people (myself included) open a thread and when they see that much unbroken text, just gloss over it and close it.

Anyway, Welcome to FRF. People here are very good at answering specific questions.
Yeah, paragraph breaks are our friends. I wanted to read the original post but bailed out before he got to the point.

OP, don’t take this personally as too many are now forgetting about paragraph breaks .
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #6

Well if the dealer didn’t put in cause he didn’t wanna wonder why they put that gigantic sticker on side saying it had it? I dunno it just disgusts me to make the payment on it every month with all the **** wrong with it.
Be different if it were some junk trailer or one I knew was gonna. I need to get this stuff fixed I guess and change the way I feel about it. Cause I’ll never buy another trailer again. This was bad decision I will not make another. I wish I would have kept our Montana. Anyways. I think I’m gonna order the best one that will fit in that box so I do t have to have it done by someone else.
Thank you for the info about dealer installed though.

Tags
wifi