Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #1

Question Wildwood 27BHSS ??

Hello all,

We have be looking into buying a new 2007 Wildwood LE 27BHSS. Is there anything I should know before i buy? Your comments would be a great help.

Thanks,

Rick
Big Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forest River forums Big Show. I do not personally have any specifics I can give you on the Wildwood, but perhaps some other members will be able to help you.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Looking at the floorplan, is that two sliding doors into the bedrrom? Neat.

Mine isn't a Wildwood either, but the Salem floorplans & construction are similar. I've made other posts elsewhere about closely inspecting the trailer you're interested in, so won't bore you with that again, but one option that you might want to ask to have thrown in is a centre support for your awning. At 16', it's not absolutely necessary, but it is a very good idea to keep your awning drum from sagging or distorting over time. They're quite expensive but I've found most dealers are willing to throw that sort of thing, vent covers, etc in to sweeten the deal.

As I also mentioned somewhere else, the LE models have some features that are a bit down-graded. The bed mattress is one. Try it and try one from a non-LE. If its not comfortable, you may be able to get it swapped. Can't hurt to try.

One other hint. My in-law's Salem LE didn't come with a water-heater by-pass installed (another cost-cutter). They are necessary and worth asking to have installed.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #4

I don't have much in response to your question, but I would like to extend a WTTFRF (Welcome to the forest river forums)!

Tags
27bhss