Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #1

Wildwood AC

Just bought a 2013 T231RKXL Wildwood trailer and got to reading all the manuals supplied with it. Went through them all and found that the installation and operators manuals for the AC is missing. I assume I should have gotten them. Particularly since the AC manufacturer wants me to send in an owners registration card and I don't even know the model number of the unit.

Should I expect to receive those manuals?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the FR Forums! And congrats on your new Wildwood trailer too!

Check with your dealer about the missing manuals. I don't remember which ones I received and my TT is stored off site. Good thing my dealer automatically sent in my registration cards because I forgot all about them until much later.

I noticed you are in SoCal too. Which campgrounds do you like? Have you taken your first trip yet?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also did not receive manual for my a/c but dealer sent in registration for me as well as I received info from dometic about additional warranty.
Additionally all manuals can be downloaded from dometic's web site.
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #4

Thanks.
Yes we did take our first trip. It was to Santee Lakes to conduct a checkout of the system. Very nice place but so close to home it doesn't feel like camping.
Our favorite campsites around San Diego are, Laguna and Burnt Rancheria (Cleveland National Forest and less than 60 miles from home.), and San Elijo State Beach.
Cheers,
CHarlie
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliamp View Post
Thanks.
Yes we did take our first trip. It was to Santee Lakes to conduct a checkout of the system. Very nice place but so close to home it doesn't feel like camping.
Our favorite campsites around San Diego are, Laguna and Burnt Rancheria (Cleveland National Forest and less than 60 miles from home.), and San Elijo State Beach.
Cheers,
CHarlie
Have you stay at Crystal Cove Moro in Laguna/Newport yet? I was a bit surprised how much I liked it. San Elijo is on my to-do list so I might see if I can add it to the front end of the South Carlsbad trip. I'm just starting to wander to different places but most of my camping has been at San Clemente (love full hook ups).

Santee Lakes sounds familiar - is it in the San Diego area? I will check out Burnt Rancheria because I like the forest too. Just not crazy about mountain driving - almost but not quite yet.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #6

Have not done much camping outside San Diego County. South Carlsbad is less popular than San Elijo. Carlsbad is located on bluffs that are taller than San Elijo, i.e. the stairways from the campground to the water are longer. Also, San Elijo is a favorite surf spot.

Yes, Santee Lakes is near San Diego City. Burnt Rancheria is good in the Winter. It is lower and populated with Manzanita and Oak trees. Laguna is higher and include Yellow Pine trees.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Co-worker likes Carlsbad more because of larger sites but I like being able to walk to the water without stairs. Now that I don't suck at backing up I am ready for San Elijo.

You mention that Burnt Rancheria is good in the winter - what about snow?

Carlsbad put in full hook ups in selected sites so I wanted to check it out. Not crazy about the design but I can live with it once.

If you don't mind me asking where do you go in Laguna?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #8

Yes. Carlsbad sites and access roads are roomier. San Elijo has shorter stairs on the North end and no stairs are the very South end.
Burnt Rancheria and Laguna campgrounds are about 5 miles apart on the same highway. Neither has hookups. Burnt Rancheria is a bit lower altitude and has more sites that get all day sun. Both places can get snow when a big cold storm hits San Diego.
We don't like heat so we prefer Fall, Winter, and Spring camping there.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Site Team

Thanks for the information and I will check out Burnt Rancheria. I don't like the heat either so I head to the coast where it's usually cooler.

The last few quakes were closer to my area so the news stations are referring to our heat wave as "Shake & Bake". I'm more inland so it been pretty hot with 100+ temps.

Take care.