Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
KAB

Will Never by a FR Again

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FOREST RIVER PRODUCT AGAIN!!!
In April of 2016 my wife and I went shopping for an RV. We had owned a Wildwood by Forest River and never had any issues, so of course we went looking for another Forest River product. We ended up purchasing a 2016, 287QBS Vibe by Forest River.
That is when our troubles began, on our first trip I was hooking up our sewer line and noticed that the under belly had been cut into in multiple places and Carelessly ducked taped shut. We had paid extra for the cold weather underbelly and it had been butchered, also when we went to fill our fresh water tank ,water began spilling out everywhere under the RV.. We went to the dealership and set down with the manager to voice our complaint. My wife was on the verge of tears (Having just spent over $25,000.00) and was voicing her fears that this unit was defective. That’s when the manager said he wasn’t going to tolerate her emotions and that he could have us thrown out if we persisted. I decided that I needed to approach the issue alone and in the end Forest River agreed to replace the underbelly.
On our second trip the front structure of our RV began showing signs of possible collapsing! I kid you not. I sent pics to the service department and their response was, “well, that’s not supposed to happen”. After seeing it in person it was decided it would be ok to let us use the RV for our last trip and then repair it in the Fall. Well our issues did not end there. On our last trip we were using our stove top. All of a sudden the fan components came crashing down… completely melted. We looked up the specs for required clearances for the hood fan only to discover that it had been installed to close to the burner. The list of issues had mounted up to be so many that the dealership had to send our RV back to the factory. Our unit was in possession of the dealership and factory longer then we owned it. When we finally got our trailer back we were going through the list of repairs that had been done. When it came to the stove repair we noticed that the factory hadn’t raised the hood system up but lowered the stove down below the counter top. Try fitting more than one normal sized pan in that. Though the dealership was apologetic for the many issues we had encountered. It was clear no offers to replace our unit would be forthcoming.
Although all of these issues have occurred within our warranty period, as of April 15th our Factory warranty ends and any further issues would be on us. Even if all the issues have been fixed we could no longer trust the quality of Forest River, so we traded it in and in doing so lost $10,000.00 dollars. Be Forewarned there are no lemon laws for trailers or RVs. Unfortunately you buy it you own it… P.S. the Forest River Factory that built that pile was in Henderson Oregon.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #2

The Vibe is an "extreme light" trailer. Nothing about that is made for cold weather. A sealed underbelly is all you get at best. Not seeing how lowering your stove shrank the inside of it. Do you have any pics to share to show what happened?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #3

Where? Do you mean Hermiston? There is no Henderson in Oregon.
BTW, sorry about your troubles. But so far in 12 years I have not one bit of troubles outside of normal wear and tear. But I did not buy an ultralite trailer.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #4

Looks like your first post will also be your last. Best of luck with another manufacturer
Old 03-28-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm interested in why you even bothered to post here, if you've already moved on to another non-FR brand.

Personally, I'm on my 2nd FR product with the first one still going strong after over 10 years.

You do know that this forum has no affiliation with Forest River Inc.
It's simply a forum for owners of FR products, with the intent to help and share with each other.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I'm interested in why you even bothered to post here, if you've already moved on to another non-FR brand.

Personally, I'm on my 2nd FR product with the first one still going strong after over 10 years.
Glad I'm not the only one. Owned the unit for almost a year and never joined here. Got rid of it and felt the need to come here and let loose.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #7

I read this post and moved on. Now I see it again and have to go back to what made me think Huh!

From the OP's 1st post:
"On our second trip the front structure of our RV began showing signs of possible collapsing! I kid you not. I sent pics to the service department and their response was, “well, that’s not supposed to happen”. After seeing it in person it was decided it would be ok to let us use the RV for our last trip and then repair it in the Fall."

On the face of it, that would have stopped me in my tracks. Who decided this was ok? Would you think the dealer would go that? This is one of those I need it in writing things?

Wow! Not certain about how to take this statement...
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Not quite sure of this threads intent either. The OP has stated they have purchased another brand and moved on, so really this thread is against the site guidelines per se since there is nothing the members can do here to help now.

As per the guidelines:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Also as per this post on why threads are shut down, this member may very well have had these problems, but it is kinda suspect their reasonings that they didn't join our group and post till after they sold the trailer. Hopefully the OP is legit, but we honestly don't know at this point.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

Even though they own another brand now, they are more than welcome to stay and use the forums, since all RV's share similar components. Once they have been participating for awhile, we can see they are legit and all doubts will be placated.

As such at this time, we are going to close this thread.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread