Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #21

Our Wolf pup 17jg would be easy to back however like any single axle trailer, you really have to be on top of your backing. It will turn on a dime believe me. Your driveway doesn’t look bad except where it curves with the wall on the left and the overhang of the house on the right. With that overhang it will not be 13.5 Ft. more like 11.5 Ft wide there. The Wolf pup is less than 8 ft wide but that curve will still give you some trouble.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:29 PM   #22

If possible, I would give up and just park it in the space shown in slide 5. That is right after the trailer passes your garage doors.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:01 AM   #23

Thanks Everyone!

All really good feedback - yeah, I forgot to mention about that roof overhang, so you are all very observant! No, I haven't bought the trailer yet - we're factoring everything possible to figure out which one to get. I think I will now look at pop up trailers...thanks all! We'll get our friend with a trailer to take a look and I'll let you know what we end up doing!
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:45 AM   #24
Canadian Member

A popup or teardrop trailer would be easiest to get in there. You might be able to fit one of the smaller Rockwood Geo Pro models, too.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #25

You might want to measure from the overhang to the pavement carefully before you give up.My 2020 16fq Patriot is 7ft 6" wide and 9ft 8" high in the middle because of the air conditioner that is located in the center of the roof.So you could subtract 8" or so to the top of the roof at each side.This single axel trailer is way easier to back up into a tight spot over my old trailer which was a 2012 KZ 17th tandem. 8 ft. wide and about the same height and length.Another suggestion would be to mark out each corner of a trailer you like with childrens play chalk in several places along your driveway. That would let you visulize the position of the trailer in you driveway while backing it into position. If you do that the answer will become apparent.If you and your wife or a good friend helps you with the measuring and marking you can make a good well thought out decision you both like. Have fun---Rob.
rjb16fq77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:24 PM   #26

Any room on the opposite side of the property.

Just am fyi..my 5th wheel and truck together is over 45 feet long. When backing you always need enough room to pull forward enough to reposition. It's not just a matter of pulling up a couple of feet. What about a class "A" they are much easier to pivot.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:55 AM   #27

I have to agree with most that have mentioned about the roof overhang is going to give you big problems. You could possibly help the situation by having a contractor look at your overhang and see if you could reduce the stick-out at the corner by cutting an angle on the eave at that point.

Also it was mentioned about adding a hitch to the front of your vehicle. An acquaintance of mine added one to his trucks as he had to snake it to get it parked in his driveway. He said it made a world of difference in getting it into the parking spot without hitting anything and no stress.

If you end up going with your present circumstances then I would at a minimum add a front hitch.

Good luck and be safe.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:20 AM   #28

Thanks again for everyone’s help. I think we may have solved the issue - we are now looking at TrailManor pop up campers (https://trailmanor.com/2518series/), and it seems like those will fit. We lose a little bit of conveniences that normal TT have, but these TTs will clear the overhang, and I think we’ll be able to maneuver it in with a tow dolly, worst case. It’s not a Forest River product, and I was contemplating the Rockwood HW296, but finally decided that it was way too much work to put up those tent campers! But I’ve definitely learned a lot from this community, so thank you.
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
Thanks again for everyone’s help. I think we may have solved the issue - we are now looking at TrailManor pop up campers (https://trailmanor.com/2518series/), and it seems like those will fit.
Nice looking rig. With the single axle, it should be a lot easier to make those turns. I've never seen those rigs, but the fact that they are 'hard sided' is a plus. The low profile should make for easier towing.
Please come back and let us know what you pick and how you like it when you finally do go camping.