Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #1

Windjammer 3006WK Galley Tank

had some drainage issues with the kitchen sink that also appeared in the bathroom sink, all 3 stopped draining. after 10 minutes, an air pocket gave way and they drained. the indicator light for the grey tank was on 3/4 full. I thought the kitchen drained to the galley tank and the bathroom sink and shower were on their own tank. Rockwood needs to put out a better owners manual! anyone have any insight into this configuration?
BixbyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #2

Bixby, I just purchased the exact same model trailer you have. This past weekend we took it out on a test run. At first I was confused because I was told the grey water holding was 90 gallons. I didn't realize there were two grey tanks. As I flushed out the winterizer antifreeze I ran many, many gallons of water through the kitchen sink, then many, many gallons through the tub/shower and bathroom sink. When I drained the tanks the "galley" labeled tank drained nothing at all. However, a bunch of water drained out of the grey water tank when I opened that valve.
I can't get answers anywhere.

Chef
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #3

Hello. I have the Flagstaff V-Lite 30wtbsk which is the exact same trailer as yours just by Flagstaff. I spoke with the factory about this issued a few weeks ago when we picked our trailer up. Mainly because we received 2 different answers from the dealer as to what drained where. The factory stated that the galley tank only holds water from the outside kitchen. The inside kitchen sink, shower, and bath sink all drain to the gray tank. All tanks on the trailer be it fresh, gray, black what have you are 45 gallon tanks.
frfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #4

I do think that in a year or so when my warranty runs out that I will redo this so that the both kitchen sinks drain to the galley tank and the bath and shower go to the gray tank.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #5

It makes much more sense to do what you stated than what FR has done. It's irritating. For us a major selling point was the size of the grey tank. But in actuality it is on the small size for its main usage. I kind of feel duped.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #6

I agree. I kind of suspected the sizes when we ordered it. Then saw for sure when we did the factory tour and saw our unit being built. However how they have it ran is kind of silly. With a family of 5 the gary will fill pretty fast. But it appears to be a pretty easy fix. I think the hard part will be taking the underbelly off.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #7

Agreed.
I just got off the phone with two people from the Forest River company who deal with our specific trailer. Neither person knew that 45 gallons was dedicated to the little sink, while the other 45 gallons was dedicated to everything else. The third person I spoke with knew the information and stated that they had to build it that way due to the steps. They were left with no other option for the tanks. I told him that I can understand the point, but they should change the brochure and website documentation to clarify, not to only list "90 Gallons" as the grey water storage. It can be misleading.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #8

Thanks for the info. Seems odd those steps would cause that much of an issue.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #9

Steps are in the way is a really lame excuse.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #10

I wholeheartedly agree

Tags
tank, windjammer