Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #1

Winegard carryout g2+

Have a wildcat maxx 28rkx and has sattelite/Cable outlets. Anyone know which one is for sattelite? I have the right receiver but when I connect it from the outside it doesn’t find the receiver. Need help quick, leave tmrw
Kirkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #2

I don't know what satellite system you have, but most of them you can't have any connections between the dish and the receiver.
MLBHSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

I’m using direct tv with a winegard carryout g2. It works if I connect sattelite directly to receiver but not through trailer. Why the hell they say these these are sattelite ready if they won’t work. Bunch of bs
Old 08-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #4

Sat tv

Sorry for your problem. We had a keystone cougar and had same issue. If yours is like the cougar, you will have to connect the power supply for the dish upstream of rest of the cabling in the TT. I was in luck and there was a compartment where the cabling came into the TT. You can to try connecting the dish power supply to sat connection on the outside of TT and see if it works. Another thing you can look for is splitters in the cabling. Winegard will tell you that if there is a splitter in the cabling, dish won't work. Keep in mine that if the dish works with the power supply just outside the TT, you can't leave power supply outside in the weather. Feel your pain, they shouldn't say sat ready when they aren't. To make it worse the service center won't know how to solve the problem. These forums will give you the best sollutions
jimla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
clr

In my case I had three coax connections in the outside UDC on the outside of the unit. The connections were very poorly marked two were in the upper right corner of UDC and one was lower and more in the center of the UDC. After taking the face plate off the coax outlets I was able to determine that the upper right connectors when to the bedroom and living room satellite outlets. These Satellite runs ran directly from the UDC outside with no other components in the line (home runs). The Satellite cables were a light orange color in my unit and the CATV cables were a gray color. Hope this may help you out.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #6

Thanks all, I’ll have to take a look later at it, i got it rigged to work by just running the coax under the door where it doesn’t
Get crimped and can still close the door.

Tags
winegard