Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #1

Winter cover

Good morning from the northeast I am looking for help deciding on a cover for my 2013 Wildcat fifthwheel camper I am looking for something that stands up to snow and ice Thanks for the help in advance
chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:00 AM   #2

Arriving this week is a Gold Line SL from carcovers.com for our Spirit 1943RB. Another forum I’m on several have had good results from this one, it has a lifetime warranty and wasn’t much more $$ than their Silver with a limited length warranty.

They have a fall sale going right now and an additional 15% off being the cost to about $315 on ours, shipping included.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We've had an Adco designer series with Tyvek for the last 6 years. Living in the snow belt of NE Ohio, we get plenty of snow, freezing rain, and windy conditions. The cover has lasted us very well. It was an expense at the start, but over the life of the cover so far, has been worth it.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #4

I used an Adco Tyvek once several years back when I stored my rig at a friend's house out in the country. A critter of some sort ate one back rear corner of it about three feet up. Mice used it as a cargo net to climb to the roof and got into the air conditioning venting. The following summer when we first turned on the AC units it was like it was snowing in the rig with chewed styrofoam blowing out of the interior vents along with mouse droppings. Gross! Never used it again.

Fast forward to today. For the past three years, I've stored our rig in our driveway. Last year we left for Florida and Southern states trip on February 23 during a snow storm. Frozen snow and ice that was built upon the awning tore some of the vinyl covering off of the awning. I still have the Tyvek and with this being my last year I'll be able to store the rig in the driveway I'm thinking I might try the cover to protect the awning, slideout awnings, and protect against the 18" of ice and snow I had to remove from the roof prior to departure for the Florida trip
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
Site Team

I've always thought covers were more trouble than they are worth. I've had 4 different trailers over the past 20 years or so and never covered any of them. Never had any problems with the snow or ice.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, winter