Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #1

Winter Weather

Winter weather is coming up fast and here in the North/East we had some heavy snow falls (approx 46") in January and Febuary and this year i hear it is perdicted again, so i decided to keep from getting caught with my pants down again i bought a new toy. I do have a smaller snow blower but last year i did more shovel work then anything. The front of my house is in the North/West direction and i had 6' of snow on the garage door and my door is 7' tall.

If anyone needs a snow blower, now is the time to buy, Sears has them on sale, once the first snow flake falls they will be gone and if you do fined one you will pay a higher price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	3932   Click image for larger version

Name:	snow blower#2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	3933  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #2

I'm just glad that here in Oklahoma we don't get enough snow to need one. A little salt and a little shoveling usually takes care of what ever we get.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #3

When we moved to KS we bought a snow blower & it worked very well - didn't get enough snow to use it. However last winter we couldn't say that. It is time to get it ready for use!

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptypockets View Post
When we moved to KS we bought a snow blower & it worked very well - didn't get enough snow to use it. However last winter we couldn't say that. It is time to get it ready for use!
Same here, the snow we got last year is not normal. We build our house 30 years ago and now with both kids ready to leave the nest we what to down size and like a fool we are we are headed farther North to PA. The building lot we bought has a 175 foot side walk which we have to keep clear plus the driveway which i am enlarging when we build.

Two years ago i had the small snow blower ready for the Winter and filled the gas tank up, well guess what....NO SNOW.....when Spring came i move the snow blower to the shed at the end of the yard and forgot about the gas in the tank, when they call for all of that snow last Winter the snow blower had to go into the shop because of the gas....I will never do that again. Take it from me put gas in it at the last minute.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Same here, the snow we got last year is not normal. We build our house 30 years ago and now with both kids ready to leave the nest we what to down size and like a fool we are we are headed farther North to PA. The building lot we bought has a 175 foot side walk which we have to keep clear plus the driveway which i am enlarging when we build.

Two years ago i had the small snow blower ready for the Winter and filled the gas tank up, well guess what....NO SNOW.....when Spring came i move the snow blower to the shed at the end of the yard and forgot about the gas in the tank, when they call for all of that snow last Winter the snow blower had to go into the shop because of the gas....I will never do that again. Take it from me put gas in it at the last minute.
I add stabilizer to the gas everytime I fill my gas cans. I always did put in the boat's tank, but several years ago I had to have my mowers, weed eater and chain saw worked on because of bad gas. I haven't had any problems since I started using the stabilizer.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Wake, I hope to get a snow blower sometime in the next couple of weeks......my back can't take another winter like last season. I figure you can't go wrong buying 1 of those puppies. If it doesn't snow that is great. If it does snow, then we are prepared.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I add stabilizer to the gas everytime I fill my gas cans. I always did put in the boat's tank, but several years ago I had to have my mowers, weed eater and chain saw worked on because of bad gas. I haven't had any problems since I started using the stabilizer.
I normally run all of the gas out of my equipment before Winter, but what you do with the stabilizer is a good idea I may do this that way incase i get side tracked like the last time the repair shop will be the last place i will visit.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Wake, I hope to get a snow blower sometime in the next couple of weeks......my back can't take another winter like last season. I figure you can't go wrong buying 1 of those puppies. If it doesn't snow that is great. If it does snow, then we are prepared.
Chap, that's the way i look at it, It's better to have and not need then to need and not have and can't get. I don't know what it's like where you live but if it is anything like my part of town, don't wait too long the first snow flake and a snow blower is just a dream.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Winter weather is coming up fast and here in the North/East we had some heavy snow falls (approx 46") in January and Febuary and this year i hear it is perdicted again, so i decided to keep from getting caught with my pants down again i bought a new toy. I do have a smaller snow blower but last year i did more shovel work then anything. The front of my house is in the North/West direction and i had 6' of snow on the garage door and my door is 7' tall.

If anyone needs a snow blower, now is the time to buy, Sears has them on sale, once the first snow flake falls they will be gone and if you do fined one you will pay a higher price.
You might want to get some chains on those tires. I have one similar to your Sears model, and a set of chains really work well.
As soon as I leave for AZ my Son comes to my place a borrows my blower.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
You might want to get some chains on those tires. I have one similar to your Sears model, and a set of chains really work well.
As soon as I leave for AZ my Son comes to my place a borrows my blower.
Itsthetwoofus, Thanks for the tip, i will look into it....
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Gave our snow blower to our neighbor on the condition that he plow out our driveway if (when) it snows.

We will be in Florida again January through March. (Yea!)
Missed 56 inches of snow last year.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Gave our snow blower to our neighbor on the condition that he plow out our driveway if (when) it snows.

We will be in Florida again January through March. (Yea!)
Missed 56 inches of snow last year.
Lucky you, enjoy.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #13

Bought a Sears snow blower a few years ago. It wouldn't blow the snow we get so I got a Honda HS1132. WOW!! What a blower! I have blown snow that is waist deep and it just keeps on going. You know the annoying little snow plow hump at the end of the driveway, well no more!! Sears blower was 4 hours and a shovel when the driveway was filled in waist deep. The Honda in the same condition was an hour one handed!! The snow was deeper than the outlet chute!!
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Bought a Sears snow blower a few years ago. It wouldn't blow the snow we get so I got a Honda HS1132. WOW!! What a blower! I have blown snow that is waist deep and it just keeps on going. You know the annoying little snow plow hump at the end of the driveway, well no more!! Sears blower was 4 hours and a shovel when the driveway was filled in waist deep. The Honda in the same condition was an hour one handed!! The snow was deeper than the outlet chute!!
WOW, that is a mean looking machine you got there, it looks like it will do the job. I bet after it snows and you come out of your garage with that the snow just starts to melt.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Baldy, that is 1 sweet lookn' machine. Seems to be the Cadillac of snowblowers. I looked at 1 of those puppies yesterday when snowblower shopping. The cost on 1 of the smaller models was more than I paid for my 1st new car, so I had to pass.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #16

Those are EVIL EVIL machines!! The pictures just made me quiver. I hope never to see one in operation ever again!!
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Snow blower ?????

What the heck is a snow blower? Oh well, another cool one for the beach here in Florida!

Just read in the paper today that the population here in Florida is 1 in 4 is over 60.

Do you have to have a union card to operate a snow blower to clean out your driveway?
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #18

You can use 'em to blow sand too !

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I tried to star my fathers canadian tire one the other day... electric start is nice but only good when the engine will actually run!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
You can use 'em to blow sand too !

...VTX-AL
I don't know about sand, but you can use them on leaves.