Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #1

Question Winterizing Air Hose Blow Out Device

Has anyone made or purchased a blow out device that hooks up the water city inlet for winterizing that can be used to winterze a trailer for one person? I'm looking to find our make an adapter that hooks up the compressor and screws into the city water inlet and maintains a PSI Rating of 40lbs and allows me to go into the trailer and open the faucets for blowing out the lines by myself. Just trying to eliminate the need for a second person to either hold the compressor line on the blow out device or go into the trailer to open the facuets. Let me know if something like this exists. Thanks again...
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I made up a quick connect type adapter set-up by buying the following at Home Depot.
1- male hose to 1/2" FPT Brass Adapter
1- 1/2" FPT to 1/4" FPT Brass Reducing Coupling
1- 1/2" x 1" Brass Nipple (all in plumbing dept. Brass fittings at Home Depot)
1- 1/4" ball valve *
1- flexible end quick connect to 1/4" adapter. *
* In tool area with air compressor fittings.

Assembled using teflon tape on each connection. I can screw it into the hose connection on the RV and connect it to the air compressor hose. I open the valve then proceed to open each faucet etc. I'll post a picture when I get home from work.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #3

Camping World sells one - check out their website. This might be what you are looking for - cheap as well !!! http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...pc=1&x=28&y=16

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
Camping World sells one - check out their website. This might be what you are looking for - cheap as well !!! http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...pc=1&x=28&y=16

...VTX-Al
Ditto here, mine is brass and is the easy way to do what you want. Buy an air chuck that can be clamped on to a tire valve, available at most hardware stores, then turn the regulated air presure on your compressor down to 40psi and thats it!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I have added this to other posts, but will repeat again: Unless you have a filtering system on your air compressor, you might get an oily residue in your RV lines. When I drain the condensate from my air compressor tank, it comes out black. You might be better off using a bicycle pump for blowing the lines.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
I have added this to other posts, but will repeat again: Unless you have a filtering system on your air compressor, you might get an oily residue in your RV lines. When I drain the condensate from my air compressor tank, it comes out black. You might be better off using a bicycle pump for blowing the lines.
Most if not all typical electric home air compressors are oil less so there will be no oil in the air. If anything there may be a slight bit of condensate or water in the air. Making sure to open the drain on the bottom of your air tank on a regular basis will purge any accumulated water from your tank. I have a 30 gallon air tank and a plumbed system with drops in my garage and only have to drain the tank once a year. I see little if any water in my air. However if this is a concern to anyone, inline air filters are available at Home Depot or other hardware stores for very little money. The black you are seeing is from rust in the bottom of your air tank, not oil.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #7

Thanks Everyone for the suggestions and feedback. It appears I have a few options to go with to get the job done. I appreciate the responses.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote