Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
MI Camperz

Wish List

I feel very fortunate to have traveled a bit in my adult life. Not as much as some and never left this continent. Been to Keys x 4, Carribean x 4, all over MI, Niagara falls x 4, Indiana, Ohio, San Fran, Nashville, DC, and smokey Mts. BUT (isn't there always one), there are still a few places I am dying to get to. They are my top three wish list: What are yours?

Mine:
1. Convertible sports car tour of Italy (I get to drive, LOL)
2. Hudson Bay Canada when the Polar Bears Migrate there just before the ice freezes over. Aurora Borealis is there too!
3. A good thorough and close-up trip in the Rocky Mountains and/or Titans.

Dreaming in Michigan.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #2

I've hiked across a glacier way way up in Canada, I've touched a piece of the Titantic. But I've never been to Hawaii. Someday.....
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #3

wow ~ great thread (thanks, I needed that)

1 - The Northwest
2 - Alaska
3 - Hawaii
4 - The Northeast
5 - Outer Banks
6 - The Keys
7 - Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, Scotland....
8 - New Zealand

oh, and the container store......LOL, may actually get there soon
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Good health for a number of years. An RV trip to the rock AKA Newfoundland, one trip along the East coast to Florida, across to California up the West Coast to B.C. One more trip to Alaska, and then a few years of snowbirding. Been to Hawaii x2, haven't touched a piece of the Titanic.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

We used to travel by motorcycle and camped along the way..........couldn't even spell RV back then

A beauty trip was following the East Coast from Maine to Florida...........try and visit every lighthouse along the way. They each have their own story, all have their own unique lighting and paint scheme too.

This was our target..........how far you get all depends on how much time you have and how inquisitive you are.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I spent 3 weeks backpacking around Europe when I graduated college. my friends and I went to Paris France (saw the Eiffel Tower and the louvre amongst other things) Rome (toured the vatican, ruins, Trevi fountain and lots more), Florence (saw statue of david), and Venice (gondola ride and lots of tours) in Italy, Interlocken Switzerland (went white water rafting and canyoning) Vienna and Salzburg in Austria (got to see the Spanish Lipizzaners perform and of course castle tours, also got to see the house my mom lived in when my grandfather was stationed in Salzburg), Munich Germany (bike tour, Hofbrau House, and journeyed to castle neuschwanstein), and finally London (tours, the castle, saw phantom of the opera there). this was truly the trip of a lifetime.

I have lived in 9 different states and visited many more, been to Jamaica and punta Cana. I have been blessed in my travels. I still want to take a big camping trip out west to see all the national parks. I want to go to Hawaii and Alaska. I love the mountains, DH loves the beach. we are planning trips for both with limited time off. So many things in the US that I still want to see that overseas trips just don't rank high for me. That said, I would love to see Australia, New Zealand and of course who wouldn't want to go to Tahiti. I am hoping to full time when my daughter is grown but that is a long time away.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #7

There are still a few things on my bucket list but the main one is an African Safari.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
MI Camperz

Anaro:

How awesome you bumbed around Europe after College. That is my one regret in life....that, or not becoming a beach bumb for awhile. So much pressure to get to work after college and grow up too fast. I'm still tempted. I think I'll have to wait until retirement now. Second chance at being a Europe or beach bumb.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would be all in for Alaska and Canada Touring on "YES I KNOW" snowmobiles!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
There are still a few things on my bucket list but the main one is an African Safari.
That is up there too! To see giraffes, elephants, lions, tigers etc. in the wild and not just at the zoo would be awe inspiring. I gather the opportunities are shrinking from development and over hunting which is sad.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
MI Camperz

I forgot to add: I have this crazy need to see a tornado! Something powerful that no human has control over what-so-ever! I want to go on a tornado chasing trip! Adrenalin rush!!!!!

No offense to anyone who has been adversely affected by Tornadoes.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #12

I've seen one, scared the heck out of me. It was an F3 less than a mile away. Hope it's the last one I ever see except on TV.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
I've seen one, scared the heck out of me. It was an F3 less than a mile away. Hope it's the last one I ever see except on TV.
F3 is big. What did you do when you saw it? I'm curious.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #14

There's all kinds of amazing world out there to be seen; from Africa to the Amazon to the Antarctic to the great cities of Europe.

For me?
To sail the northwest passage.
(more accurately -to be on a boat that a real sailor is sailing thru the northwest passage).

Beyond that?
I'd love to see some of that weird and wild country down Utah way-such as f5moab has recently posted pictures of.

And beyond that??
History stuff. The Little Bighorn battlefield. The Alamo (oh definitely the Alamo). Beecher's Island, Adobe Walls, Fort Phil Kearny.

Certainly not everyone's cup of tea. But not really asking for the moon* either.

*while I have no real desire to visit the moon, I'd be quite happy to visit the moons of either Saturn or Neptune
Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
F3 is big. What did you do when you saw it? I'm curious.
We saw it form SW of where we were and move to the east. I was tracking the storm with local weather radar on my laptop and knew we were out of harms way. The videos you see on the news and Weather Channel are nothing compared to actually witnessing one. The debris in the air was amazing.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
MI Camperz

Holy Cow! Would be awesome and scarey at the same time. Adrenaline Rush!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #17

Total Adrenaline Rush!! The scarey part came first, then the awesome part. Then you realize how lucky you are, and how unlucky other were.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I've done a lot out of my Bucket list so far that I thought I'd never do. Now I would like to be a snow bird along the Gulf Coast. Oh Ya! I want to go to Goshen and join the Phat Phrog Stunt Crew.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Oh Ya! I want to go to Goshen and join the Phat Phrog Stunt Crew.
I think you're better off to go chase tornados. It's probably safer.
Plus you might wind up in a Shania Twain video
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #20

Born and raised in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies and still have about 100,000 square miles of it left to see. been to Canada and only a bout a million square miles of it left to see. Being from the drylands I will always hold dear the memory of my MIL and FIL crossing th Missourri in our motorhome. My bucket list is never going to be fulfilled. Way too many places to see.