Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #1

Wolfpack 315pack12 exterior cable/sat problem

I just purchased a new 2020 Wolfpack 315pack12 and on my way home from the dealership I purchased I had an issue connecting my Dish Playmaker to the external coax lines (two labeled Cable/Satellite). It would not pass the signal thru to any outlet inside. There are 4 coax connection points (bedroom, two above fireplace and one in garage) Does anyone know if there is a junction box located somewhere? It comes with the Wingard Air and before I crack it open to see if I can disconnect or tap into it with my Playmaker coax I thought I would ask if someone had this issue or knows. Thx
TexasWolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:06 PM   #2

Not a clue. Have you checked to see if there is a button that needs to be pushed to activate the coax and disconnect the roof antenna? Ours switches between the rooftop antenna and the coax connection.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:59 PM   #3

There is a button that turns on a green light in the living area and I tried that too but to no avail. I am going to take another try at it and then worst case will crack into the roof Wingard antenna. Just hate going through that after literally just purchasing it and it’s brand new. Appreciate the response.
TexasWolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:23 AM   #4

If you start repairs yourself, you might void the warranty. I'd suggest you give your dealer or Forest River a call. The Wingard Air probably has a separate warranty and a mobile mechanic might honor the warranty.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #5

Usually there is just one outlet inside of an RV that connects to the outside satellite input. It is usually located at the living room TV location.

Bruce

Tags
cable, exterior