Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS AGAIN/ARE YOU HAPPY WITH QUALITY?
YES, CHOOSE FOREST RIVER AGAIN 415 81.69%
NO, NOT CHOOSE AGAIN 34 6.69%
NO EXTREMELY DISATISFIED, 29 5.71%
YES BUT NEEDED TO PUSH FOR MANY REPAIRS 30 5.91%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
What year did FR buy coachman?

Turbs
Forest River paying $42M for Coachmen's RV assets - Elkhart Truth
mobile mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile mechanic View Post
you need to attend the goshen international rally where you can you repair work done for free
Given the cost of attendance and the fuel to haul it up there at 750 miles each way, that's quite a bit of money, especially when I do have a warranty, that is supposed to take care of these things, but if anything serious happens that's what I'll do.

I can repair a lot of stuff for ~$1,200 and a week+ of my time.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #183

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Given the cost of attendance and the fuel to haul it up there at 750 miles each way, that's quite a bit of money, especially when I do have a warranty, that is supposed to take care of these things, but if anything serious happens that's what I'll do.

I can repair a lot of stuff for ~$1,200 and a week+ of my time.
Attending the rally for the only purpose of having stuff fixed does not make a lot of sense in many cases. The real purpose for the rally is the fellowship of several hundred other RV'ers like you, great meals, free ice cream, super seminars where you can ask factory experts all the questions you can dream, vendor booths selling all sorts of neat stuff, lots of new FR RV's and motor coaches to explore, factory tours, evening entertainment, and lots of places to see while in Goshen. Oh yes...you can get a lot of stuff fixed a little or no charge. That's a great bonus!

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #184

I'd go if I weren't so far away from OH. 950 miles from me
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #185

This past Spring we purchased our 7th Forest River product--a 2014 Berkshire motor home. No one else has been able to match the customer service and the quality.
TwiceTheIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #186

Definitely!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #187
Happy owner SOB

Now another brand not to buy...

2015 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat
Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #188

I would not buy another FR product again. I have had more problems with this Fifth wheel then I had with my old Prowler 5th wheel that I had 30yrs that I owned it. I have had my wolf pack for only a year. And when I call the FR. factory, about the slide out problem they say it is Lipperts problem, so I called Lippert and they say it is FR. problem. Because FR. specs. out the frame, and if the frame is to lite thats their problem. Plus My Wolf Pack is only 3 yrs old and I messed up a compartment door and now say they don't make that door any more, so I can't get it now. Plus the whole trailer is made out of compressed paper, even the fake wood on the inside trim, the cabinets, are paper. Under the seats are cardboard, even the outside skin is compressed paper with a thin skin of plastic( it not even fiber glass) Then I read about broken frames that scares me. My dealer even say they are the worst manufacture to work with to get things done (parts, warrant, ect.) I thought I would like it when I bought it, but I will not buy another one now.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:50 AM   #189

There are a lot of different FR products and they are not all created equal. With FR and all other manuf. The price reflex product quality materials these units are made of.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #190

Every manufacturer of anything has good and bad products. Good out weighs the bad or else they wouldn't be in business. Some people buy things that aren't designed for there purposes due to price and beat up the manufacturer for it. Or they really didn't do their homework and fell in love with the bells and whistles. I purchased two tt this year first one was damaged by hail. I looked at everything before settling on my used wildwood 36bhbs. I walked through no less than 30 trailers. Did my research and found the right fit for me. Travel trailers are not a spur of the moment purchase. Would I buy a forest river product again? You bet. If they have a model that fits my needs.

Life is a highway!!!!!
jimdd810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
There are a lot of different FR products and they are not all created equal. With FR and all other manuf. The price reflex product quality materials these units are made of.
mud yapster, 950 miles isn't bad I think I'm like near 700 miles. It's a great time with the bonus of them helping you out if needed. Where else can you camp for a week @ 350.00 with 4 or 5 days of meals? Plus you get to meet some people who you only talk to on this forum. I hope you change your mind and see you there in August of 2015. It's really educating if you can take it all in. And a pretty good time to boot..... PS 85% of the people on this forum would buy a FR product again that says something.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
mud yapster, 950 miles isn't bad I think I'm like near 700 miles. It's a great time with the bonus of them helping you out if needed. Where else can you camp for a week @ 350.00 with 4 or 5 days of meals? Plus you get to meet some people who you only talk to on this forum. I hope you change your mind and see you there in August of 2015. It's really educating if you can take it all in. And a pretty good time to boot..... PS 85% of the people on this forum would buy a FR product again that says something.
Thanks I thought it was this year. I can probably make plans for that next Aug. Let's see $700 for diesel, $350 for the stay, $500 for whatever, so I'll save $2000 for the trip there and back. Thanks for the info.
PS, I'd buy another FR product so far although I need to replace all 6 of these China made Westlake tires they put on my rig first.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
Thanks I thought it was this year. I can probably make plans for that next Aug. Let's see $700 for diesel, $350 for the stay, $500 for whatever, so I'll save $2000 for the trip there and back. Thanks for the info.
PS, I'd buy another FR product so far although I need to replace all 6 of these China made Westlake tires they put on my rig first.
I agree I would get rid of them Westlake. Well you nailed what you would need pretty close. So start saving and see Ya in Goshen. They put Westlake on a Wildcat? I never even heard of a westlake tire til this forum. But I also never heard of Trail Express either that came on mine. I'm lucky I saw a puff of smoke, and the guy in the next lane was blowing his horn. Got stopped before it beat my trailer to death......Didn't think of that expense when I bought it.....

Old 10-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #194

I liked my WOLF PACK till I started having trouble with it and trouble with getting info. from FR on how to repair it, and the back and fourth between FR and Lippert, on who's problem it was. Also when I went to mount some hooks for some close, and drilled the cabinet and found out it was paper, they look like fine cherry, but looks are deceiving, they are just paper. Then I had to take off a door and frame and found that the out side skin is just a thin skim of plastic over masinite which is compressed paper.
The reason I bought the Wolf Pack was it was the most reasonable trailer, when I had to get one. See I lost everything I owned last May in a wild fire (including my CanAm Commander. this is MUD) that is why I bought it, I could not afford a $800000- $900000 trailer. So I have what I have, and I have to live in it year around, not just for a weekend or a week or two, I am in it full time.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #195

OH PS I just had to adjust the slide out today for the third time.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #196

I'm sorry to hear that ditchdigger I hope you get it all fixed like it should have been from the get go. Sorry about your Commander also.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-12-2014, 06:09 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
OH PS I just had to adjust the slide out today for the third time.
These slide outs seem to be a pain, I take mine in monday. This is the 5th glide that broke into pieces. But now I'm out of warranty and have to pay to have it done. The first 4 where in my 2 year warranty period. It seems to be yearly thing only on one slide. They say it's adjusted right. Boy sorry to hear of your fire.....good luck... PS Ditchdigger, do you have any insite to adjusting them? I read lippepts slide out adjustment, but it doesn't state anything about the tilt up and down. When you let it out and bring it in.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #198

This is my second FR product, so I guess I'm a "yes." We traded in the Salem for the XLR because the DW and I wanted to be able to haul the Harleys with us. Otherwise, we'd still have the Salem--it was a great camper and had all the issues ironed out already. There have been a few issues with the XLR, most notably the fridge needed to be replaced, but they've all been handled by our dealer. I don't like the Westlake tires, but I was surprised to read on the sidewall a max load of 3520#. I'd like to attend Goshen one of these years, it's not that far away for me, about 600 miles. I'm sure that would further cement my decision...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #199
Moderator Emeritus

Would you buy forest river again if you had it to do over again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
... I'd like to attend Goshen one of these years, it's not that far away for me, about 600 miles. I'm sure that would further cement my decision...

How's next year for ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
These slide outs seem to be a pain, I take mine in monday. This is the 5th glide that broke into pieces. But now I'm out of warranty and have to pay to have it done. The first 4 where in my 2 year warranty period. It seems to be yearly thing only on one slide. They say it's adjusted right. Boy sorry to hear of your fire.....good luck... PS Ditchdigger, do you have any insite to adjusting them? I read lippepts slide out adjustment, but it doesn't state anything about the tilt up and down. When you let it out and bring it in.
It depends on which system you have? I have an hydraulic ram at one end and two racks and pinion with a rod (square tubing) between them. I had a problem with the channel bowing up and letting it jump teeth and go off to one side, and then the slide would have a gap on the far end(in it would stick outside 3"and out it was in 5") I could see the ground when it was out. After 4 month fighting with both Lippert and FR, I finality got a answer from lippert on how to fix it. I will not go in to it right now, but if you are having the same problem, I will go through and tell you what has to be done, it is a long process.

Tags
forest river