Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #1

Yamaha Generators not in stock? Haven't been since May?

For those of you who didn't catch my "Yamaha EF 2000is generator ordered!" thread, I ordered a new Yamaha 2000 watt genny about a week ago from Wise Sales. I have been checking my order status on Wise Sales for the past week and its simply said "on hold" since then. I finally called them today to find out what was going on. They told me they do not have any in stock and have been out of stock on Yamaha generators since May (with Yamaha giving them the runaround on a time frame for them to stock them it sounds like?) I asked "So you guys have been out of stock since May?" customer service: "Yes"

Awesome. This would be very useful information for your consumers Wise Sales! Instead of taking orders and leaving people in the dark, how about you put a little info on the site...or AT LEAST notify people when they place their order.

I'm glad I didn't wait too long to call! I have a hunting trip coming up in November and having a generator is paramount in the cold weather we will be enduring. I guess I now either call around to see if anyone actually has the Yamaha genny in stock...or go with the Honda. Either way I'm not sure I want to use Wise Sales for the Honda after that whole debacle. Any other suggestions?
700hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, that is just bad business. I ordered my genny from Wise Sales about 5 years ago, and it was delivered to me within a week.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #3

That's what kills me! I've heard how great they have been with shipping quickly. That's why I called after seeing the "on hold" status for so long. Not happy with how that was handled on their part. I understand they can not control when they are able to get shipments of a product if the company is giving them the runaround (that's what the customer sales lady told me Yamaha has been doing to them)...but at least keep your customers in the loop.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700hauler View Post
I understand they can not control when they are able to get shipments of a product if the company is giving them the runaround (that's what the customer sales lady told me Yamaha has been doing to them)...but at least keep your customers in the loop.
That is the key to good customer relations.....if there is a snafu, let the customer know what is going on. Even if the present order is cancelled, the good PR presented will encourage that customer to come back for a repeat business.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #5

Exactly. That interaction cost Wise Sales my business (and from the sounds of it the business of several others). I found Yamaha Generators | www.yamahagenerators.com and gave them (company name is "NSNA" as it shows on their site) a call to see if this was a national problem or a Wise Sales problem. Sounds like its a Wise Sales problem. When I mentioned the issue I had, she immediately said "let me guess..it was Wise Sales." I said yes. It sounds like many other people have had that issue and Wise Sales was even promising people Yamaha generators (for storm relief aid) that they didn't even have their hands on. Yamahagenerators.com has been getting a lot of residual wise sales business lately it looks like.

But, either way, I'm happy. yamahagenerators.com was great to deal with. Plus they saved me $10 off of what I was paying with Wise Sales for the same generator.

Now lets hope it ships promptly. I am getting antsy. I want to get my hands on that thing
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Think about it.

If you had orders from Nevada and New York or New Jersey, which ones would you backorder?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #7

herk. According to Wise Sales they have been out of stock on those gennys since May. And I placed my order well before the storms. That generator should have been in transit well before the storms even hit.

Wise Sales is placing the blame on Yamaha...I say whatever the problem keep your customers informed....not in the dark and guessing when they will get their product.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
herk. According to Wise Sales they have been out of stock on those gennys since May. And I placed my order well before the storms. That generator should have been in transit well before the storms even hit.

Wise Sales is placing the blame on Yamaha...I say whatever the problem keep your customers informed....not in the dark and guessing when they will get their product.
Well I guess that "puts paid" to the storm not being the problem.
I love my Yamaha EF30SEB and can see them running short.

I got mine from US Carburetion in West Virginia with the propane/LNG mod installed.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #9

I placed a new order through yamahagenerators.com. They had them in stock and have been keeping them stocked. It sounded like they were getting a lot of business due to the storm. They treated me well and were cheaper than Wise Sales so I'm happy.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #10

Quote:
I placed a new order through yamahagenerators.com. They had them in stock and have been keeping them stocked. It sounded like they were getting a lot of business due to the storm. They treated me well and were cheaper than Wise Sales so I'm happy.

Good price. Did you get the email discount offer?

Any reason you go this over the honda?
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #11

I ordered two EF2000iS in July from Yamahagenerators.com and they were here in three days. They shipped from California to Florida. I bought the Yamaha because they mentioned a fuel cut off switch in their literature. Could not find that about the Honda. If Wise did not have them since May they should have ordered more. I did get the oil change spout and the fuel caps form for adding a fuel tank from Wise in about a week.
Stank Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrac View Post
Good price. Did you get the email discount offer?

Any reason you go this over the honda?
Yes I did get the email discount. No specific reason for going Yamaha over Honda as its my understanding you cant go wrong either way. I've just always been a Yamaha guy (own a Yamaha sport quad) and the Yamaha has a few features I like over the Honda...and in my opinion the Yamaha looks better And as it sits right now, yamahagenerators.com is beating the prices on Hondas as Wise Sales jacked their price of the Honda 2000 up to $999 since the storm hit.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stank Bait View Post
I ordered two EF2000iS in July from Yamahagenerators.com and they were here in three days. They shipped from California to Florida. I bought the Yamaha because they mentioned a fuel cut off switch in their literature. Could not find that about the Honda. If Wise did not have them since May they should have ordered more. I did get the oil change spout and the fuel caps form for adding a fuel tank from Wise in about a week.
That's great to hear. I live in Nevada so hopefully I get mine as quick as you did!

According to Wise Sales Yamaha keeps giving them the run around on when more generators will be available to them...Which I don't believe since others are able to get them and keep them stocked. My main beef was how they handled the situation by allowing me to order one and take my money immediately while they themselves said they have no idea when they will get more. And failing to notify me of the situation until I took it upon myself to ask what the heck was going on with my order.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #14

I see that Wise Sales has just recently changed the status of the Yamaha to "on back order"
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #15

As an update: I ordered my Yamaha 2000 from yamahagenerators.com on the 1st of November. I got it at my door yesterday 11/5. Not bad taking into consideration the weekend.
Got the Yami all oiled and fueled up and fired it up. Hooked it up to the trailer and tested it out. Love it so far! Definitely a quality unit.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #16

Sure beats getting jerked around. It is incredible how fast they get to you. You will want to get the oil change spout. They should put them in the box with the generator as part of the purchase.. That would make the deal perfect.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I bought the Yamaha because they mentioned a fuel cut off switch in their literature. Could not find that about the Honda.
My Honda EU2000i has the fuel cutoff switch integrated with the on/off switch. When you shut it off, it also shuts off the fuel. Makes it pretty foolproof.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #18

Just received my recall notice on my Honda 2000 for "high emissions" from possible fuel line fire. How did they combine those two statements? Anyways, recall is serial number based so I will post my letter as soon as I get it out of the DW's truck.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
My Honda EU2000i has the fuel cutoff switch integrated with the on/off switch. When you shut it off, it also shuts off the fuel. Makes it pretty foolproof.
Will the Honda cut off switch allow you to run the generator until the fuel bowl is dry for storage?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Sure beats getting jerked around. It is incredible how fast they get to you. You will want to get the oil change spout. They should put them in the box with the generator as part of the purchase.. That would make the deal perfect.
Agreed. I ordered the oil spout and magnetic "dipstick" from amazon.