Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 12:18 AM   #1

Yappers

First off, I have nothing against pets. I have had several in the past but my current job makes it impossible for me to have a pet now. Back to the thread title, yappers. Is anyone else sick and tired of being forced to endure hours of non stop yapping from the the neighbor's little fifi or buster, or whatever it's name is? I had to put up with it all last weekend. I paid for the site again and left my travel trailer in place for another week otherwise I would lose it, because I want to enjoy the holiday weekend and go fishing and just generally hang out with friends. But as I set, I pray to the camping gods that the same people aren't my neighbors again. The little dust mops with feet never shut up. If the wind shifted, yap yap yap. If a leaf fell, yap yap yap. If a bird flew from one branch to another, yap yap yap. If I stepped outside to take in the morning and have a cup of coffee, yap yap yap. The owners reacted to every situation in the same manner. They smiled, laughed, and said, "Isn't that cute". As I see it, they have every right to bring pets, but they have no right to ruin my weekend. I know I probably stepped on toes. Just had a belly full of those damned ankle biters that bark at everything non stop and their inconsiderate owners. I'll reserve owners letting their dogs crap wherever and not cleaning it up for another thread.
Sorry for the long post, I'm done venting.
YardDog is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #2
Just a member

Feel your pain. Dust mops with legs next door and out back. Makes one want to get out of Dodge and go camping.

kandl is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 03:15 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardDog View Post
First off, I have nothing against pets. I have had several in the past but my current job makes it impossible for me to have a pet now. Back to the thread title, yappers. Is anyone else sick and tired of being forced to endure hours of non stop yapping from the the neighbor's little fifi or buster, or whatever it's name is? I had to put up with it all last weekend. I paid for the site again and left my travel trailer in place for another week otherwise I would lose it, because I want to enjoy the holiday weekend and go fishing and just generally hang out with friends. But as I set, I pray to the camping gods that the same people aren't my neighbors again. The little dust mops with feet never shut up. If the wind shifted, yap yap yap. If a leaf fell, yap yap yap. If a bird flew from one branch to another, yap yap yap. If I stepped outside to take in the morning and have a cup of coffee, yap yap yap. The owners reacted to every situation in the same manner. They smiled, laughed, and said, "Isn't that cute". As I see it, they have every right to bring pets, but they have no right to ruin my weekend. I know I probably stepped on toes. Just had a belly full of those damned ankle biters that bark at everything non stop and their inconsiderate owners. I'll reserve owners letting their dogs crap wherever and not cleaning it up for another thread.
Sorry for the long post, I'm done venting.
Buy a "Cute dog AD-100" which emits a high frequency sound (humans can't hear it" and it will stop the yapping from about 30' away.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product...166582099.html
Old 08-29-2018, 04:21 AM   #4

Stop sweating the little things and enjoy your time away. I learned not ago not to let yappy dogs, kids, etc. get to me.

Life is too short. I deal everyday with people that go to work never to go home to be with their loved ones. Most would gladly take a yappy dog to never seeing their loved one. Sorry but it happens. Priorities .............

and yes many people are very inconsiderate of others...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 06:04 AM   #5

Just as Yappers don’t belong on the lap of their owners as they are driving or pulling their RV, they don’t belong at campgrounds. All dogs can be trained to not bark and yap, but their owners just don’t care about how annnoying they are to others. They just don’t care! They think it’s cute that the whole campground can hear them coming as they walk them, then they seem offended that my three non-barking/yapping dogs posture as they let their yappers pull their extending leash twelve feet onto my site as they yap even more at my well-controlled dogs. It has really become annoying.

Bruce
Old 08-29-2018, 06:12 AM   #6

Check local laws for "annoyance animals".

So far camping gets me away from them since we have a neighborhood full of them and I have complained to animal control which has reduced the problem with dogs but has done nothing about the roosters and goats. Yes I live in a subdivision, not a farming community.

As for crapping, why walk your dog to my yard to crap and leave it for my shoes and lawnmower tires? Your dog can crap in your yard.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 06:53 AM   #7

I use a three step process. If the dogs are yapping and owners are present, I address the dogs (so that the owners can hear) and verbally correct them ("no barking" or something similar. If the owners don't get the hint, the next time I knock on their doors and politely ask them to address the issue. Lastly, front desk to complain to the manager. County, State, and National campgrounds usually have Rangers that are quick to address such complaints. Nonetheless, I feel your pain about the "yapping".
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Broken Toe

My personal pet peeve (pun intended) is the people who's dog goes freaking nuts when I walk by with my dog, and they glare at me like its my fault or something. One time, a guy actually came out of his class-a to tell me I shouldn't walk my dog past his campsite because it gets his dog all worked up.

I'll let you guess how his weekend went.. but I'll give you a hint, His roll down shade for the front window probably needed replacing.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #9

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
My personal pet peeve (pun intended) is the people who's dog goes freaking nuts when I walk by with my dog, and they glare at me like its my fault or something. One time, a guy actually came out of his class-a to tell me I shouldn't walk my dog past his campsite because it gets his dog all worked up.

I'll let you guess how his weekend went.. but I'll give you a hint, His roll down shade for the front window probably needed replacing.

Tim
Old 08-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #10

Look what I’m about to say I will probably get a warning from a moderator on here. I love dogs, I guess as the saying goes no bad dogs just bad owners. My great granddaughter has a dog that barks a lot, his name is Rover (me) and we have tons of fun playing. I have a dog whistle that only dogs can hear and if the dogs bark all day next to me then about 1am in the morning I get next to there camper and blow my whistle, I let them hear what I hear during the day. Satisfaction works for me. I only blow the whistle a couple of times because it does hurt the dogs ears but it wakes the owners up and I go back to bed with the owners yelling at the dogs. Anyway I’ll probably get talked to about this post. I do love dogs but at my age I don’t want to deal with losing a family member. I like Rover best, he only pops up when granddaughter comes over
spock123 is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #11

I have 2 medium to large dogs. Often they hang out in a fenced in area near our chairs. They only bark when other dogs walk by or something that they don't recognize. Golfcart, strollers etc okay, Baby carriage shaped like a space ship barking commences. I don't glare at others walking their dogs, in fact I often tell my dogs to be quiet saying, " its okay, they are going for a walk too."

Honestly, its not the dogs. its a people issue. People who aren't considerate of others, people who don't train their dogs (or their kids)
Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #12

We have a couple of ankle biters and a heeler. Once in a while, yes they will bark at someone walking by but they get disciplined. They are getting better the more trips we make so it's a work in progress. 2 of our dogs are not very socialized which is our fault but where we live there isn't many people around which is the way we like it. After last weekend however, I discovered our dogs are not the worst of the bunch...not by a long ways.
TwoMile is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #13

I also feel your pain. I love dogs, but constantly barking dogs are not 'cute' to everyone.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I also feel your pain. I love dogs, but constantly barking dogs are not 'cute' to everyone.

Yapping dogs even annoy my Shih Tsu. He listens for a moment or too, turns and walks away with a disgusted look on his face, then lays down with his head under a pillow or blanket

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post

Totally agree, people with yappy mutts should leave them at home or just don't go camping where other people are around.
The same with letting them run around loose in other peoples sites.
I will ask people nicely that let there dog run around in my site to keep their dog at their site. I will do this only twice then out comes the bear spray .

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
Totally agree, people with yappy mutts should leave them at home or just don't go camping where other people are around.
The same with letting them run around loose in other peoples sites.
I will ask people nicely that let there dog run around in my site to keep their dog at their site. I will do this only twice then out comes the bear spray .
Bear spray is a little expensive. Some ammonia and water in a squirt gun does the job and doesn't harm the animal.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #17

Pets and children. People oft times fail to realize nobody loves yours, or is willing to tolerate yours, as much as you do.
katkt is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #18

Same can be said for people that like to use your table as they're staging area while they'll get their black tank or water hookups ready. Or have a smoke near the door side of your camper so the smoke, don't go in theirs.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply
Old 08-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #19
Site Team

As with all the other threads concerning this same subject matter, they always devolve into things best left off our friendly forums. Nothing to be gained from allowing this one to continue it's spiral down the abyss.

Thread closed

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Closed Thread