Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #41

my most embarrassing event

We traded an older (20 year old) motorhome on a brand new model in 2008. First trip out with our new expensive (for us) rig and our first stop was in an rv park in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Got out to start setting up camp and found a tire on our TOAD had gone flat and I had ruined it pulling it while flat. I then hooked up to dump our tanks as we had done some dry camping along the way. Pulled the valve to dump the black tank and as was well for about 10 seconds and then the hose we had been given by the dealer came apart at the connection on the motorhome. The stuff really hit the fan. Managed to get the valve shut off but not without some nasty problem. Got out our white hose and began hosing things down. Spent about two hours trying to clean up my compartment (why do they put dump connections in the same compartment as freshwater hookup?) while getting dirty looks from everyone within smell distance. About the the time I was finishing the cleanup a park employee pulled up and asked us to go the office for a refund and directed us to depart the park ASAP. So there I was, flat on the TOAD, no dump hose, tanks almost full, no freshwater hose (used it for clean up) and no place to spend the night. Found a truckstop to spend the night and got things kind of taken care of the next day. Felt two inches tall pulling out of that park but did the best I could. One more experience on the road
Old 07-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #42

Yikes!
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
I will be one of the first people to help someone having problems. As I am always on the road pulling rv's I have helped countless travellers. I carry a floor jack and cordless impacts with me. I'll pull over and change a flat in a few minutes. I've changed 7-pin plugs on the side of the interstate. I've helped newbies with everything from leveling trailers to hooking up their gas BBQ. . I've been an avid camper since the mid 70's. If this fellow needed help I would have helped him.
Like I said the operative word is "may". If he was a yahoo and you knew it you were totally in the right. I wasn't there so it is your call.

2013 Keystone Raptor TH
2013 Ford F350 Dually TV
Rokslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #44

Double down on the license number, it should be posted so other campers know if they're parked next to them what to watch out for. Seen some leaky kinked sewer hoses, most park management gave warnings.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #45

Stayed at a KOA in Pigeon Forge several years back. The Dump station there, at that time, was simply a hole, with a grate on top. Pull up, pull the lever, and let it go. I had never seen a dump like that up till then, and have not seen one since.
2011 JKRU
1994 Ford Ranger
1984 K20 Suburban
twxsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #46

The ass probably does not care anyway,,,
I am guessing he has no plans to ever go back there !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #47

Amen to helping vs judging!
geoff270ssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by twxsby View Post
Stayed at a KOA in Pigeon Forge several years back. The Dump station there, at that time, was simply a hole, with a grate on top. Pull up, pull the lever, and let it go. I had never seen a dump like that up till then, and have not seen one since.
That must have been a Great Smelling place !!!
Would not even be league too day !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #49

Been there, seen that. Some people are just plain nasty.
Chris N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #50

REPORT HIM! (Or blow horn, preferably a good air horn, until someone from campground shows up!) :-)
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote