Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #21

My Take

My thought on this the person occupying that site determined on his own you where going to be moving in and setting up anyway so why should he move and inconvenience himself, you can go find another site since you have to setup anyway.

Seen it still don't get it, the why should I be inconvenienced. Glad to see the Ranger tried to teach him a lesson in manners but unfortunately not in time.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #22

Talking

When I worked for a major armored transport company some years ago $200.00 dollars in 2's was the minimum the bank would order for customers. I like this idea of carrying 2's.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #23
Part-Time Campground Host

Great Idea! I gotta get some 2s.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
I like camping because "most" folks I encounter are the friendly and outgoing types. However, as I've posted in other threads, A-Holes come in all shapes, sizes and age groups. I'd like to think I'm not one of them (a-hole) but I'll bet that I'm not always considered a joy by everyone I meet.
I am pretty sure that you don't mean that the only two choices are "friendly and outgoing" and "A-holes"?

I am reasonably friendly, but *not* outgoing. If you stopped in to my site and started up a conversation, I would be completely polite, but would look for any reason I could find to get away from you and end the interaction.

Does that make me one of the "A-holes"?

I am hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids and I speech-read, but neither of those are perfect. With people that I know, I understand their speech patterns and probably understand about 90% of what they say. With strangers, that number drops to the 60%-70% range unless I can concentrate intently on the speaker's mouth shape while they are talking. Add in a heavy mustache or an unfamiliar accent and my speech recognition drops even further. For me, "shooting the breeze" with a stranger is WORK, and I would rather not do it.

If you drop by to tell me that you noticed that a tire looked low on my truck, or that you saw raccoons tearing apart someone's cooler nearby, or the ranger told you that the water was going to be off for an hour - that's great. I really, genuinely appreciate it.

But if you are just one of those people who feel the need to "welcome" every new camper... Well, that's why I am going to cut the conversation as short as I can.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

You don't have to be 'outgoing', especially if your hearing prevents it. I'm mostly deaf and know what an effort it is to have conversations, especially with background noise. I just come out right way and say I can't hear. If you have to say 'what' often enough, the other person will be looking for a way out of conversation! Come right out and say, sorry, but I can't hear speech at the frequency you speak at. But thanks for saying hello!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:05 PM   #26

My partner in crime, gets new $ 2.00 bills, and folds them into hearts adn other shapes, so with good service, in addition to the regular tip, they get an Orrigami type bill thats shaped like a heart. Usually generates a smile. . .
Stormy Dayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #27

Quote:
I have noted an increase in everyday people thinking rules and laws are just guidelines that they can cherry pick.
You can get that way if you keep up with and learn from current events...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:07 AM   #28
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
I am pretty sure that you don't mean that the only two choices are "friendly and outgoing" and "A-holes"?

I am reasonably friendly, but *not* outgoing. If you stopped in to my site and started up a conversation, I would be completely polite, but would look for any reason I could find to get away from you and end the interaction.

Does that make me one of the "A-holes"?

I am hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids and I speech-read, but neither of those are perfect. With people that I know, I understand their speech patterns and probably understand about 90% of what they say. With strangers, that number drops to the 60%-70% range unless I can concentrate intently on the speaker's mouth shape while they are talking. Add in a heavy mustache or an unfamiliar accent and my speech recognition drops even further. For me, "shooting the breeze" with a stranger is WORK, and I would rather not do it.

If you drop by to tell me that you noticed that a tire looked low on my truck, or that you saw raccoons tearing apart someone's cooler nearby, or the ranger told you that the water was going to be off for an hour - that's great. I really, genuinely appreciate it.

But if you are just one of those people who feel the need to "welcome" every new camper... Well, that's why I am going to cut the conversation as short as I can.
That is quite an interpretation of what I commented. I never meant for it to be an either/or category. Which proves my point that not everyone is pleased 100% of the time with every interaction they participate in.
As far as being the busy body chatting everyone up - I am not that person. But I do know a few of them.
I come in contact with hundreds of people a day and I try to be a polite and courteous as I can. That said - not everyone wants the interaction the same as me. That doesn't make them or me a bad person. And just because I'm older doesn't make me right.
Your results may differ and that's ok to. Happy camping!
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
There are two things nearly extinct in America today: common sense and common courtesy. We were camping at a state park last weekend. I was in spot C16 Friday and Saturday night. A few weeks ago I added a second reservation for Sunday night, so on Sunday we had to move from C16 to A18.

1 PM checkout time comes and we roll on over to A18 and find it fully occupied, no attempt made at packing up. So I head over to the registration kiosk and a real park ranger just happens to be walking out. I explained we were trying to move from C16 to A18 and he said, "I just had a funny feeling this was going to be you, you're John H...., right?" He explained that the guy from A18 left earlier. On his way out he told them he was staying there, going to the lake, and whomever they had coming in for his spot would have to be moved to a different spot! The ranger said they tried to stop him and tell him he couldn't do that, but he just drove off.

I told the park ranger it didn't matter to me, I didn't really care which spot I had as long as there was one for me. We had a conversation about how bad things are getting now. So he gave me a list of empty spots and told me to pick one and they would move me to the spot. So, I actually got a space that was much better than A18, with real green grass and a nicely located shade tree. So it worked out better for me anyway.

Then the ranger stopped by and made sure everything was good with us and he told us he gave the guy in A18 a ticket for failure to leave and also made him move anyway. The guy wanted to stay three extra days not just one and A18 was reserved the two days after we would have left.

99% of the time I try to be the bright spot in someone's day. It's really sad how much of life the "all about me" generation is missing out by being selfish and pi$$ed off all the time. They miss the nice conversations with strangers, the joy of making someone else smile. I was in line at a coffee counter in an airport and there was a flight attendant behind me. I told her I wanted to buy her drink to say thank you for all that they did for us on flights and everything they had to put up with and it just totally made her day to be thanked for what she did rather than complained to all day long. It just makes life so much better.

It was a PITA for you, true,

BUT in the end you got something better and it cost the JERK some cash!

Two positives IMHO!
Old 06-24-2021, 06:42 AM   #30

Been giving $2 to grands on birthdays as well! Gave one to new dental assistants and was amazed young lady had never seen a $2 bill. She really smiled when I followed up with “it’s a good day when you learn something new”. Have a great day making others smile!
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Good for you!! For the last 18 months I have been keeping my wallet "stocked" with brand new $2 bills. I give them away all the time. The poor under paid person at the drive up window at Burger King, McDonalds etc all get a brand new $2 even if I'm only spending a buck on a senior drink. I also give another one to the next window where they hand you your order.
I tip waiters normally 25% or more and then I ask them if they have kids or any youngsters at home and I give them new $2s for each one.
It's a hoot and it always makes them smile and that makes me smile! In fact I'm heading to the bank today to get another pack. They called me yesterday to tell me my "order" is in.
I hope all those folks know that $2 bill is legit and not funny money!!
RoyalFrog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFrog2 View Post
I hope all those folks know that $2 bill is legit and not funny money!!
It's the Three Dollar bills that are questionable.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...auBwr3EKO93SRQ

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:35 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
It was a PITA for you, true,

BUT in the end you got something better and it cost the JERK some cash!

Two positives IMHO!

I bet I know who has more stress and it’s not the guy that ended up with a better campsite.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:28 PM   #34

"Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
There are two things nearly extinct in America today: common sense and common courtesy. We were camping at a state park last weekend. I was in spot C16 Friday and Saturday night. A few weeks ago I added a second reservation for Sunday night, so on Sunday we had to move from C16 to A18."

Same kind of thing happen to us on our last beautiful 13,000 mile journey back South and East, we pulled into Fort Stewart in North Carolina, just outside of Savannah, was able to get a campsite, when we got to our site it was occupied went back to the office on Base to let them know, After a while waiting for the MPs to go and research the problem no one home at the campsite so we took the overflow site much better lake view all to ourselves.
Keep an eye out the cross traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210518_122509.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	257774   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210518_154847.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	257775  
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Good for you!! For the last 18 months I have been keeping my wallet "stocked" with brand new $2 bills. I give them away all the time. The poor under paid person at the drive up window at Burger King, McDonalds etc all get a brand new $2 even if I'm only spending a buck on a senior drink. I also give another one to the next window where they hand you your order.
I tip waiters normally 25% or more and then I ask them if they have kids or any youngsters at home and I give them new $2s for each one.
It's a hoot and it always makes them smile and that makes me smile! In fact I'm heading to the bank today to get another pack. They called me yesterday to tell me my "order" is in.
I wonder how many that receive these $2 bills think they are fake monopoly $ because they have never seen nor heard of a $2 bill?

Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:47 AM   #36
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
"Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
There are two things nearly extinct in America today: common sense and common courtesy. We were camping at a state park last weekend. I was in spot C16 Friday and Saturday night. A few weeks ago I added a second reservation for Sunday night, so on Sunday we had to move from C16 to A18."

Same kind of thing happen to us on our last beautiful 13,000 mile journey back South and East, we pulled into Fort Stewart in North Carolina, just outside of Savannah, was able to get a campsite, when we got to our site it was occupied went back to the office on Base to let them know, After a while waiting for the MPs to go and research the problem no one home at the campsite so we took the overflow site much better lake view all to ourselves.
Keep an eye out the cross traffic.
Nice spot but I thought Ft Stewart was in Georgia? It's been a long time since I've been anywhere close to there so I could be mistaken.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:19 AM   #37
ysidive

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdog01 View Post
Been giving $2 to grands on birthdays as well! Gave one to new dental assistants and was amazed young lady had never seen a $2 bill. She really smiled when I followed up with “it’s a good day when you learn something new”. Have a great day making others smile!
Awhile ago I was shopping and had a $2 bill in my wallet when I went to the checkout.... The guy at the checkout told me that I had a play mone mixed in with my cash. He actually thought that it was fake. He had to call the manager when I told him that it was actually REAL money... He had not only never seen a two dollar bill, but had not even heard that they existed.....
Days Camping 2022 Not Enough
ysidive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
It's the Three Dollar bills that are questionable.

I handed a guy a $12 bill and asked for change. He asked me if I wanted 4 $3s or 3 $4s
Old 06-25-2021, 05:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
I wonder how many that receive these $2 bills think they are fake monopoly $ because they have never seen nor heard of a $2 bill?

The day I left to report to the Oakland Army Depot to begin my tour in Vietnam my Aunt gave me two $2 bills she had always kept for good luck.

They still carried that luck because they never left my person and I came home in one piece.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:12 AM   #40
Site Team

There is a Two Dollar Bill YouTube channel. This guy made a documentary about them. It was pretty interesting when I watched it a couple years ago. Here's a link to the teaser-
https://youtu.be/x76GpPAdk_Q

In the teaser the guy tells about being arrested and put in jail for trying to spend $2 bills at a Home Depot.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper