Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #41
Trailer Park Supervisor

It was a sad day when they got rid of the 500 and 1000 dollar bills. Now I have to walk around with huge wads in my pockets....
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:56 AM   #42

My experience has been exactly the opposite. I find campers generally respectful and decent. I hope my experience doesn't change but then again, I'm a little Pollyannaish.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:56 AM   #43

Ease up. Your pay dude found you a solution. Accept it and move on.

Our job is go out there make a positive impact. Help someone at their campsite. Help someone at the boat ramp. Stop complaining.

Last trip some fool cut in front of me at the boat ramp and then spent 15 minutes getting ready with his trailer in the water. My brother has taught me not to react to such behavior. Do not give people power over you. We were not in a hurry.

Everyone is pissed off after Covid. Do not provoke people. Give them some slack.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

Nice spot but I thought Ft Stewart was in Georgia? It's been a long time since I've been anywhere close to there so I could be mistaken.
You are absolutely correct, my mistake, We went so many places they get mixed up.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #45

If your lucky enough to find a 500 or 1000 bill hold onto it. Once a bank gets hold of it they are required to turn it in to the Federal Reserve which then destroys the Bill's. That's the reason collectors are selling $500 Bill's for 850 or more
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #46

I watched my DW thank the man that was emptying the garbage cans in front of our site last week. She said something to the effect that he was making everyone's stay so much more enjoyable and "thank you for your willingness to do your job". I have never ever seen anyone more speechless! He really choked up and said that no one had ever thanked him for what he did, they usually were more eager to complain. It takes so little to make someone's day and she is always doing just that. It's a joy camping with her! 53 years lucky me.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:17 PM   #47
Trailer Park Supervisor

Good girl! I make a point to praise the bathroom cleaning crews when I see them doing a good job at a campground.

KEliasz, I wish I had one of those bills! They preceeded my life by a long shot! I think the only time I came close was having those bills during that LIFE board game we played as kids!
Old 06-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #48

Try tipping with $1 coin Susan B Anthony coins... Most think they are quarters... $25 for a roll of 25 coins.

a little heavier to carry around...

I once was stuck in N. FL with a computer problem in my Dodge van... a dealer mechanic went the extra mile to get me back on the road... while talking to him he said he had two kids... I tipped him two Silver Eagle 1 ounce coins, at the time worth about $12 each... now 6 years later they are up to $26 each
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	susan-b-anthony-dollar.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	257851  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
There are two things nearly extinct in America today: common sense and common courtesy. We were camping at a state park last weekend. I was in spot C16 Friday and Saturday night. A few weeks ago I added a second reservation for Sunday night, so on Sunday we had to move from C16 to A18.

1 PM checkout time comes and we roll on over to A18 and find it fully occupied, no attempt made at packing up. So I head over to the registration kiosk and a real park ranger just happens to be walking out. I explained we were trying to move from C16 to A18 and he said, "I just had a funny feeling this was going to be you, you're John H...., right?" He explained that the guy from A18 left earlier. On his way out he told them he was staying there, going to the lake, and whomever they had coming in for his spot would have to be moved to a different spot! The ranger said they tried to stop him and tell him he couldn't do that, but he just drove off.

I told the park ranger it didn't matter to me, I didn't really care which spot I had as long as there was one for me. We had a conversation about how bad things are getting now. So he gave me a list of empty spots and told me to pick one and they would move me to the spot. So, I actually got a space that was much better than A18, with real green grass and a nicely located shade tree. So it worked out better for me anyway.

Then the ranger stopped by and made sure everything was good with us and he told us he gave the guy in A18 a ticket for failure to leave and also made him move anyway. The guy wanted to stay three extra days not just one and A18 was reserved the two days after we would have left.

99% of the time I try to be the bright spot in someone's day. It's really sad how much of life the "all about me" generation is missing out by being selfish and pi$$ed off all the time. They miss the nice conversations with strangers, the joy of making someone else smile. I was in line at a coffee counter in an airport and there was a flight attendant behind me. I told her I wanted to buy her drink to say thank you for all that they did for us on flights and everything they had to put up with and it just totally made her day to be thanked for what she did rather than complained to all day long. It just makes life so much better.

Thank you for thanking her.

You are right about the people with no manners. That guy should have been forced to leave the park. When he refused and left, the ranger should have called the police ( no, wait a minute, they are police) and he did right by making the guy move anyway. He should have put him in a BAD spot, and fined him. And if he complained, booty him out.

This happened to me one time, I wanted to stay longer and they said they'd have to move me but then they double-checked and they moved the guy that was coming in because the days were equal.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
Every generation thinks the generations below them are getting worse, and people fondly remember the good old days. There always have and always will be ********.
X2 or 3 or wherever we are now.
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #51

I hear far to often people talking about how each generation "thinks" the next is a bunch of long haired freaks, Frankly that is a load of crap. People are SO ****** to each other! as the original poster said common sense and courtesy are GONE!
wclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #52

My pet peeve is when youíre sitting outside (on your allotted campsite) and people cut through your camp before asking! It may be petty, but as a tent camper also, you never know if someone may have guy ropes or something that can trip a person.
Sing2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #53

It doesnít cost anything to be nice to fellow human beings.
raysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
And perpetuating the something for nothing attitude of today.
WHAT.... Come down to reality. People white are working do not expect something for nothing. If they did, they would go on welfare which is too easy to get on in this country.

People that do as he is are not perpetuating anything except human kindness. It's called the rich helping the not so fortunate. My son in law goes to the homeless side of town and hands out one hundred dollar bills so they can get a motel room, shower and a couple of good meals. All you have to do is smell them and if they smell like alcohol, no money. Not everyone on the street is there by choice. We are all just a payday away from it. You need to come down to reality, and pay it forward yourself!
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #55
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sing2all View Post
My pet peeve is when youíre sitting outside (on your allotted campsite) and people cut through your camp before asking! It may be petty, but as a tent camper also, you never know if someone may have guy ropes or something that can trip a person.
We can be hopeful!
Old 06-28-2021, 09:54 PM   #56

People today know there are no consequences for their actions. When I read the original post the first the first thing I thought was a park ranger not doing his job. My experience in the Missouri state parks is most dont do their jobs. People running generators all night, dogs barking all day, etc. They are reluctant to confront anyone breaking the rules. Fine them, have their camper towed. Lock up their stuff and pay a steep fine to get it back. If you are a repeat offender, ban them from state parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankraney View Post
Thank you for thanking her.
You are right about the people with no manners. That guy should have been forced to leave the park. When he refused and left, the ranger should have called the police ( no, wait a minute, they are police) and he did right by making the guy move anyway. He should have put him in a BAD spot, and fined him. And if he complained, booty him out.

This happened to me one time, I wanted to stay longer and they said they'd have to move me but then they double-checked and they moved the guy that was coming in because the days were equal.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:09 PM   #57

Good ol' Days

Quote:
Every generation thinks the generations below them are getting worse, and people fondly remember the good old days. There always have and always will be ********.
When you see the young one and are saddened remember.... these are his 'good ol' days'.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:47 AM   #58
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
When you see the young one and are saddened remember.... these are his 'good ol' days'.
Perfect! I'm going to use this. Thank you.
Centerline TS WDH
2004 Heritage Softtail Harley Davidson
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:56 AM   #59
Site Team

Seems like we may have over reacted in closing this thread.
We (site team) do try very hard to be hands off as much as possible.
We also strive to keep the forums helpful, mostly RV related and FRIENDLY.
That last one is most important.

We understand that bad things happen and folks want to talk about them but some threads seem to turn into "my bad experience was worse than yours". Those are the threads we struggle with.

One of the members specifically asked about this thread and so we are opening the discussion.

Thanks for understanding.
Happy Trails!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #60

Quote:
Sadly, often times it's the older generation also. Seems age has no impact on the 'grumpyness' of some.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper