Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #21
Site Team

He was arrested during a domestic disturbance call at a motel in glacier national Park later. Just before the bison incident I Yellowstone, he had been arrested in Teton area for drunk in public. If I remember the news report right.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
For all of you travelling to Yellowstone and out west, Please... Please... Please Do Not Do This!!

Man taunts Bison
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-c...national-park/
He is in jail at this time. Nut got himself in trouble at two other National Parks due to drinking. They should throw the key away!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Ham Call N8SAC

He is taking his life in his hands . That fellow can run 20 mph and weights in at 3000 lbs. don’t sound like he is very smart to me.
Maxwell D Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #24

That's not as scary as the one I witnessed as a child in the mid 1950's, travellingt hrough Yellowstone with my parents.
Picture a Bear Jam on the road, people out of the cars, walking around taking pictures, feeding the bears cookies.
One woman complained to her husband that he should hurry up and take the picture because her child kept slipping off the bears hump.
My Father rolled down the window about an inch and told the fool: Lady! That's a Grizzly!) before he drove off down the road, saying he didn't want to see what might happen next.
I have some 16mm film my Mother shot through the windshield before were drove through.
On another occasion, (Mid 1950's) in Elk Island Park, in Alberta Canada, we followed a car into the Bison Paddock area and watched a driver, with his wife and family, get tired of the Bison standing on the road and preventing him from proceeding on his way.
So he started blowing his horn, then "nudging" a bull with his car.
There were a number of large dents in the door panels and hood as well as a number of screaming kids and wife.
My Dad just backed up and got out of the way.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #25
(Dry Huunday)

Justice served.
60 days in jail for harassing wildlife, 60 days for interfering with law enforcement and 10 days for disorderly conduct. He was given credit for 21 days served. Also banned from Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier national parks for a five-year probationary period.

https://rvtravel.com/man-harasses-bi...ys-in-slammer/

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #26

Glad to hear that! It was on the news but no results were given.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #27

People are idiots.

I was a kid in the 70's when my parents took us to Yellowstone. I remember vividly to this day watching people walking up to a huge herd of bison - trying to pet a calf! I grew up on a farm. I knew better at 13 years old than these idiots. It was amazing no one got hurt, at least while we were there.
Mrs.Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #28
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

A news report I saw the other day said that the guy in this video was going into rehab when he got home from this trip.

Somehow I doubt that was the case...but now he is getting mandatory rehab!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #29

I'm really trying to learn how to like people, BUT...... they're so da!! stupid! ....
Old 08-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Shockley View Post
People are idiots.

I was a kid in the 70's when my parents took us to Yellowstone. I remember vividly to this day watching people walking up to a huge herd of bison - trying to pet a calf! I grew up on a farm. I knew better at 13 years old than these idiots. It was amazing no one got hurt, at least while we were there.
In nature, "Man" is the only animal that is protected from his own stupidity. Rather than let "nature take it's course" we have a multitude of laws designed to protect these idiots.

In the case of Bears, should one of those bears being bothered by tourists get fed up and take a well deserved bite out of someone's butt, the bear would no doubt end up paying the penalty with it's life. The ignorant/stupid tourist would merely get told to not do that again or at the worst get a citation and a fine.

For those who are so enamored by bears, get a DVD of Walt Disney's "Bear Country" and watch them on your big screen TV at home.

I wonder what would happen if a large sign was erected at the entrance to Yellowstone and similar parks saying "Do Not Approach Animals. Park Staff Will NOT Protect You".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote