Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #101

My EDC flashlight is my pelican 7600. The battery lasts days without charging and I use the hell out of it everyday. I also have 2 Olights that are my go to when working in tight spots as they have a magnet on the end to hang them. They are smaller but will still make it through a day of use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_114734.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	226101  
Phat Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:48 PM   #102

My favorite flashlight is the one I get for free every time I go to Harbor Freight...
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #103

For $58 at Walmart, I found the Bushnell 1500 Lumen rechargeable flashlight to be one of the best available for the price. It has 2 brightness settings and a strobe and recharges using a mini-usb plug and can also serve as an emergency battery pack for your cell phone...this thing is blindingly bright and built like a tank!
Pcolawinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:22 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcolawinger View Post
For $58 at Walmart, I found the Bushnell 1500 Lumen rechargeable flashlight to be one of the best available for the price. It has 2 brightness settings and a strobe and recharges using a mini-usb plug and can also serve as an emergency battery pack for your cell phone...this thing is blindingly bright and built like a tank!
For $58.00, that’s a really nice flashlight. Even if it was $100.00, I think it would be a good buy. It has a couple gimmicky features that compromise its reliability and durability — mainly the charging port and its ability to let water in, but that same thing I see as a downside might be a real benefit to many and a good reason to own this flashlight. I think if I had a $60.00 budget for a flashlight, this one would be on my list of possibilities.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #105

Quote removed for rules violation

I did...Some of my friends have told me they remember me telling them to prepare for this in the 90's.

From a tactical standpoint the use of a flashlight is an absolute last resort as the light makes you a better target.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
From a tactical standpoint the use of a flashlight is an absolute last resort as the light makes you a better target.
It really depends on how it is being used, who is using it and what it is being used with. I wouldn’t consider it a last resort at all if it is being used by somebody who is trained to use it; usually in conjunction with other defensive tactics and tools.

Bruce
Old 04-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
It really depends on how it is being used, who is using it and what it is being used with. I wouldn’t consider it a last resort at all if it is being used by somebody who is trained to use it; usually in conjunction with other defensive tactics and tools.

Bruce
Agreed on it depends how and when it is being used...I'm trained to use it and there are few scenarios where I would consider using it under an 'anarchy' situation.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:27 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I've used SureFire for weapon mounted, I'd trust my life on them, but expensive. Streamlights hand held were always very durable. I have a couple older Maglight 3 cells I'm thinking of upgrading to LED, saw upgrade kits on Amazon for around 20 bucks. Flashlights sure have come a long way from the Ray O Vac crap they sold when I was a kid, where you always had to thunk it with the palm of your hand to make it come on.
Lol was that the red batteries had a cat jumping through a number 9? Yeah mine died as 3 friends and I were exploring a swamp filled with gators and big ol snapping turtles! Well there might have been itf my friends hadnt all left me when the flashlight died lol when we were 9or 10 construction company left the sewer lids off the new storm drains. Think huge square cave with two tunnels on each side. We snuck down and played in them for a few years. Not one father had d or c batteries in their flashlights every kid was taking them.
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:29 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Fenix. I have too many to list them all. From headlamps to flashlights. They are bulletproof and bright. I won’t need to buy any more till I’m dead and gone as they should all last me that long, but there will always be something smaller and brighter!

Nothing bothers me more than a light that requires 3aaa batteries.
What about one that needs 6aaa?

Yeah im that guy lol!
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:57 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
What about one that needs 6aaa?

Yeah im that guy lol!
You might want to look into a more expensive flashlight that uses 123A batteries or, even better, the 18650 rechargeable battery and in no time at all you will have made up for the extra cost of the more expensive flashlight with the money you saved by not buying all of those AAA batteries.

Bruce
Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #111

Flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
If you have a single favorite flashlight for non-work purposes, what is it? I’m not asking about lanterns or floodlights, rather, a hand-held flashlight that you rely on for everyday use/carry/camping.

I have always been a fan of the SureFire brand of compact tactical-type flashlights and my current favorite is the SureFire Intellibeam FURY-IB-DF. I believe, for my purposes, this is the perfect flashlight. Here is a link showing its features:

https://www.surefire.com/fury-intell...lashlight.html

What do you use and why do you like it?

Bruce
I have three Hybridlight flashlights that I bought from the Boy Scouts. It's solar powered, has a light then has a super bright. I'll buy more if needed. charge lasts a long time, then sit it in the window.
xomkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #112

Of course darb... the Fenix TK72R is sold out... Everyone wants a massive monster searching flashlight. I have an old one at about 5500 lumens... they did not produce this one back then. I will be collecting pop bottles and saving my change to get this 9000-lumen one as soon as I can. And you can charge your cell phone from it.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #113

Love the streamlight. Anything goes wrong just send it in and they rebuild for free
SOLESEARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light