Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD View Post
Small, one cell Pocket led flashlight that can attached to the brim of your cap. Just turn clip around to attach. Very bright and small.

Also have the larger 5" in toolbox.
Do I have a treat for you! Check out the SureFire Sidekick. I have one of these, also, and it is an amazing light for its size. You can put it on your keychain or you can attach a clip (SureFire accessory) that will keep it on your hat. At 300 lumens, it is three times brighter than your current light, is rechargeable and weighs less than the battery in your current light. I have had mine for about three years and there is no difference in its performance or battery longevity now compared to the day I bought it. Here’s a link:

https://www.surefire.com/sidekick.html

Bruce
Old 03-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #22

Love my Fenix flashlight. Multiple brightness settings, strobe, rechargeable via USB. Definitely not priced to lose, tho. And I have Fenix lanterns too. This model but an older version.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...le-flashlight/
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 TRX4 Cummins
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K
just4u_cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #23

I just realized this is the 600 lumens i have the 800 version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
Im pretty sure it is this one but i got the carbon fiber look. I have the box at work so i will have to double check. Attachment 225891
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Do I have a treat for you! Check out the SureFire Sidekick. I have one of these, also, and it is an amazing light for its size. You can put it on your keychain or you can attach a clip (SureFire accessory) that will keep it on your hat. At 300 lumens, it is three times brighter than your current light, is rechargeable and weighs less than the battery in your current light. I have had mine for about three years and there is no difference in its performance or battery longevity now compared to the day I bought it. Here’s a link:

https://www.surefire.com/sidekick.html

Bruce
I have to have that...
Thanks a bunch
Old 03-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4u_cara View Post
Love my Fenix flashlight. Multiple brightness settings, strobe, rechargeable via USB. Definitely not priced to lose, tho. And I have Fenix lanterns too. This model but an older version.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...le-flashlight/
That’s a nice flashlight with some pretty good features and a nice overall size.

Bruce
Old 03-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #26

My favorite Flash light is a Milwaukee LED stick rechargeable 18V model. I have three battery packs to use, since I have a Milwaukee drill/drive that is also an 18V rechargeable drill/driver unit. This is my go to flash light at home for anything that I need a flashlight for. What is nice is the light can be maneuvered for better visibility and I do not need to hold the light when I need two hands to work on something, it will stand up by itself.

My two, D-Cell mag lights feel lonely, batteries are removed and the mag lights just sit.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:28 AM   #27
KSH

I like olight. They work well, pricing is good and they have sales all the time.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #28

Wow, I've got some catching up to do. If I need to see something at night I just use the light on my phone (old flip phone). I do keep a mag light in the motorhome that I bought at a garage sale several years ago that I put an LED conversion kit in. At the time, that seemed like a pretty decent flashlight. Like I said, I've got some catching up to do.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #29

Please continue to add links to you favorite flashlight .... so I can spend 100's of $ on new ones
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
My favorite Flash light is a Milwaukee LED stick rechargeable 18V model. I have three battery packs to use, since I have a Milwaukee drill/drive that is also an 18V rechargeable drill/driver unit. This is my go to flash light at home for anything that I need a flashlight for. What is nice is the light can be maneuvered for better visibility and I do not need to hold the light when I need two hands to work on something, it will stand up by itself.

My two, D-Cell mag lights feel lonely, batteries are removed and the mag lights just sit.
The best light I have found for my work is the Milwaukee M18. I left it in a customer’s ceiling Thursday afternoon and realized it early yesterday morning. I made a trip, posthaste, back to where I had left it only to find the ceiling had just been patched. Luckily, the painter was still there and didn’t mind retrieving it for me. Those batteries aren’t cheap, so I offered to pay the guy to get it for me, but he wouldn’t accept anything. I love the Milwaukee M18 system.

Bruce
Old 03-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #31

My favorites are still my old fashioned Maglites. When all my fancy, super bright flashlights don't work for whatever reason, the Maglites are still there and functioning. My son gave me one like he uses at work (USBP). Super bright, but it has to be charged regularly. Guess what, when I need it, it's never charged
I think I have Maglites in every size and most colors. They roll around in all my vehicles behind/under the seats and the bottoms of my tool chests/pouches. They get thoroughly abused and they still just work.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #32
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Every vehicle has a 3 cell MagLite. TT has one in the bedroom and one in the living area. Each room in our home has one as well, including the basement.
I check them regularly for functionm, battery life and corrosion.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #33

I have a bunch of expensive maglites and lithium pwered tactical lights. I now only buy these when they are on sale for $9.99.
https://www.harborfreight.com/588-lu...ght-63934.html

They last forever on a set of batteries and the perfect size for small jobs. If you lose them...no big deal.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #34

Another vote for the Mag-lites. I have a "Malice Green" special (6 D-cell) that I used to use at astronomy star parties. I bought it off a friend who was a leo after his department banned them. The beam can be seen in the night sky pointing at an object. Great for tracing constellations. Now, it fits in the side of my truck console.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #35

OMG! I just looked at the newer led upgrades to my really old Maglites. I just might have to start experimenting! And here I thought I was happy with my old technology. Damn this helpful (expensive) forum
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #36

Chinese, but cheap as heck, uses regular batteries and not 123's that get hot and are expensive, and put out a heck of a lot of light. I have about 6 of these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For tracking, or long distance light uses, I have a couple of these. I didn't pay that much though.

https://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-Siriu...=fsclp_pl_dp_1

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
OMG! I just looked at the newer led upgrades to my really old Maglites. I just might have to start experimenting! And here I thought I was happy with my old technology. Damn this helpful (expensive) forum
All my maglites are LED. Lowes used to sell the 2 D sized ones for $15 on black Friday. I have many of them. I once left one on overnight. It was still on the next morning.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
My favorites are still my old fashioned Maglites. When all my fancy, super bright flashlights don't work for whatever reason, the Maglites are still there and functioning. My son gave me one like he uses at work (USBP). Super bright, but it has to be charged regularly. Guess what, when I need it, it's never charged
I think I have Maglites in every size and most colors. They roll around in all my vehicles behind/under the seats and the bottoms of my tool chests/pouches. They get thoroughly abused and they still just work.
I still have a few Maglites floating around, but they are old and tired because I bought them when they were just about the best flashlight available. I became frustrated with them because their incandescent bulbs just couldn’t take much abuse — there was a reason they came with a spare bulb in the cap. I tried their first couple of attempts with LED, but they just didn’t cut it, so I began to look at other options. If Maglite was able to keep up with the rapidly advancing flashlight industry, I would still be a loyal customer. Even now, Maglite can’t touch the performance of their competition and it seems they are relying on their name and the lack of consumer education to keep them afloat. I would again buy Maglite if they could ever pull themselves out of the 1990s and make a product equal to or better than what’s out there today.

Bruce
Old 03-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I still have a few Maglites floating around, but they are old and tired because I bought them when they were just about the best flashlight available. I became frustrated with them because their incandescent bulbs just couldn’t take much abuse — there was a reason they came with a spare bulb in the cap. I tried their first couple of attempts with LED, but they just didn’t cut it, so I began to look at other options. If Maglite was able to keep up with the rapidly advancing flashlight industry, I would still be a loyal customer. Even now, Maglite can’t touch the performance of their competition and it seems they are relying on their name and the lack of consumer education to keep them afloat. I would again buy Maglite if they could ever pull themselves out of the 1990s and make a product equal to or better than what’s out there today.

Bruce
Totally disagree. The newer LED MAglites lights are WAY better, brighter and longer battery life than their predecessors.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Totally disagree. The newer LED MAglites lights are WAY better, brighter and longer battery life than their predecessors.
I don’t disagree, but you are comparing Maglites to Maglites. My point was that Maglite isn’t keeping up with the competition and does not produce a flashlight anywhere close to what is available in different brands with equal or better quality and similar pricing.

Bruce

Tags
light