Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #21

Well, after thinking I had stopped the damage to my Blue Ridge, (I had some pimples forming under the wall paper near the Kitchen slide last year) I noticed a few months ago that the pimples were getting worse and the wall was getting very spongy. I had taken the RV to the dealer for some routine maintenance anyway and asked them to look into it. They did; they went to Forest River about it and even though my Blue Ridge is out of warranty, Forest River has agreed to bring it back to the factory and replace the walls. They did not even fight me on it.

This is the second major thing that has had to be done (first was the stripping and repainting of the nose cap; that was during warranty) without even so much as a balk from Forest River. I have read posts about having to fight with them and that may be true; and maybe I'm either just lucky or living right, I don't know. I think it also helps to have a very good dealer that works with their customers... even when they are not looking to buy another RV. This was the second RV I have bought from them in the last 20 years.

Anyway I am very happy to be getting this taken care of. I'm just waiting to hear back as to when they are going to schedule the repair it but it looks to be December.
Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #22

That's great news. They took mine back twice with little resistance. The second trip was a costly repair I assume since they replaced both side walls.
Unfortunately we recently for some pimples above the slide in the master bedroom. I quickly learned that the upper slide gasket came loose and broke the caulk bead which allowed water to get beyond the gasket. I was able to secure it and get it caulked tight again. I feel we caught it in time before any major damage occurred. I will surely be keeping an eye on it.
I hope it all goes well for you!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471915608.791466.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	118161