Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
KK in Ont

Another Blueridge lemon

We have a Blueridge story to tell.
First I would like to say hello to all as we are new to the forum.
We purchased our 2013 Blueridge 3710BH in feb 13 and picked it up in may 13, we were suppose to pick it up in late april but when we arrived at the dealer there were some things that were just not right. The dealer wanted us to take it and then bring it back at a later date, we refused to take a brand new $50,000 unit that already had problems. When we finally did pick it up we took it to the RV park and set up as we had no travel plans for a month, figured this would also be a great test and we would have a chance to figure everything out. Right away we started noticing little problems, stove, microwave, water leak in the storage area, these were small and we fixed the water leak ourselves. The biggest trouble was the living room slider didn't seem to go out all the way, it never levelled out. The funny part of this problem was one the reasons we didn't pick it up the first time was the same slider wouldn't close all the way, there was a couple inch gap between the trailer and the slider in the closed position. We decided that because the RV season is to short in Ontario to start with that we would just have live with some of the troubles till the end of the season. Nov 1st we returned it to the dealer for the warranty work to be done. After about three weeks we received a call with even more bad news, while they were fixing the TV mount on the back bedroom wall (tv fell off wall while travelling) they noticed water damage in the back wall. Investigating further it was established this wall and one other had been leaking for some time and there was already a fair amount of mold in the wall. It was decided by the selling dealer it had to be repaired by forest river at the factory. Much to our disbelieve we are being told this will not happen till april 2014 with no assurance as to how long it will be there. We were also told that since it was picked up in may that by the time we get it back the warranty will be over so any further trouble will not be covered. The dealer wants us to believe they are doing all they can but we are very unhappy with things so far. If they tell me about the small print in the paper work about having to inspect all seams and seals on the entire trailer every 30 days one more I'm going to lose it. This is a brand new 50k trailer that only travelled two weekends and has never even seen a winter, I wasn't really thinking we would have to do much more then put beer in the fridge and propane in a tank when needed. Our 2004 Sunnybrook we had before this never leaked and in 9 years never had this many problems.
I have read that there is no lemonade law with trailers but does anyone have any ideas how to push this through quicker, we would actually like to just trade it up on another fifth. Any trailer leaky roof story I've ever heard never ends well. We also have heard a second year warranty can be purchased but this was never mentioned by the dealer.
I will say that we don't know the outcome but if anyone is asking about Blueridge I would say don't buy one.

Very unhappy in Ontario, Canada
Kim Killam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
B47

Many similar posts here regarding problems with FR products both new and used.

Also many posts saying that buyers are very satisfied with their FR products.

Do a search here and you will find many of each.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

What is the name of the RV dealership? This will help others who are looking for a dealership to deal with.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
WFD

A good dealership would have done an inspection of the trailer when they got it...prior to you arriving to pick it up and had things in working order for when you got there.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
KK in Ont

We have read many posts about FR, thats why we decided to buy FR. Guess anyone could get a bad one.
The dealer says there is nothing they can do but wait till it goes in for repair, I ran my own automotive repair shop for 20 years and think there is way more that can be done. I called the owner to chat about options, he had his salesman call us back. If I had wanted to talk to his salesman I would of called him.
The dealer is Camping in Style, Brooklyn Ont.
Our friends and I spent over $200,000 in that dealership in 2013, somehow I think we would of received a better answer.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Always Learning

See if this contact sheet helps you. In times like these, I think it is important to get ahold of the manufacturer directly to get the skinny:
https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf
Old 12-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
KK in Ont

I tried your link but it just brings up an error page.
This is the first post I have made and am still learning the forum, can someone tell me why I can't find it on the threads page anymore
Old 12-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Always Learning

Kim - I've fixed the link. It should work now.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #9

I wish you the best of luck. We owned our 3600RS for 6 months and got to keep it at our house for 21 days. We traded for a new Montana. Deal directly with FR, we had some success with that but no offer to entend warranty, even after we asked. Our dealer has been around 61 years and was great, but our unit had serious issues. Make a record of every phone call, time and date and final resolution.
farmall130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #10

Blue Ridge issues

Hi,
We have a 2013 Blue Ridge 3600. In response to Lemon Law there isn't one But lots of documented info. and a good lawyer will work. My wife and I have owned 5 RV all have been off the dealership lot except one. One was ordered from Factory and was in the shop more than we used it, in 20 months. (then traded off)This Blue Ridge has it's issues but far less than the Rushmore we owned. It will be a year in February that we have owned the Blue Ridge.
I have found that you check out the service dept before you buy from a dealership. Seems there is a link between them and the MFG. Our dealership puts us on priority list when it comes to service because we bought from them.
Our service manager is Great and he calls FR in a heartbeat over issues to get them resolved. I have actually been standing next to him while he makes the call
We have had a roof leak in Bathroom (skylight cracked) we are currently having a leak in Kitchen. Dealership is going to reseal entire roof. If that doesn't fix it FR is replacing roof. Leak in storage compartment. (seal broke loose )
Also have issue with door hinge tight and excessive pull on door frame.(causing door frame to pull away from door)
unidirectional antenna is only good for 25 miles (cheap on FR)
remote system died (replaced) Trim coming loose,
Days of Quality are long gone. MFGs seem to throw the rigs together and out the door. FR only builds the frame and parts out the components
We have owner 2 LaKota's by Monaco both for 5 years and the amount of issues can be counted on one hand. If it wasn't for counter space we would still have the Lakota.
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
KK in Ont

We thank everyone for their advice, we have contacted FR and are awaiting reply. We will post results.
Yesterday we went to the Toronto RV show, lots of dealers and brands of trailers. Funny thing is there wasn't one Blue Ridge trailer in the show, we are taking that a very bad sign. One dealer we asked said he doesn't sell them anymore because of the amount of warranty issues he was having.
KK
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Killam View Post
We thank everyone for their advice, we have contacted FR and are awaiting reply. We will post results.
Yesterday we went to the Toronto RV show, lots of dealers and brands of trailers. Funny thing is there wasn't one Blue Ridge trailer in the show, we are taking that a very bad sign. One dealer we asked said he doesn't sell them anymore because of the amount of warranty issues he was having.
KK
Good, bad or indifferent looks like they are still out there.

New 2014 Forest River RV Blue Ridge 3710BH Fifth Wheels at Specialty RV Sales Lancaster Ohio Specialty RV Sales

I shall heed the warning just the same.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to B and B
There was one Blueridge at the Toronto show yesterday. A 3125 RT. Nice layout with external kitchener and no bunks. I noted the drawer with the stove was beat up, the door on the kitchen bottom left corner frame is all bent to crap, sealing around windows coming off, taps loose, tv mount off centre to start with. The ability to use the kitchen with both slides in was a great feature.

All being said we do like our 8289 Rockwood. But the 360PDEK - Sierra Fifth with the deck, sliding door, outside kitchen is pretty cool. I would need a F350 to tow all 15,500 lbs though...

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
There was one Blueridge at the show yesterday. A 3125 RT. Nice layout with external kitchener and no bunks. I noted the drawer with the stove was beat up, the door on the kitchen bottom left corner frame is all bent to crap, sealing around windows coming off, taps loose, tv mount off centre to start with. The ability to use the kitchen with both slides in was a great feature.

Brian
I am sure being able to use the kitchen with the slides in is great, however, due to the other problems you posted I would never find myself in a position to use the kitchen.

Other than that how was the show?
Did the "upgrade bug" bite you.........
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I am sure being able to use the kitchen with the slides in is great, however, due to the other problems you posted I would never find myself in a position to use the kitchen.

Other than that how was the show?
Did the "upgrade bug" bite you.........
The show was great. I would say 75% of the trailers where Forest River brands. there we're many park models, that is becoming a teen here. Get a 3 season rig instead of travelling when you retire.
The DR suites are quite nice in some ways, price though..
We had a 3703SS for 13 months and have only had the 8289 for 9 months so at this point we need to stay put, need more truck for more trailer.

Brian
Old 03-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #16

Quote:
The show was great. I would say 75% of the trailers where Forest River brands. there we're many park models, that is becoming a teen here. Get a 3 season rig instead of travelling when you retire.
The DR suites are quite nice in some ways, price though..
We had a 3703SS for 13 months and have only had the 8289 for 9 months so at this point we need to stay put, need more truck for more trailer.

Brian
"teen"?

I have not been out enough to notice the number of park models and I have only seen one windjammer type of unit.

Lots of people around here buy a spot of land build a pole barn type of cover and then park a large fifth wheel under it.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #17
Always Learning

A "trend" here, maybe...
Old 03-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #18

Seen.....
Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Seen.....
Ahhh!

I try to avoid those things that are all the rage.

I look silly in skinny jeans.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #20

We have 2 factory's left in Ontario that make 12 ft wide park models. They setup many of these at every trailer show including double wides. We have a golden falcon park model ourselves, they went out of business for the final time in 2010. Many hear buy Titanium 5ers still. Command new prices compared too today's new units.

B