Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #21

RVGUY is a member here, same as you. His connection is with Prime Time Manufacturing and may not be of any help with your BlueRidge issues. he may, however, be able to direct you in the right direction. You can message any member on this forum.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #22

2nd year warranty

Where do I go to purchase the 2nd year warranty.....do I have to go to the dealer I purchased the RV from or could I purchase this warranty at any Forest River dealership?

Thank You
frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #23

See this link for the form.
http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf

I called FR direct and they filled out the form over the phone and took my credit card number.

Something similar to this is on the back of every Forest River brochure:

"For details on Rockwood’s complete warranty program, see your Rockwood dealer. When it comes to backing products with the same quality and commitment it has when it begins the manufacturing process, the only name you have to remember when you’re looking for a recreational vehicle is Rockwood. Rockwood offers the following additional limited warranties to the original purchasers. Consult written warranty for details.
1. Twelve-year vinyl roof warranty, 2. Two-year fiberglass warranty, 3. Five-year axle warranty, 4. Five-year tent warranty, 5. One-year
bumper to bumper warranty, 6. Available second-year warranty"

We did exhaustive research of numerous brands before our purchase and trolled this website once we decided on our Rockwood, so we knew about the warranty before we ever made a down payment. Our dealer did give us the form and told us about it, but then then again, he didn't try to sell us an over-priced after market warranty either.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #24

thank you.....I will check with them. The dealer told us about the 5 year extended warranty for $1800. but not the 2nd year warranty.....again, thanks for your help.
frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #25

Frustrated,

When I talked with my dealer about the second year warranty for $150 I found out the deal was only good for 10 days after the purchase date. Of course the dealer sort of forgot to mention it and when I checked prior to the end of my one year warranty, all they offered was a 7 year warranty for $1800. The 7 year warranty was through a third party vendor and did not offer the same coverage as the FR warranty. Lesson learned, the dealer can make or break the experience.
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
Frustrated,

When I talked with my dealer about the second year warranty for $150 I found out the deal was only good for 10 days after the purchase date. Of course the dealer sort of forgot to mention it and when I checked prior to the end of my one year warranty, all they offered was a 7 year warranty for $1800. The 7 year warranty was through a third party vendor and did not offer the same coverage as the FR warranty. Lesson learned, the dealer can make or break the experience.
It doesn't seem to be written in stone as several of us were able to get the warranty long past the first 10 days. I brought my TT in September and got the 2nd year warranty in May some 8-9 months later.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #27

Our dealer told us that most of what the 2nd yr warranty covers is covered by the individual component manufacturers. Their warranty is 2 yrs. from date of purchase. He didn't recommend buying it.
Prodigy Controller

dlturner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
Site Team

I got some minor work done that wouldn't had been covered by individual compoinent manufacturers. The cost of labor would had been more than the cost of the second year warranty.

For the price of the 2nd year coverage it was well worth it to me. Of course your mileage may vary.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #29

anyone else have as many issues with the 2011 blue ridge 3600rs. we have had such **!!!**!*!!! luck with this unit the factory gave us the second year warr. we are about to go out of warr and still have big issues. anyone else out there have these same issues......
hot water leak
fridge/replaced
microwave/replaced
slides adjusted/ 4 times
carpet replaced from slide wear @ 2 months
roof leak @ 5 months
shower screws rusty
vac con replaced
door lock/replaced/we were locked out
i have plenty more and a few of these were multiple times
oh and by the way

COUNTRY ROADS RV IN WINSTON SALEM NC WELL LETS JUST SAY NEVER AGAIN !!!!!! DID I SAY NEVER !!!!!
mudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #30

I can't help you with your issue. If you feel the dealer did you wrong you can post here:
RV Service Review

Good luck.
2011 - GMC 3500 Dually
Cardinal RV Club
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge