Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
kcw

should we buy 2014 blue ridge 3125 rt

I have fallen in love with the layout of the new 2014 blue ridge 3125rt. However, I see a lot of bad posts on here! Is there anyone out there who loves their Blue Ridge and has had no issues with it? Please let me know if you would recommend we purchase this beautiful LOOKING camper!!!!
kcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Always Learning

I don't have one, but I think it is safe to say- all brands have issues. All brands have some trailers with major issues. And all brands have some trailers that angels have missed and are problem free.

The forum is definitely going to be a skewed view of the world- people are coming here often specifically because they need help. So, you hear more of the bad about things. Whereas, people without issues possibly and likely don't even know the forum exists because their is no need.

Hard to see. Hopefully an actual owner shows up to give input...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #3

We have been very happy with our Blue Ridge. We took delivery in May and spent the summer backyard camping. Our first trip to Michigan was wonderful. We've had a few minor problems. We have to auto level manually and the heat duct in the bedroom must be plugged. We haven't taken it back to the dealer yet for the repairs.

We have yet to see a Blue Ridge on the road. We were also worried about the reviews but Colerain in Indianapolis gave wonderful praise. Right now we would purchase the Blue Ridge again.

Best of luck with your choice.
PineHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #4

Kcw. You can read my post about the probs we had, which were many and some major. I can say tho this spring and summer, we have used a total of 14 times, totaling approx 25 nights, mostly full hook ups but afew dry, and we have had zero issues. Very happy with our 3125. I think they all have QC issues and such. Alil time spent 'makin them yours' and you will usually be fine. Ours has been flawless since. We are using it the next 3 wknds for college football games so time will tell. Thanks and good luck!
latemodel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
kcw

Thank you all for your comments. We are still weighing issues...such as gas mileage with a heavier unit, and would we use the outside kitchen. I am still casting a yes vote, but hubby is not convinced!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
kcw

Hubby took his truck to the dealership today and took the Blue Ridge fifth wheel for a drive. He loved it, said it handled great! Hence, we finally bought the camper. Will let you know how it turns out!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #7

We purchased a Blue Ridge 3600 after dealing with a lemon from another mfg. our other unit was owned only 20 months, it was in shop more than we got to use it.
I checked out the construction of the Blue Ridge it is better built than previous unit.
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
kcw

We took our new Blue Ridge 3125 out for its maiden voyage. All went well, only a few little details to be ironed out...like doors and drawers that stick, nothing major at all!!!! We sure enjoyed the 5 days we spent in it! So far, so good......
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #9

We have a 2013 Blue Ridge 3600 and have very few issues and the issues we have had the dealer has resolved quickly.
FYI the trailer is built by Forest River and the Components (the re fridge, air conditioner, water heater) are from various venders. So there is always possibilities of failure. Good Luck
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #10

Good luck, my 3600RS was the worst mistake I ever made in my life. But beyond that, the callous attitude of customer service was even worse. In the process of trading for a Keystone Montana, hope I have better luck this time. Good luck...
farmall130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ridge