Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #1

Winterize city water connection

I am putting our Blue Ridge 3025 in the shed for the winter for the first time. Is there a certain way to drain the city water connection or does it drain when I open the low point drain. I have never used it although the dealer may have before we took delivery.

I appreciate any help some of you veterans may have.
RickeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #2

Use a blow out plug , connects to the city water connection and blow compressed air through the lines . Or just Ad a little Rv antifreeze to the line to insure it doesn't freeze up
Chris1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #3

Hi,
I blow the lines out with this type of plug with the compressor set at 40PSI . After I run RV antifreeze through the system, I will go back out to the city water connection, remove the debris screen and push the check valve in with my finger for just a second. Your system will be pressurized so watch the spray back. You will see antifreeze in the spray back from the city water check valve. Don't forget the outside shower.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #4

Be wary of just blowing out the lines. I had my RV dealer (the one from whom I purchased the unit) blow out the lines because I was moving my RV from the west coast of BC (hardly ever freezes) to Grande Prairie, Alberta. He offered the antifreeze or blow out the lines and I thought that I'd avoid having antifreeze in the lines because let's face it, it sure doesn't sound like something you want to do..... antifreeze isn't something I want near my water.

Long story short, we had the lines blown out and there was still water in the valve above the hot water tank and in the toilet valve. Cost $195 to replace both by a mobile RV repair.

Next time, I'm going with antifreeze, despite my aversion to it.
Schloofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water connection, winter, winterize