Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 04:56 PM   #1

2019 Palomino Solaire is JUNK!

Well if you guys read my previous thread about the front bunk leaking you'll understand my frustration. 3X into the shop and the factory just denied my warranty claim to repair the now leaking rear bunk. Forrest River does not stand by their product. Ironically it appears they made a gutter/gasket change for the 2020 models... hmmm. Now why would they do that? Brand new trailer has seen more shop than dirt.
JKUman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Truly unfortunate. Try putting in a dispute with the BBB online.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Commercial Member

JKUman,

Thank you for being a part of the Palomino family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new SolAire Ultra Lite. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Jerald Summey in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.palominorv.com/DirectServ...16568615355584.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #4

So JKUman, I also have a Solaire 147X, 2021, and I have a number of issues with it, including a crack in the steel underframe! I do have a representative from Lippert CI coming out to inspect on Dec. 1. I am wondering if you followed the contact information for Forest River and if you ever got any satisfaction from them.

-------------------------------------------------

2021 Palomino Hybrid 147X Off Road
2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel w/Tow Package
ddeanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeanb View Post
So JKUman, I also have a Solaire 147X, 2021, and I have a number of issues with it, including a crack in the steel underframe! I do have a representative from Lippert CI coming out to inspect on Dec. 1. I am wondering if you followed the contact information for Forest River and if you ever got any satisfaction from them.
The OP hasn't posted in almost a year. You might have better luck by sending them a PM.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeanb View Post
I ended up selling the trailer (and disclosed the work done to it). Took a loss and will never entertain a Palomino/Forrest River trailer again. I wish you luck!
JKUman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:20 PM   #7

Here is an update; In December, Lippert CI did come on site to inspect, and fix. However, he discovered the damage was too severe to fix in the time allotted, plus he needed parts he did not have. The passenger side "C" channel at the axel had a cracked lower flange, and a sheared web! Right side was 1 1/2" lower than the left! Repair scheduled two weeks out. Parts delivered to me. He returned and spent 6 hours or so relevelling the frame, welding plates to cover this crack and three channel cracks elsewhere. Dang I cannot recall his name, but he was very professional and thorough. That being said, you can bet your ***** that I crawl under and inspect the frame BEFORE and after every trip. Just returned from a 4,000 mile round trip to LA, and so far, so good.

-------------------------------------------------

2021 Palomino Hybrid 147X Off Road
2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel w/Tow Package
ddeanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #8

Question Got me worried…

We too have a 2021 Solaire 147X off-road and your issues with the frame are freaking me out. We placed an order for it in February 2021 but due to covid and manufacturing shortages it took months to finish her. We finally took delivery in late June and have only had her on 5 trips so far. Not counting the drive home from the dealership (Nebraska to Oklahoma) the furthest trip we’ve taken so far was 150 miles away. She’s been doing great but now I’m worried. What made you check the frame in the first place? Just wondering what we should be looking out for. Thanks!
Amosannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino