Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #1

Screen removal for cleaning

is there a way to remove the window screens for cleaning? the one in my crank out had a plastic pull and came out, but the others don't have this. they have a ton of dirt on them after the winter and it sure would be easier to remove them to clean them?

I have the solaire 190x.
didi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi20 View Post
is there a way to remove the window screens for cleaning? the one in my crank out had a plastic pull and came out, but the others don't have this. they have a ton of dirt on them after the winter and it sure would be easier to remove them to clean them?

I have the solaire 190x.

Mine randomly came out on the trip home from storage and I can't seem to get it back in lol
h4kintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi20 View Post

I have the solaire 190x.
Open a window and from inside try pressing sideways or down on the screen frame.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #4

yeah - slides sideways with the glass part, but not out. has some play upwards, but doesn't seem like enough to get out. has a bit of retention that way, like there is spring clips or something, but I don't want to force.

no sure how I would clean them without removing - the window has to be open to access from the outside?
didi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #5

if you have a air compressor with an air nozzle to blow parts off you can use this to blow the dust out of the screen.

Hope this helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #6

We have an FR3 and I tried to get the screens out, but I was afraid I would damage one. DH got one out. Ours have the springs on top. You have to move the screen into the straight section of the window channel (away from the corner) and then pull up and out from the bottom from inside the rig. I can't wait to try it - there's a little section on our windows that needs washed but I can't get to it with the screens in. Hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
TARVIDSON

The hairy brush on a shop vac does a good job on the screens.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #8

NEW TO FORUM. On the screen remove. I don't take out screen I use a damp sponge and wipe in up and across on inside and out. Rinse sponge as needed.Hope this helps
Adela is offline   Reply With Quote