Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #1

Storage Idea

Any one have any tips tricks or pics of storage mods for the 147x or similar hybrids?
LBJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Team

On any hybrid that small, storage space is going to be sacrificed.
Some stuff will need to ride in the tow vehicle.
Storage tubs and duffel bags can be stored on the floor during transit.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #3

I did this mod for my sewer hose elbow, wheel chocks and leveling blocks that I found on this site.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...box-67091.html

My picture is attached.

I also installed a wire basket above the couch, just to the left the microwave. It is about 18" long and 6" deep. This holds larger, lightweight items like bread, chips, cereal, etc. (Sorry I don't have a picture, but can get you one next weekend if you would like to see it. The link below isn't quite the one I have, but gives you an idea). I would have liked to have a small cabinet above the couch, like the one above the dinette, but went this route because it was easier and saved a lot of weight.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...59-_-205919336

I also installed a paper towel holder over the sink and a wire rack that attached to the top of the bathroom door to hang coats, towels, etc.
2011 Chevy Traverse (traded 2018)
2014 Solaire 147X (traded 2019)
RamsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #4

Thumbs up Storage Idea

Thanks for the input. The bumper storage box looks like a great Idea. Black tanks will be new to me. We looked at a Jayco X17A and X17Z and they had more cabinets but your right more weight. The space above the couch does seem to beg for something but a small basket on the microwave end will help for sure. Did you mount it on the wall or the cabinet? We were thinking of a clear shoe rack for the back of the bathroom door for small things as well or a wire rack but want to keep things light and don't want to mount anything permanently unless I can't live with out it. (Command adhesives are in order I'm thinking) We were also thinking of a load bar on the front of the rear bunk and a small hanging wardrobe for some clothes directly behind the bathroom wall. Maybe a small ottoman for a foot stool in-front of the for some more clothes.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #5

I mounted it to both the wall and the cabinet so it would be good and sturdy. (I think I used 5/8" screws that I purchased separately). It works well and we can put heavier items in it too (canned goods) as anything with some weight to it seems to come flying out of the top cabinets during transit.
We also have some command hooks for hanging items in the bathroom, they are very handy. Especially since I am afraid the walls surrounding the bathroom are too flimsy to attach anything else.
I would be interested to see your load bar idea if you pursue it.

If you bring bikes, this mod is very helpful as well (although I used the current wood on my dinette and didn't change it)http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...els-44515.html
Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #6

When transporting the bikes is it just gravity holding the plywood down? I see that the bikes are strapped together. We do travel with bikes and have been using a rear mounted rack on our TV but it adds 150 lbs or so onto the hitch weight. That mod is brilliant!
Old 03-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #7

Yes, I may throw bike shoes, helmet on there and a few other miscellaneous items on there, but other than that just gravity. I have about 4,000-5,000 miles doing it this way with no issues.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFan1 View Post
I mounted it to both the wall and the cabinet so it would be good and sturdy. (I think I used 5/8" screws that I purchased separately). It works well and we can put heavier items in it too (canned goods) as anything with some weight to it seems to come flying out of the top cabinets during transit.
We also have some command hooks for hanging items in the bathroom, they are very handy. Especially since I am afraid the walls surrounding the bathroom are too flimsy to attach anything else.
I would be interested to see your load bar idea if you pursue it.

If you bring bikes, this mod is very helpful as well (although I used the current wood on my dinette and didn't change it)http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...els-44515.html
We didn't pursue the load bar...didn't find one we liked. Ended up with a paper towel holder over the sink and a over the door rack on the back of the bathroom door. I put some tub guards on the corners of the shower and a small piece of tub weather striping over the gap between the shower basin and the bathroom vanity. Ended up caulking them into place since the glue didn't hold well. I figured anyway I can keep water going into the grey tank and not on the floor is all the better. Shelves in all the cupboards and rubber liners to boot. I used command adhesive Velcro strips to mount a media server and a small hard drive behind the TV for rainy days for the kids. Also took the factory shower curtain (Replaced it with one more our style one) and made it into a window cover over the door. Our window was only tinted so you could see in at night. I sewed Velcro into he edges so it can be removed during the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdibuovr7k...31235.jpg?dl=0
Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #9

I dont have the same model, but even my 213X lacks outside storage. you can see my thread "tongue storage" for what i am currently working on. Moved my propane tanks forward and placed a truck toolbox on the remaining tongue space. The box i got wasnt cheap but thats because i wanted to utilize as much space as i could. There are many smaller or longer boxes much cheaper that would work.

Love the Solaire hybrids although they just did not give much for outside storage like some of the other brands.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage