Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #1

How do you fold up a 236 ST?

We have a 2006 Surveyor 236 ST. How do you fold up the beds? There are two snaps on the long canvas side of the bed and then the bed folds, somewhat, and there are two random straps with snaps that we cannot figure out how to work. I was really hoping that the beds folded up vertically so that we can pack and unpack without having to take down the beds. If anyone has any pictures or videos to share this would be really helpful. Thanks!
AllisonRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Team

check out RVW's Roo walkthrough videos.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #3

On our 234T the matresses have what sounds like the same set up.
The snaps at the long side of the matress snap to the front and/or rear bunk panel at the top outer edge of the bunk.
The snaps with the straps snap to the sides of the bunk panel. I always leave the long edge ones snapped in place. The strap ones need to be unsnapped to unfold the matress.
When closing up, fold the matress at the seam and then snap the straps to the side snaps. This is easier to do from the outside after velcro on canvas has been released so that you can just reach in and snap the straps on. Then when you fold the ends up the matress will stay in place on the bunk end doors.
If you take your matress off of the bunk end completely you'll see where the snaps are located on the bunk door.
The alignment for the top snaps on our matresses (Both Queen Size) differ slightly on the front vs back matress so I had to make sure I had the correct matress in the right place for the snaps to work right
lbcarr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
check out RVW's Roo walkthrough videos.
Bikendan,
Thanks for the lead to RVW's videos. I watched the whole series and they were very informative. Even though we have a surveyor, the systems are pretty much the same.
When we bought our HTT I had to pick it up on a Saturday due to my schedule and the dealership had nobody there for a thorough PDI. The one salesman that was there knew less about the camper than I did, so was pretty much useless. I learned quite a few things watching these videos.

Thanks again
lbcarr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcarr87 View Post
Bikendan,
Thanks for the lead to RVW's videos. I watched the whole series and they were very informative. Even though we have a surveyor, the systems are pretty much the same.
When we bought our HTT I had to pick it up on a Saturday due to my schedule and the dealership had nobody there for a thorough PDI. The one salesman that was there knew less about the camper than I did, so was pretty much useless. I learned quite a few things watching these videos.

Thanks again
no problem. i refer many Roo/Shamrock owners there. this is one of the reasons RVW sells so many hybrids, they're very pro-hybrid.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
236 st, beds, snaps