Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1

New Hybrid Ower looking for tips

Hi everyone! First time hybrid owner here - recently made the transition from a pop up. I intro'd myself on the welcome mat week or so ago and now that I finally have new to us camper I have some questions to ask and hopefully you'll share some insight and wisdom. We just got a 2011 Survey Sport Eco Lite...it's the 23 or 24' model with 3 drop outs for beds, no pull out. I would love any advice you have on the topics below. Thanks so much in advance! If you have questions for me, please post and I'll try to address ASAP.

In order of what I'm most curious about...

1. General tips for setting up the "pop up" beds. Granted, it was my first time, but it seems pretty cumbersome. There's the piece of vinyl that gets velcro'd under the mattress (seemed to be the hardest part), then the second flap that goes around the outside....etc.

Related to this, the canvas seems to be uneven....like tight on one side and loose on the other. Do you just funegle (technical term) with it to get it even? Any tips or order of doing things would be much appreciated.

2. Broken buttons on fold outs..... the buttons that are "supposed" to hold the mattress in position ....many seem to have broken or just ripped right out of the thin wood that the fold outs are made of. Is this common - how have others fixed or dealt with?

I'll stop there for now as not to overwhelm things too much! Thanks so much in advance!!!
96corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #2

we had a kiwi hybrid, tips on making the beds, make the beds, sheets etc before you secure the canvass, that way you can walk around outside to get to all the edges first.
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellma View Post
we had a kiwi hybrid, tips on making the beds, make the beds, sheets etc before you secure the canvass, that way you can walk around outside to get to all the edges first.

Thank you!!!!

While searching some other threads - I found the recommendation of the Roo Walkthrough video's, I didn't get to watch them all yet, but certainly will and will also refer to DW.

The one difference between the roo and surveyor is my tent ends also have the Velcro for securing under the mattress and then around the outside. I'll do some more searches to see how people are dealing with that.

My only other issue is snaps/buttons....I've already got a few that are broken...that was one great thing of the video....showing the proper way to remove them. I will search some other threads to see if I can find how folks are repairing these.

The video's are good stuff!
96corolla is offline   Reply With Quote