Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #1

new surveyor

Hi there
We just bought a new surveyor, any problems I should be aware of
mieds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #2

to the Forest River Forums. I'm not sure of any specific problems related to Surveyors. Which model did you buy?

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Enjoying Member

Congrats on the new unit. I also don't have that series of unit but if you give the specific model I am sure someone will get with you.

Welcome to FRF. Enjoy and post often.

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new camper, now go and enjoy. Quit looking for problems first thing, they will find you.

Really, after being here for over a year, and reading every post, there are 2 things that will give problems. One is slides. There are a lot of post about slide problems. Two is concertone. there probably are more post on this than anything. Now go and enjoy while it is new and te dealer has to fix the problems, for free.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #5

Actually the biggest problem we have had with our Flagstaff (cousin to Surveyor) is finding time to use it.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #6

We have a 2007 Surveyor SV291. We haven't had any prblems that weren't of our own doing... having a spotter who didn't now how to guide my partner and backing him into a building and tearing the awning off, electrician wiring in to a 220v outlet because he was sure we didn't know what we were talking about. Our Surveyor is a great trailer and tows very well behind our 1/2 ton Chevy.
I can't say you will not have problems with yours, but I would buy another one when we are ready to upgrade.o
Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #7

new htt

We are very excited about out new trailer. We have traded up from a pop up to the htt surveyor 192 sport.
mieds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
Site Team

congrats on the move to a hybrid! we also moved up from popups to our Roo.
Surveyor makes a good hybrid. not as many dealers as the Roo/Shamrock line, so they are not as common. but there doesn't seem to be many complaints about them.
we would have bought a Surveyor if they had had a floor plan like the 23SS.

make sure the canvas doesn't get in the seals when closing the bunk ends. this is the #1 rookie mistake with hybrids.
get some Popup Gizmos or solar blankets for the top of the tent ends. using these and allowing for air movement will help prevent condensation on cold nites.

any question or post related to all hybrids should be posted on the Expandable section. anything related specific to your Surveyor brand should be posted on the Surveyor section.
some people may not check posts on the Surveyor section if they don't own one.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor