Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2023, 10:09 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
I have had rainwater blow in my shower vent during periods of heavy rain and wind.

You are going to need to start eliminating things. Start by drying the floor when it is not raining. Does a puddle reform? (leaky pipe connection is the culbrit) No pudde, then shower and see if the pudde reforms. Continue trying to eliminate possibilities.
Hi,
All great ideas thank you. I have done a few of them and it stopped raining for now so I will continue with the process of elimination thank you! 👍
Newbiervgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiervgirl View Post
Hi,
All great ideas thank you. I have done a few of them and it stopped raining for now so I will continue with the process of elimination thank you! 👍
The first thing I would do is get a ladder to get up and look on the roof for any kind of crack or space that could leak rainwater. Get a tube or two of Dicor self-leveling caulk and cover well anything that looks vulnerable. Rain leaks must be stopped dead in their tracks!

Self-leveling caulk is a rather easy DIY project, but you must find the leaks. Randomly applying caulk won't help. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2023, 12:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
The first thing I would do is get a ladder to get up and look on the roof for any kind of crack or space that could leak rainwater. Get a tube or two of Dicor self-leveling caulk and cover well anything that looks vulnerable. Rain leaks must be stopped dead in their tracks!

Self-leveling caulk is a rather easy DIY project, but you must find the leaks. Randomly applying caulk won't help. Good luck!
Hi,
I was actually able to get two of my neighbors to get on the roof and they spotted to cracks or gapes at the back part of the roof where the seams start and said that it looks like it was wear and tear and this is only a 2018!
So they were not entirely convinced that this was the problem but they will close the spots with some type of ceiling that I will be buying soon. I will keep watch out on the bathroom floor for more water tonight and of course after that is done in a few days?
Thank you😊👍
Old 02-08-2023, 12:57 AM   #44
Site Team

The caulking on the roof seams, should be inspected at least every 6 months minimum.
Your trailer is 5 years old and apparently never been inspected.
So not sure what you mean by "only a 2018". The roof should have been inspected 10x by now and probably been re-caulked a number of times.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:09 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The caulking on the roof seams, should be inspected at least every 6 months minimum.
Your trailer is 5 years old and apparently never been inspected.
So not sure what you mean by "only a 2018". The roof should have been inspected 10x by now and probably been re-caulked a number of times.
I just bought this in the end of July of 2022. It's new to me, all if this is new to me (newbiervgirl) so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the frames!
Old 02-08-2023, 01:13 AM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
I just bought this in the end of July of 2022. It's new to me, all if this is new to me (newbiervgirl) so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the frames!

This thread (link below) with it's associated links may help as it is aimed at new RV owners like yourself. Something you can read at your leisure.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:35 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
This thread (link below) with it's associated links may help as it is aimed at new RV owners like yourself. Something you can read at your leisure.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html
Hi and thank you so very much! 👍😁
Old 02-08-2023, 11:02 AM   #48

Attaching a picture of where mine was leaking at. There is a hole at the bottom of the retainer for the clips that hold the cover on. Had to put some dicor into the holes and around it a little better.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Max Vent Leak Area - Copy.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	283733
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 11:17 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
Attaching a picture of where mine was leaking at. There is a hole at the bottom of the retainer for the clips that hold the cover on. Had to put some dicor into the holes and around it a little better.
Attachment 283733
Hello, thank you for chiming in. I don't really know what this is a picture of or where it is and I don't have the RV terminology down to understand what it belongs to?😁
Old 02-08-2023, 03:26 PM   #50

It is related to my previous post #36. Should have put that in the last post.

It is the attachment point for the clips up on the roof for a Power Vent Cover.
No idea if yours is set up the same or not. Just something to look at.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:11 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
It is related to my previous post #36. Should have put that in the last post.

It is the attachment point for the clips up on the roof for a Power Vent Cover.
No idea if yours is set up the same or not. Just something to look at.
Hi,
Oh ok thank you for clarifying that for me. I don't have a power vent cover it's the knob turn kind, but like you say, any ideas to look at does help!
Thanks 👍😊
Old 02-09-2023, 08:59 PM   #52

Another thing...

Hello again everyone!
So I am still trying to figure out where all of the water is coming from which so far I can tell that I need a new vent gasket and there are condensation drips coming from there and definitely when I push on the floor at the seam where my tub meets the floor I do see more water coming out from underneath the tub. I don't know how to deal with that just yet but I'm working on that.
But, today I turned on my air conditioner which I have not done in a long time and it was the lowest Max AC setting and it ran really well for a good 5 minutes or so and then it started to smell dank and then when I looked through the vent I could see little droplets of water in there too? Is this something that just happens with these Colemans Mach air conditioners(RV a/C's in general) or could this be an indicator that water is leaking or has leaked to that spot as well? Ugh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230209_173911231.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	283776  
Old 02-09-2023, 09:28 PM   #53

Icing on the cooling coils

Quote:
Hello again everyone!
So I am still trying to figure out where all of the water is coming from which so far I can tell that I need a new vent gasket and there are condensation drips coming from there and definitely when I push on the floor at the seam where my tub meets the floor I do see more water coming out from underneath the tub. I don't know how to deal with that just yet but I'm working on that.
But, today I turned on my air conditioner which I have not done in a long time and it was the lowest Max AC setting and it ran really well for a good 5 minutes or so and then it started to smell dank and then when I looked through the vent I could see little droplets of water in there too? Is this something that just happens with these Colemans Mach air conditioners(RV a/C's in general) or could this be an indicator that water is leaking or has leaked to that spot as well? Ugh.
This may be a simple, unrelated problem. I bet it's humid in the trailer. When that humid air hits the cooling coils, it cools enough that droplets condense out--just like dew on grass or droplets on the outside of a nice, cold glass of..err...uhh..iced tea!

It's less likely to happen if you run the fan on high instead of low. Try it and let us know.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:30 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
This may be a simple, unrelated problem. I bet it's humid in the trailer. When that humid air hits the cooling coils, it cools enough that droplets condense out--just like dew on grass or droplets on the outside of a nice, cold glass of..err...uhh..iced tea!

It's less likely to happen if you run the fan on high instead of low. Try it and let us know.
Hi! Well that is great news compared to the other things that I am dealing with and I will definitely give it a try right now thank you! ......
Old 02-09-2023, 09:49 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post

Thank you thank you! That totally and completely took care of that issue , one down and two to go! 👍👍😁
Old 02-13-2023, 07:19 PM   #56

water shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Call a mobile rv repair service?

The water could be coming from anywhere. Has it been raining? Does it occur only after you've used the shower/tub or is it all the time? Do you have an access panel near the floor which you can take off and look underneath? If you find the leak, do you have the ability to fix it?
You've obviously got a water leak and it needs to be fixed.

Welcome to the forum.
Yuuuup he's got a point
DO YOU HAve the ability to fix it
here that shower could be a real problem yuuuup
so whats a helplisss little gril to do lmao
got any friends that might know more than you Just saying..
did you winterise it properly could of cracked the pipe coming of the base of the shower.... yuuuuuup could be a lot of things

2000 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 5.9 cummins 20+ mhp towing.lots of mod's
2014 RockWood 2608 WS UL lots of mod's empty less 5000
2 side kick's Cre & Zoie
1972 Cub Lo Boy 3 point & Creper
196? Massey Ferguson 65 Gasser Industrial
Old 02-13-2023, 08:29 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO-BOO-IS-IN-CAMP View Post
Yuuuup he's got a point
DO YOU HAve the ability to fix it
here that shower could be a real problem yuuuup
so whats a helplisss little gril to do lmao
got any friends that might know more than you Just saying..
did you winterise it properly could of cracked the pipe coming of the base of the shower.... yuuuuuup could be a lot of things

2000 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 5.9 cummins 20+ mhp towing.lots of mod's
2014 RockWood 2608 WS UL lots of mod's empty less 5000
2 side kick's Cre & Zoie
1972 Cub Lo Boy 3 point & Creper
196? Massey Ferguson 65 Gasser Industrial
🤣🤣🤣 hahaha! That's a whole lot of emojis!
That would be a "no" to all of your questions so I'm still trying to figure out what to do but in the meantime, thank you for the laugh! 😂
Old 02-14-2023, 10:41 AM   #58

I noticed water once on the floor outside the shower pan. Puzzled for a while then found the supply line to the toilet was the culprit.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 10:44 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme View Post
I noticed water once on the floor outside the shower pan. Puzzled for a while then found the supply line to the toilet was the culprit.
👋 Hello,
That's one I had not thought of that is certainly used the most. I will check it out thank you! ☺️
Old 02-14-2023, 02:07 PM   #60

Toilet leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetyme View Post
This happend to us with our "new" trailer (6 yrs old when we got it). I first thought it was water running down the shower curtain (tub/shower combo) and pooling around the toilet. But finally figured out it was a bad seal on the flush mechanism. The previous owner had never used the toilet and I assume the gasket dried out from non-use after 2 years.

Try placing paper towels around the base of the toilet and check after each flush. That might either identify or eliminate the toilet as a problem.
GMC Sierra 2500
Scott V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water