Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

#1 motor Battery Dropout ... 2018 XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS slide out NEED HELP

Need help ... i have a 2018 XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS and the slide out stopped working ... everything else works fine and battery is at full charge ... i have even tried to run camper with my external generator and still doesn't work ... i pulled the cover off of the box under the slide out and the LED lights in box are blinking 1 green and 2 red ... which is supposed to mean the number one motor said battery dropout ... but i have no idea what that means or how to fix it ... can anyone help?

selandbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

You probably already figured this out. I just now saw your post. I would check the connector to motor #1. Be sure it is plugged in okay. "Battery drop out" means the motor reported 6 volts or less. You can read on the photo how to manually override printed on the controller. It says, press a certain button 6 times then hold it in on the 7th time until LED start flashing, then use the manual switch to retract room. I always, always be sure nothing is in the way to let it move freely.
WW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c2 controller.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	156946  

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #3

Wolfwhisle ... thanks for the help ... i have actually NOT figured this out yet and i may just have to take it in for service ... i tried resetting this as you have pointed out and now instead of the battery drop out code it is now showing a code for battery low ... which doesn't make sense ... because i had the camper hooked up to the generator at the time ... so I'm still lost on this issue ... but thanks again for trying to help
Old 11-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by selandbe View Post
Wolfwhisle ... thanks for the help ... i have actually NOT figured this out yet and i may just have to take it in for service ... i tried resetting this as you have pointed out and now instead of the battery drop out code it is now showing a code for battery low ... which doesn't make sense ... because i had the camper hooked up to the generator at the time ... so I'm still lost on this issue ... but thanks again for trying to help
With only one motor shows these error codes, I would think, would point to a motor or control board fault. But, if that motor was drawing above normal amps... working too hard (viz: physically binding) its fixed resistance could drop voltage level to those alarm points. I hope its still under warranty.
Best wishes,
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #5

The dealer said it was a faulty control board ... they replaced it and no more issues

Tags
battery, lite, slide, slide out, xlr