Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2023, 09:42 AM   #1

2012 XLR 40x12 New Owner

new to me, 2012 XLR 40x12... Floor in toyhauler area is soft.. what is the floor construction, OSB, Plywood ? is the frame aluminum, metal, ...?what is the weight capacity for the garage itself...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. We have a special project in mind for this one, once the floor is fixed, we will start on the remodel.. pictures will follow....

Thanks

Bo
Rioneshoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:24 AM   #2

The weight capacity of the garage area should be on a sticker on the wall in the garage.
Now it’s my understanding that you need to subtract any weight of options in the garage from that number, happy jack beds,3 season doors, patio railings system and fuel in the fuel tanks since there under the garage floor.
This number is also part of your total cargo capacity.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #3

Thank you for the reply
That is what i thought.. i have looked for it and cant find it....

I will be taking all the bed systems out, and only fuel for the generator...

i just purchased this and found the soft spots... do you have any idea of the construction of the floor, and what i could do to strengthen it?
Old 01-17-2023, 10:52 AM   #4

Try looking in the outside storage compartments and look up.

Also removing one of the built in tie downs in the garage will help identify that floor which should be thicker than the rest of the Rv.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioneshoba View Post

i just purchased this and found the soft spots... do you have any idea of the construction of the floor, and what i could do to strengthen it?
If the floors are just soft and not rotten, I have had success with pouring epoxy in thin layers and letting the wood soak it up. It hardens up really nice.

You still need to address why the floors are soft in the first place.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 11:26 AM   #6

40x12 floor update

The whole garage floor is water logged, squisshy and falling apart... contacted XLR warranty dept, they have provided great info on next steps....
so the journyey begins
all the diamond plate trim is off, bathroom entry door, wood trim, hapijac lift system and rear screen is down.
oscillating saw to cut the rubber floor covering off, trying to save to reuse.
next step to cut the old floor our, as close to the wall / under the wall as possible, then clean it out to hopefully have 1/2 lip under wall... will post pictures as i progress....
looking to replace floor with double layer 15/32 treated plywood, not osb...
Old 02-08-2023, 04:57 PM   #7
REL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioneshoba View Post
The whole garage floor is water logged, squisshy and falling apart... contacted XLR warranty dept, they have provided great info on next steps....
so the journyey begins
all the diamond plate trim is off, bathroom entry door, wood trim, hapijac lift system and rear screen is down.
oscillating saw to cut the rubber floor covering off, trying to save to reuse.
next step to cut the old floor our, as close to the wall / under the wall as possible, then clean it out to hopefully have 1/2 lip under wall... will post pictures as i progress....
looking to replace floor with double layer 15/32 treated plywood, not osb...

Might want to find the source of all that water before you put in all that repair time and $.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, xlr