Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #1

2017 XLR Boost 29qbs

Anybody has owned one of these just got my hands on 1 a week ago and I wanna know any pros and cons. Thanks in advanced. First rv so could use any advise.toyx
Sergioc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #2

We purchased our 2017 back in Nov 2016. We have enjoyed it so far....even with it going back to the dealer after every time we have taken it out for one reason or another. Thankfully we had a great dealer who worked with us on correcting various things that "shouldn't just break/leak the first few times we took it out" . We were told that the dealer assumes all when they accept the unit from the manufacturer. The dealer told us that they would handle any reimbursements from FR.
If you got the electric jack that came with the unit I will warn you that you may need a new one soon. Ours broke on the third time out. Thankfully it was when we had just pulled up back home.
Also, Be careful with the awning and LED lights. Make sure that when you roll it back up that they are off and cool. Id like to say that ours were but they had to replace the whole LED assembly cause they said it overheated and was rolled up while on.
weekshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the responds. Where leaking ? So far I haven't had problems with the unit. What did they say the electric jack was the motor ?

Well that's a good pointer there thanks I never thought about letting the LED to cool off. I'll make sure to let them cool off from now on. Any pointers that you can give me towards this unit would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #4

The first leak was in the bedroom, we could see water dripping down the wall at the seam on the front. The bed was soaked about 2 foot from the head. They resealed the while top and said it was an area up there that had separated.

The second leak was the shower. At first we thought the kids were just not closing the door good OR getting out soaking wet. But when an adult showered and it still happened we called the dealer. They literally hooked up the water and ran water for 2 hours. They never found a "leak" but the bottom of the shower wasn't sealed at all so they ran some seal (we could've done this but at this point, we have taken it out 3 times and took back all 3 times)

The jack was not the motor. The buttons kept popping off. When we had returned from that trip (this is the trip that the shower leaked as well) My husband was running the jack out to unhook and the whole base fell out. THe new jack they put on has toggle switches vs buttons and honestly just seems more sturdy.

ON the lights I never would've though LED would get hot but they said that if it was cold....they could have. We live in the south so it dont get that cold even in winter.

Overall, we do enjoy the camper, I feel that we just had a run of bad luck and Murphys law.
weekshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #5

Thankfully I don't have the leaks been raining here west Texas and nothing knock on would I don't get none.

If you don't mind and if possible would you be able to post pictures of where it was leaking? I have some issues in the shower of water getting out but don't know if it's the same spot.

I hope I don't have the problem with the jack I checked the whole thing seems sturdy enough but I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Yeah that what I was thinking never knew LED lights would heat up, we live in west Texas so we hardly see any cold days right now we are hitting 110 during the day so very hot.

Probably it was a run of bad luck. But atleast the dealership took care of all that.

What do you guys carry in the cargo area if you don't mind.?

Tags
xlr