Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

2017 XLR Nitro 29KW - New Member

Hey all, new member here.

I've been poking around for a toy hauler and while I'd like a Desert Fox, the budget doesn't work for a new one. So I've put some money down on a Forest River, XLR Nitro 29KW (has the side porch).

My question is, any caveats? Does anyone here own one? Any problems with the slideout kitchen?

Anything else you can think of before I pull the trigger on this toy hauler would be greatly appreciated.

I did do a search for XLR 29KW and there were no results.
JustinCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #2

Advice

If and when you buy I need you to do something that didn't happen to me. Whoever you buy from MAKE sure they go over every inch, and show you the complete set up and how everything works. I bought a 2016 XLR Thunderbolt last June. Went on first trip and Lord did I have problems. I was not showed the set up. I was showed the quicky version and no set up. Brought home stayed in shop for five weeks, then went on a few more trips before having to put back in shop for seven weeks. I hope we finally got all bugs worked out. But really make them go through the entire set up with you and make sure everything works.

Tim Coltrain In NC
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #3

Thanks Tim for the heads up. I do plan on spending some time with them going through the entire set-up. Normally I'm a do-it-yourselfer but in this case, being our first camper, I'll heed your advice.

Were there any bugs in particular you'd like to share?
JustinCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:18 AM   #4

I've had mine for a year now and my biggest pit fall was the under belly sagging due to me have the extreme weather package. Took some time but it was covered by the warranty, however still do not know the cause.
AKcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #5

Hey, I too have a 2017 29KW. This is my first trailer and we bought it in May. I am getting ready to winterize it and am wondering if you winterize yours? I have found the manual and a nice video on the Forest River official site. I am wondering how many gallons of RV antifreeze I am going to need.....since our water tanks are a little bigger than most other toy haulers. Just wondering if you had any insight on this. O, and does your black water tank leak? The dealer told me the length of the pipe from the tank to the valve causes waste to stay in the pipe, hence I get sewage every time I undo the pipe cover to dump the tanks.....just wondering if you had the same issue. Thanks,

nate in South Dakota
fmjnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #6

Should take 2 gallons. That's all my 23KW takes.
cra_fizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #7

Thanks, got it done yesterday with a little over 2 gallons. It was easy, once I tightened a fitting on a water line to allow the suction to happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
fmjnathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr