Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

2018 vs 2019 XLR 30HDS

I just sold my 2013 XLR 27HFS and am bumping it up to a 30HDS. Can anyone tell me if it is worth holding out for the 2019's? Are there any added features on the '19 over the '18?

My wife and I plan to add the following to the camper:
- Rear step changed out for a MORryde StepAbove Step. It seems when people go in and out at night when the kids are sleeping that the flimsy steps from the factory are loud. I would think with them being connected to the ground it will cut down on the vibration and noise.

- Backup camera. What is the distance these will reach? I am just going with the one that they install at the dealer. They just call it a Furrion Observation Camera.

- Party Deck. We have 3 small kids and thought this might be nice to corral them. Any pics of what people have would be nice. Also any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #2

I noticed in another post that you already purchased but ill answer these questions in this thread.

Can anyone tell me if it is worth holding out for the 2019's? Are there any added features on the '19 over the '18?

Your 2018 shouldn't be any different than the beginning half of 2019 models. New features for 2019 will come out mid/late summer for a mid year refresh.

- Backup camera. What is the distance these will reach? I am just going with the one that they install at the dealer. They just call it a Furrion Observation Camera.

2016 and newer hyperlites comes prewired for a furrion backup camera. Super easy install if you haven't gotten it done at the dealer. Just unscrew factory plastic plate and pop in the furrion camera. That camera can be found online for under $200. The range is a fixed wide angle lens. You can control the tilt of the camera. The camera and screen isn't high resolution so small details can be missed.

- Party Deck. We have 3 small kids and thought this might be nice to corral them. Any pics of what people have would be nice. Also any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

We love the party deck option. Hope yours came from factory with the party deck. Otherwise its a lot of fabrication and some may say that the actual ramp is different between units with pre installed party decks.
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and ordered at 2018 through the dealer that I bought my 2013 from. They would install the camera for $400, so I had them do it. I also added on the deck. We are pretty excited for it.

Does the deck come with an area to step off it, or do you have to go through the side door?
Old 03-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yler4cy View Post
Does the deck come with an area to step off it, or do you have to go through the side door?
I don't believe that there will be steps. I watched a few 2018 hyperlite video walk throughs on youtube and didn't notice any. If anything it will be the same fencing from LCI that came with the hyperlites for the past few years. That is that it will have a gate opening at the end but doesn't supply stairs to match.
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr